Pathfinder is not fun

General Discussion
Prev 1 17 18 19 21 Next
So tired of pathfinding/flying crying threads. Its so easy to do the content, its so easy if you dont want to deal with time gating to just wait til its all out to play.

The worst part of wow is its players :(
06/29/2018 04:09 PMPosted by Crippey
So tired of pathfinding/flying crying threads. Its so easy to do the content, its so easy if you dont want to deal with time gating to just wait til its all out to play.

No one forced you to read these threads.

Why are YOU here on the forums, reading threads you claim to be tired of, instead of playing?
06/29/2018 03:27 PMPosted by Renim
Oh god, you may have to go somewhere on a ground mount! The horror!

Again, what is the point of them spending money on map designers if players are just going to look at the sky? Would you rather teleport everywhere you need to go so you can avoid playing the game more?

It is a video game, you're supposed to experience it.

There's only so many times I can "experience" fighting the same bloody trash mobs on my way to something before it becomes tedious in the extreme. The ability to fly past bear number 5,363,991 is a good thing in my opnion. If you want to ride around on a ground mount and "experience" the same thing ad nauseam then more power to you but it's just not my cup of tea.
06/29/2018 04:19 PMPosted by Velara

Why are YOU here on the forums, reading threads you claim to be tired of, instead of playing?

I am doing both, I have 2 monitors, neat concept I know.
06/29/2018 05:17 PMPosted by Crippey
06/29/2018 04:19 PMPosted by Velara

I am doing both, I have 2 monitors, neat concept I know.

So why do you read and "contribute" to threads of which you claim to be "tired"?
06/29/2018 07:18 PMPosted by Velara
So why do you read and "contribute" to threads of which you claim to be "tired"?
He has the right to post here as much as you do? He doesn't have to justify himself to you or anybody. Why are you paying for a game you hate so much?
06/29/2018 07:23 PMPosted by Stonebeard
He has the right to post here as much as you do? He doesn't have to justify himself to you or anybody. Why are you paying for a game you hate so much?

Hating Pathfinder and it's cousin Time-gating is NOT the same as hating WoW. The game emphasis on tunneling people through content, removing options (along with abilities) is less fun than it was before. So people complain, in the hopes that Ion & co. will listen. These threads keep coming back because they won't listen, they are too invested in their vision or whatever to ever admit they might not be perfectly perfect in every way. The truly sad part is, even with the reduced fun, it's still just about the best thing out there.
06/29/2018 02:43 PMPosted by Renim
Blizzard originally didn't want flying in WoD or Legion, but they at least met you people half way.

Incorrect my snaggletoothed green skinned hunchbacked young friend! What the developers did was give the players an unacceptable answer. You wish to fly? Too Bad You Can't! Followed shortly after the forums melted down and 5.5 million subs went poof by an ultimatum: You wish to fly? Long grindy gated partitioned quest chain but we throw you a bone and make it account wide so you only have to do the content once (cause we really are super sucky at building repeatable content)! Do it or don't fly!

That isn't a "compromise". That isn't a "concession" or a "settlement" its a straight up ultimatum. No other way to describe it that fits the parameters of the actions taken.
06/29/2018 07:48 PMPosted by Thelmaria
<span class="truncated">...</span>He has the right to post here as much as you do? He doesn't have to justify himself to you or anybody. Why are you paying for a game you hate so much?

Hating Pathfinder and it's cousin Time-gating is NOT the same as hating WoW. The game emphasis on tunneling people through content, removing options (along with abilities) is less fun than it was before. So people complain, in the hopes that Ion & co. will listen. These threads keep coming back because they won't listen, they are too invested in their vision or whatever to ever admit they might not be perfectly perfect in every way. The truly sad part is, even with the reduced fun, it's still just about the best thing out there.

I’ve been playing wow forever I have too much time invested in this game to just drop it. I really hate the direction wow is going to. I can deal with mounting at 40 (I joined in 2005)because everyone’s equal in access and it’s not time gated. And the reqs were not completely insane . And you had freedom to get that 100g. You were not forced down a certain path to get the ability.
06/26/2018 03:08 PMPosted by Thunran
Add mobs to the sky! Not slow bats or drakes, 400% speed 150M health dudes just flying around. Make the legion invasion feel bigger! And make some legion ships doing patrols around each zone that shoot your mount outta the sky. Also the mobs would be littered everywhere.

