LOVING RET PVP

Paladin
loving pvp with ret paladin atm way better then the Crap fest we had in legion
I LOVE being able to have Eye for a eye and jv <3 and the change to avenging wraith feels nice too with crit chance
What do you think of Hammer of Wrath? Is it good?
07/18/2018 07:07 PMPosted by Josephnuma
I LOVE being able to have Eye for a eye and jv <3 and the change to avenging wraith feels nice too with crit chance

I fall over in 2 seconds... I have no idea what game you are playing. O_O
07/18/2018 08:36 PMPosted by Kasavan

Well then you're probably being focus fired by lots of people. Ret Survival has gone up since Legion.

You're clearly not playing the class right if thats whats happening, I bet you were 1 of those guys that heavily relied on auto bubble werent u.
I am loving it now too.
It took a bit to get used to the GCD changes and the slower gameplay, but I am getting used to it and doing really well.
I feel super slow in combat but I hit really hard when I do catch up with the target and between ES, HoW, Judgement and BoJ, I have enough ranged abilities to keep me busy while chasing.

HoW is so much fun to have back despite it not feeling like a super hard hitting ability, still fun to be able to snag KBs with it.
i like the survivability increase, still really simple though
07/18/2018 10:08 PMPosted by Toushin

You're clearly not playing the class right if thats whats happening, I bet you were 1 of those guys that heavily relied on auto bubble werent u.

I didn't play this char basically at all except for holy in pvp, so no. What am I doing wrong? I honestly want feedback because idk wtf I am doing.
Thank you Blizz, need to adjust my rotation a bit (not a big deal on my end) but I'm loving the spec right now even if our mobility has changed. Future wise can Ret get Seraphim as a talent again been missing it since WOD.
07/19/2018 05:54 AMPosted by Kasavan
07/18/2018 10:08 PMPosted by Toushin

I didn't play this char basically at all except for holy in pvp, so no. What am I doing wrong? I honestly want feedback because idk wtf I am doing.

Feel free to message me in game and I can give you some tips. I am having a blast. Ret is a beast.
I ran a few games last night and melted faces. The only time I died was when I was alone and had 5 guys pounding on me.

I'm running Word of Glory, Execution Sentence, Wake of Ashes, Hammer of Wrath, Unbreakable Spirit, and Inquisition (with Divine Purpose ring). I get Inq and ES rolling, pop wings and the guy melts no matter who he is. It's a little slower ramp up but WoA helps.

And I LOOOOOVE having my Hammer of GG back. Starting to steal a few killing blows back from warriors and locks now XD.

I'm also running Reckoning as a PvP talent. I'm not sure I like it...seems like a 1 minute CD is too long to be of use. I do like the 12 seconds of wings though.

Word of Glory is a really nice heal and you get 2 charges per minute. I tried Selfless Healer and that's a good option too. I really can't decide which is better, both have their pros and cons.

My only real problem is running out of keybinds.
You probably like ret right now because it does a lot of damage. Facing random people in bg and skirmish. Wait till bfa when tuning is done and fight against competent people in rated arena or rbgs. You won't say the same. Legion prepatch rets were gods with eye for an eye hitting for 15% of people health each tick and bombing ourself with holy wrath and both of them were nerfed to the ground.

We will still have the same exact movement issue in pvp with any snare. We will be even more bad against dh because it is getting a purge to steal all our good stuff. On top of that all bloodelf gets a purge aswell. Rip bop and freedom
On the upside I'm a BE so I won't have to worry about other BEs in random BGs or world PvP :D

But I will be using it to great effect against my mirror classes......and I agree yes it is complete BS. Give me back my silence please, it was ok for 11 years but now all of a sudden it's OP. Baloney.

I feel like a cloth wearer standing in the middle of the pack that gets eaten in 2 seconds without an after thought. Shield does not absorb for that much and has a long cool down. Also any blood elf, esp melee, (LOOKING AT YOU BLOOD ELF WARRIORS) or DH is now able to purge our BoP.

Although flash of light provides a good amount of healing, I feel ret survivability has definitely gotten nerfed to the point where we only get a 8 second bubble and after that we are dead. Selfless healer is a magical buff so anyone with class knowledge that is able to constantly purge will just purge this off and wait to interrupt when you are forced to cast a heal, making your heals effectively useless.

Every other melee class is has more mobility, even dks. The only thing going for a paladin is a freedom and divine steed away but all it takes is a simple racial purge on freedom and reapply the slow and they are still able stay on you, not to mention the 100 other gap closers available.

All in all, my experiences so far have been pretty bad this pre-patch.
07/19/2018 09:48 AMPosted by Richoshist
I'm also running Reckoning as a PvP talent. I'm not sure I like it...seems like a 1 minute CD is too long to be of use. I do like the 12 seconds of wings though.

It's not 12 seconds anymore. Now it gives 6 seconds of wings :C
07/19/2018 11:46 AMPosted by Tyrennius
07/19/2018 09:48 AMPosted by Richoshist

It's not 12 seconds anymore. Now it gives 6 seconds of wings :C

12 sec is crusade, it has always been 6sec wings
07/19/2018 11:23 AMPosted by Saltyhotdog

I feel like a cloth wearer standing in the middle of the pack that gets eaten in 2 seconds without an after thought. Shield does not absorb for that much and has a long cool down. Also any blood elf, esp melee, (LOOKING AT YOU BLOOD ELF WARRIORS) or DH is now able to purge our BoP.

Although flash of light provides a good amount of healing, I feel ret survivability has definitely gotten nerfed to the point where we only get a 8 second bubble and after that we are dead. Selfless healer is a magical buff so anyone with class knowledge that is able to constantly purge will just purge this off and wait to interrupt when you are forced to cast a heal, making your heals effectively useless.

Every other melee class is has more mobility, even dks. The only thing going for a paladin is a freedom and divine steed away but all it takes is a simple racial purge on freedom and reapply the slow and they are still able stay on you, not to mention the 100 other gap closers available.

Cant just stand there in a pack
07/19/2018 12:32 PMPosted by Ranit
07/19/2018 11:23 AMPosted by Saltyhotdog

Cant just stand there in a pack

Very insightful, I will look into that.
You guys need a serious nerf, just ridiculous what I've seen Ret Pallies do in bg's.

Everything is really wonky right now with the stat squish / modifiers, at the very minimum they need to tone you guys down a bit. Every bg it never fails... a Ret Pally or two at the top of the charts both in terms of damage and kills. Anyone that has played random bg's since pre-patch hit knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Rogues also need a nerf, smart / opportunistic rogues are stacking mastery on their toons and 1-shotting people with their toolkit. Patch 8.0 is a huge mess, some of these classes are just outta control in random bgs, they are wrecking people hard.