OMG my character is so weak now

General Discussion
OmG mY cHaRaCtEr Is So WeAk NoW

Guys, Guys, GUYS! Go back a week and remove your Artifact, now tell me how weak you are. Now, go realise what this patch is about and why we have a pre-patch.

Zero issues from me because I am not going back to raids that I am no longer geared for. I am doing world stuff to get used to the changes to make sure when the new patch comes out I can compete.

You are no longer strong enough to compete in the same raids, your artifact power was HUGE which some of us spent some years building up, IT'S GONE!

EDIT: I am not talking about levelling here, I have not done that in BfA yet and cannot compare.

I can however say from MoP levelling to Legion levelling it has gone weaker each patch.

I wanted to bring to light something some people are forgetting about losing their Artifact.

EDIT 2: I'll make it easier for you all.

Imagine no stat squish, imagine an ~960 iLVL, now imagine removing 20% of your power overnight, how in current content would that make you feel?
Get drunk with potion of prolonged power it will keep you going
Yep. AP was ridiculously powerful. It was legit about 40-45% of overall character power.
Have you tried to level a character from scratch since 8.0 hit like many of us did to, as you put it 'get used to the changes', or are you just going to keep spurting utter crap from that high horse of yours?

The stat squish/scaling is way off. It needed to happen; but they botched it in many places. It's plain to see if you go into any of the classic dungeons.
Gotta admit. I feel super weak now compared to before on my VDH and my Prot Pally. Haven't messed around too much w/ dps and heal specs.
Now let me add to this to give you something to think about.

As an SPriest I had some 6% extra shadow damage from my Artifact, that on it's own is a lot and... gone.

https://www.wowdb.com/artifact-calculator#VJJZbbbbJIBMByBjDimBHjDi

Just look at that, 15% damage, healing and absorbs, gone in just one passive. The additional spells bonus's from all of them, that cannot be brought back by Blizzard balancing the game any further, that is just raw power you are missing.
07/19/2018 05:12 AMPosted by Orda
Have you tried to level a character from scratch since 8.0 hit like many of us did to, as you put it 'get used to the changes', or are you just going to keep spurting utter crap from that high horse of yours?

The stat squish/scaling is way off. It needed to happen; but they botched it in many places. It's plain to see if you go into any of the classic dungeons.

I tried levelling from Legion and felt weaker than I was in previous patches, it happens all the time, I am not talking about levelling here, I am seeing players state they are weaker in Legion content.

Here I am running around in open current world and feel a lot stronger and you need to realise, you cannot do Legion raids like you did a week ago.

Yes, this.

Leveling is a nightmare for the first 100 levels.

And yes, a geared character who was doing well clearing heroic, mythic, or normal any should be able to still do so. it doesnt matter than AP was such a huge part of the power, the lack of distribution of that power to compensate for the loss is unacceptable.

And don't say Azerite gear, I've been on beta for a long while now and Azerite gear is a weak cousin of the Artifact Weapons. Base story, Blizzard put us all back a massive amount. This needs to be fixed.
My Lightforged Priest leveled a bit before the patch hit, and after the patch hit. So I had no chance to see how it would perform with an uber powerful artifact.

My time to kill doubled. My leveling rate plummeted. I basically need to have my friend come and fly me around and kill things for my quests if I want a chance at a decent leveling speed. Which that is going to fall apart at the higher level stuff since apparently level 80-90 mobs are stronger then level 100-110.
My character actually feels stronger or, should I say, that my pet does. Used to be that the ghoul would die against a single non-elite world mob even in T21, now he beats the crap out of them. DT actually feels like something more than "just another button to push."

I guess the back edge of the sword is the fact that there's still no way to heal it.
07/19/2018 05:13 AMPosted by Zushio
Gotta admit. I feel super weak now compared to before on my VDH and my Prot Pally. Haven't messed around too much w/ dps and heal specs.

I heard someone yesterday, right around this same time state the exact opposite. At first I got my !@# handed to me, mainly due to the fact I was still setting up mu SPriest in open world and got jumped...

But on Disc, I set that up in Org and haven't had any issues and yes, I personally feel stronger. We just need to keep on passing on feedback and the more players with the same issue will get what is needed to ensure we as a whole can be happy.
07/19/2018 05:15 AMPosted by Kavaje

Yes, this.

And yes, a geared character who was doing well clearing heroic, mythic, or normal any should be able to still do so. it doesnt matter than AP was such a huge part of the power, the lack of distribution of that power to compensate for the loss is unacceptable.

And don't say Azerite gear, I've been on beta for a long while now and Azerite gear is a weak cousin of the Artifact Weapons. Base story, Blizzard put us all back a massive amount. This needs to be fixed.

Do you watch Dragonball? If you don't, you should, it gives a good comparison to what has happened here.

Goku gets SSJGodsssomethingGODGODGOD and than goes into overdrive for one fight, get's as strong as the gods and than loses that power only to never get it back.

