Whatever happened to splitting shards?

General Discussion
Is it just me or is there all of a sudden just waaaaaayyyy too many characters per zone? Thought when a zone reached a certain capacity a new shard was supposed to be spun up? Could have SWORN that this was what Blue said would happen. Obviously not the case today. What happened Blizz? Your VM's take a powder on you?
Maybe you're just noticing more characters instead of there being more characters. Maybe they upgraded something and can handle more characters per shard. Maybe you could have made a thread that wasn't so openly antagonistic.
07/03/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Rankin
Maybe you're just noticing more characters instead of there being more characters.

No. Today is the first time in ages that I have seen more than 4 characters in Highmountain outside of Invasions.

07/03/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Rankin
Maybe they upgraded something and can handle more characters per shard.

That would be more nearly true of early CRZ rather than the semi mature tech it is today.

Edited by Forum Moderators~~~~
No. Today is the first time in ages that I have seen more than 4 characters in Highmountain outside of Invasions.

I'm going to go on a limb here but four characters probably isn't the ideal shard population.

That said it is common for people to start trickling back in the month before the pre-patch. They even had a free weekend a couple weeks back to get people to come back.
It's a Tuesday, Pre-Patch is coming soon. Are you really shocked there may be more people around?
It seems like whenever I'm looking for someone to help with a quest or some other reason there is no one around at all, but when I'm looking for a rarespawn there are like insane amounts of people.
07/03/2018 11:42 AMPosted by Gleyal
It seems like whenever I'm looking for someone to help with a quest or some other reason there is no one around at all, but when I'm looking for a rarespawn there are like insane amounts of people.

It's a plot. They are watching you.