Now flying makes the game hard. Ground mobs maybe trivial but now the sky is where you have to be careful! (flying mounted combat added)

That could be a lot of fun. Love this idea.
With BFA requiring full mythic raid clears for pathfinder achieve this should work out well and reward the truly dedicated and committed players.
06/29/2018 08:47 PMPosted by Littlepicker
With BFA requiring full mythic raid clears for pathfinder achieve this should work out well and reward the truly dedicated and committed players.

Don't spread things like this, you know someone is actually going to believe it and start screeching.
06/29/2018 08:31 PMPosted by Beefsmàsh
I’ve been playing wow forever I have too much time invested in this game to just drop it. I really hate the direction wow is going to. I can deal with mounting at 40 (I joined in 2005)because everyone’s equal in access and it’s not time gated. And the reqs were not completely insane . And you had freedom to get that 100g. You were not forced down a certain path to get the ability.

According to your OP, you did drop it for nearly 3 years.

He has the right to post here as much as you do? He doesn't have to justify himself to you or anybody.

Sure, he has the right. But when the post in question is little more than complaining about the thread's topic, one does wonder why he bothered, especially since there are a large number of threads on the front page that do not cover this topic that he claims to be so tired of.

And another Pathfinder defender who doesn't have loremaster, universal explorer or the beloved.
So tired of pathfinding/flying crying threads.
Then don't read them, you're welcome.

I love this game, don't hate it.

No one questions his right to post here, just his motivation, since he claims to "be tired of" these threads :)
Doesn’t take months to get to revered. Or even exalted. I just did it in a week and a half on a,toon I just got to max lvl.
A week? Lol! I got Pathfinder done the day it was released. You must really hate wow.

HAHA No.

Unless you were able to advance time, you couldn't complete all the PF quests, sub-achievements or rep grinds "on the day it was released" so I will have to assume you were being sarcastic or farcial.
06/29/2018 08:52 PMPosted by Meritha
06/29/2018 08:47 PMPosted by Littlepicker

Don't spread things like this, you know someone is actually going to believe it and start screeching.

The reality is that anything is possible with this development team. One of the requirements to obtain your class hall armor set was to defeat the final boss of 8 different legion dungeons. A full mythic raid clears for pathfinder doesn't seem outlandish at all.
06/29/2018 09:54 PMPosted by Velara
...A week? Lol! I got Pathfinder done the day it was released. You must really hate wow.

HAHA No.

Unless you were able to advance time, you couldn't complete all the PF quests, sub-achievements or rep grinds "on the day it was released" so I will have to assume you were being sarcastic or farcial.
Yeah I was just making fun of the people who come here and talk about how its so quick and easy, because if that were the case, these threads would never exist. Nobody complained that pathfinder, or any flight license, was too easy to get. Ever.
HAHA No.

Yeah I was just making fun of the people who come here and talk about how its so quick and easy, because if that were the case, these threads would never exist. Nobody complained that pathfinder, or any flight license, was too easy to get. Ever.

Good because I thought maybe I was seeing things LOL
06/29/2018 09:12 PMPosted by Mikdra
06/29/2018 08:31 PMPosted by Beefsmàsh

According to your OP, you did drop it for nearly 3 years.

He has the right to post here as much as you do? He doesn't have to justify himself to you or anybody.

Sure, he has the right. But when the post in question is little more than complaining about the thread's topic, one does wonder why he bothered, especially since there are a large number of threads on the front page that do not cover this topic that he claims to be so tired of.

And another Pathfinder defender who doesn't have loremaster, universal explorer or the beloved.

aka bored C.S. rep ...

have you noticed how quickly CS/GMs respond to tickets now? post it, it always says "could be 24 hrs" but then BING: you're on in 10 (low player pops don't keep 'em as busy lol)