Legion went god mode with the artifact, you now lost that additional power, and it ain't coming back until we get better and stronger all around.
What a moronic post.

"Hey guys we had characters with a lot of abilities and power tied to artifacts, and it's gone, so of course we are weaker"

No sh*t Sherlock.

The issue isn't the loss of power due to idiot developers putting character progression behind a throw away system such as artifacts, but rather they didn't have a good plan (or failed to execute a plan) to address those issues when they killed the system.

Nor does the loss of artifacts have anything to do with the loss of power relative to enemies issues with pre-110 character.

For myself and many others, whatever I could beat on whatever character on Monday, I should be able to do so with similar level of difficulty and challenge today.

In many places it actually works out this wey - but it many it does not.

Where it does not is where Blizzard failed.
07/19/2018 05:15 AMPosted by Akaraven

I tried levelling from Legion and felt weaker than I was in previous patches, it happens all the time, I am not talking about levelling here, I am seeing players state they are weaker in Legion content.

Here I am running around in open current world and feel a lot stronger and you need to realise, you cannot do Legion raids like you did a week ago.

You've completely missed the point so I'll spell it out for you. I don't know how drunk you are right now; so I'll keep this simple.

- It's not about max level characters, because if new players want to play, it's going to drive them off with how 8.0 has turned out.
- It's a painful struggle to level now.
- Even with full heirlooms.
- Nobody cares if you feel stronger because you know where you can shove that confirmation bias. The fact is people are doing less damage across the board on nearly all forms of content (I'll also just add that it's also about survivability, not just raw DPS, we've been shafted in both regards).

EDIT: This dolt actually used Dragonball to reference the current situation. I now regret even trying to reason here.
07/19/2018 05:20 AMPosted by Akaraven
07/19/2018 05:15 AMPosted by Kavaje

Yes, this.

Do you watch Dragonball? If you don't, you should, it gives a good comparison to what has happened here.

Goku gets SSJGodsssomethingGODGODGOD and than goes into overdrive for one fight, get's as strong as the gods and than loses that power only to never get it back.

Legion went god mode with the artifact, you now lost that additional power, and it ain't coming back until we get better and stronger all around.

You're ignoring 100 levels prior to artifacts.

100 levels of imbalanced scaling.

And your analogy is bad. You're grasping for straws on nothing here. I love BFA, as I've played it on beta a lot and found what I enjoy. I'm not a hater on this game or changes but the issue is the scaling is way off and that is unacceptable.

It needs to be addressed.
07/19/2018 05:21 AMPosted by Orda
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You've completely missed the point so I'll spell it out for you. I don't know how drunk you are right now; so I'll keep this simple.

- It's not about max level characters, because if new players want to play, it's going to drive them off with how 8.0 has turned out.
- It's a painful struggle to level now.
- Even with full heirlooms.
- Nobody cares if you feel stronger because you know where you can shove that confirmation bias. The fact is people are doing less damage across the board on nearly all forms of content (I'll also just add that it's also about survivability, not just raw DPS, we've been shafted in both regards).

EDIT: This dolt actually used Dragonball to reference the current situation. I now regret even trying to reason here.

And again, in case your drunk, I have in no way experienced levelling in the old content, go make a new patch to talk about that. I made this patch to talk about CURRENT content.

And yes, I used Dragonball, it was the first thing about power that came to mind.

Would it be better if I told you to remove the new fancy turbo from your car and try to do the same races? Or take out a stick or RAM from your PC and try to run the same programs? It's all the same, you lost a chunk of power that is not yet coming back.
[quote]<span class="truncated">...</span>

And again, in case your drunk, I have in no way experienced levelling in the old content, go make a new patch to talk about that. I made this patch to talk about CURRENT content.

And yes, I used Dragonball, it was the first thing about power that came to mind.

Would it be better if I told you to remove the new fancy turbo from your car and try to do the same races? Or take out a stick or RAM from your PC and try to run the same programs? It's all the same, you lost a chunk of power that is not yet coming back.

You realize for the first 100 levels YOU DO NOT HAVE ARTIFACTS, right?

Nobody cares (not literally nobody) that artifacts are gone. They care that everyone has been baseline neutered.
Wait, wait, wait, Are you guys saying the patch killed leveling...…….ok
I haven't had a chance yet to get on my level 64 priest and check out leveling yet but I think cause I am just leveling I will be fine and they might fix the problem with the ilevels and stats or what ever it is LOL. I am looking forward to a challenge in the game on the lore, leveling and just having fun :)
07/19/2018 05:06 AMPosted by Akaraven
Imagine no stat squish, imagine an ~960 iLVL, now imagine removing 20% of your power overnight, how in current content would that make you feel?

Nah, I would still take less damage as a tank than most currently take. Is not just the artifact, is also class changes some specs do a lot less dps compare to others and tanks are getting hit a lot harder because they lost a lot of their mitigation in their abilities.