Warlocks and mana in BFA

Warlock
So in BFA are all warlock specs mana impossible to run out like legion frost/fire mage?
Basically. Some guy posted a video of him doing it but he was stacking a ton of haste buffs that realistically you aren't going to have.
Supposedly, if we do burn out our mana it's going to really suck.
Yes, leveling my warlock now. We NEED Life Tap back! Mana does run out! Maybe they could make Soul Siphon gain some? Or shatter a shard to recover some?
It's a real problem!
10/10/2018 08:27 PMPosted by Bellenã
Yes, leveling my warlock now. We NEED Life Tap back! Mana does run out! Maybe they could make Soul Siphon gain some? Or shatter a shard to recover some?
It's a real problem!

Its felt more in lower levels, especially if you use drain life or fear a lot. You pretty much never run out at 120. Not even close
you can go oom if you spam drain life

source: I've gone oom spamming drain life soloing elite world quest mobs
10/10/2018 08:33 PMPosted by Hezzlocks
10/10/2018 08:27 PMPosted by Bellenã
It's a real problem!

Its felt more in lower levels, especially if you use drain life or fear a lot. You pretty much never run out at 120. Not even close

what on earth are you doing while leveling that you absolutely need to use drain life?

I don't think I used it even once on this character, and I didn't on my main warlock until 120 either.
Sometimes I wonder what is the point of mana for most mana users (obviously not things like healers).

They might as well just throw away the mechanic for most specs if they're not going to properly use it.
Yep I do it all the time with DL spam, it's not that bad when it happens though. It does Regen very fast, so in like 2 secs you have enough to cast all dots, then just chill on DL a few and it will come back.
10/10/2018 08:34 PMPosted by Haunter
you can go oom if you spam drain life

source: I've gone oom spamming drain life soloing elite world quest mobs
basically this.
Blizzard's new take on mana is it's exclusively a healing resource. Just like it limits drain life, it limits healers and hybrid heals as well.