Why Shouldn't Tanks be Allowed in Arena

Arenas
07/07/2018 02:32 PMPosted by Efx
How has Abom not been in here yet to throw in his two cents about tanks being a support role and removing cc from dps classes and giving them to tanks?

he's polymorphed atm because he doesn't know how to spell reflect
How has Abom not been in here yet to throw in his two cents about tanks being a support role and removing cc from dps classes and giving them to tanks?

Hes 5 hours into a riveting deep dampening match
If they took the same damage as an affliction lock or shadow priest I’d have no problems with tanks in PvP.
07/07/2018 05:22 PMPosted by Tecnine

Hes 5 hours into a riveting deep dampening match

hes in GD typing an essay about putting a CD on poly
Honestly tho there are better, more firm points on why tanks *SHOULD* have a role in arena than there are of having tanks removed from arena. they should function differently yeah but still
Ya tell the guys who will take up ten r1 spots on Alliance to stop queuing for twelve hours a day and people would probably complain about them less.
07/06/2018 09:16 PMPosted by Boffin
I really enjoy prot and look forward to taking it into PvP in BFA. But I have been seeing people talk about the need for Tank specs to be removed from PvP content.

Im just curious what this communities feel on the situation is. Thank you in advance ^_^

Well you know how I feel as I comment on the warrior forums on Prot :) Don't worry about the view of the minority on the Arena forums. People want to play Tanks in PvP and want them to be a huge part of making WoW a viable Esport some day.

Prot is the real warrior spec. Prot is the original PvPer fighting on the front lines fighting The Good Fight.

07/07/2018 02:36 AMPosted by Reimmi
because tanks by design aren't kill targets
if they fixed it so tanks are just dps with slightly higher bulk or utility i doubt there'd be much complaining

Tanks role in PvP = Damage Support and Control

So yes you are right most Tanks need Damage buffs and more control. Prot does have enough control in BFA just got to bring up the other Tanks damage and control :)

Busy all day yesterday working :) Also busy playing my Main game in the little free time I have right now while waiting for BFA.

So yes you are right most Tanks need Damage buffs and more control. Prot does have enough control in BFA just got to bring up the other Tanks damage and control :)

If they died as fast as any other DPS I don't think anyone would care.

The problem is----they don't. People play tank specs and PVP simply to be obnoxious and run around with a "I'm immortal i can kill you but you cant kill me" type of attitude.

The reason you don't see everyone doing it is no one wants to play till deep dampening and its a repulsive playstyle in general.

There might be a few "amazing" tanks who do PVP but I see most of them as players who just wanna capitalize on poor balance and run around whacking on people and doing things without any fear of poor positoning or being outplayed.
Short answer is in games where tanks actually work, there isn't anything remotely like WoW's level of healing. In MOBAs like LoL where tanks seemed to fit well, you didn't have teams jumping on top of each other for 6-10 minutes of one continuous fight without someone dying because healing was literally that strong.

Tanks in arena are either almost never played when they're undertuned or end up being way too strong and winning in an absurdly forgiving way. No one likes teams that feel like they can guarantee a win, even if they have very little skill, just by playing an extremely easy and extremely effective defensive gameplan.
07/07/2018 12:48 AMPosted by Ruthlessmage
ok I've faced a few tanks comps on my main..never lost to one..lmfao..they aren't gods bro..they can be beaten..just gotta GIT GUD

It's not about them being gods, it's about them being obnoxious, sort of like your posts

Naturally his hard head missed the part where they need to be kill targets.

Kids, don't be an abomb.

Ridiculous.

Why a tank should be controlling?
I have no problem with a tank forming a support role. The problem is the tanks are too tanky. There should never be a person in a 3v3 game you look at and go "Yeah, that guy isnt going to die." and being forced to pick the least !@#$ty of two alternatives, which will usually also be very annoying targets to hit. You dont want to hit the prot warrior. You dont want to hit the mistweaver because he can just run forever, and frankly has an ability that punishes you for trying to hit him, and then a warrior where if youre in his face trying to kill him, you lose because he just numerically poops on you.
Typical, a guy asks a genuine question and he got piled on for no reason.
07/08/2018 02:40 PMPosted by Failedwizard

i mean the reactions alone give the guy a pretty damn solid answer

with how people reacted at the very thought of a tank in pvp, it's clear the community thinks tanks are terrible for PVP
07/08/2018 02:51 PMPosted by Felryn
07/08/2018 02:40 PMPosted by Failedwizard

i mean the reactions alone give the guy a pretty damn solid answer

with how people reacted at the very thought of a tank in pvp, it's clear the community thinks tanks are terrible for PVP

there's also ways to fix tanks if blizzard had half a mind
the easiest is just tuning them to be as squishy as DPS with similar damage
people hate tanks because they promote dampening zzzz gameplay
Tanks are meant to mitigate damage. When tanks become popular in the meta, the meta shifts and becomes slower for the most part. When people are playing compositions that play for longer games and play defensively rather than aggressively, it's no fun for anyone. Nobody wants to sit in a 10 minute queue to queue into a game that lasts 15 minutes so that you can lose 15 points to people that beat barely beat you, because of the comp they're playing.
07/08/2018 02:32 PMPosted by Steelgear

Ridiculous.

That is their role. Most of the CC should be shifted from Dps to the Tanks and some has with AoE stun nerfs.

The Tanks should be peeling and setting up kills with the Dps. So all Tanks should be the control class they are meant to be with slows, roots and stuns.

At least Prot in BFA has shifted back into being a control class again. It's good to be a stun spec again instead of just Rogues for some reason filling that part. Just need to buff other tanks CC up.
07/08/2018 02:32 PMPosted by Steelgear
Ridiculous.

That is their role. Most of the CC should be shifted from Dps to the Tanks and some has with AoE stun nerfs.

Lol nope. There's no tank class in the history of rpg games that has cc to control adds/people.

Just your opinion, for sure. But it has nothing to do with classes role/fantasy.
07/08/2018 09:15 PMPosted by Steelgear
There's no tank class in the history of rpg games that has cc to control adds/people.

Ummmm what?! lol

You aren't going to like Prot returning to being a stun control class again in BFA then.

07/08/2018 09:15 PMPosted by Steelgear
Just your opinion, for sure. But it has nothing to do with classes role/fantasy.

Nope

Dps = Damage and Control Support
Tank = Control and Damage Support
Healing = Heals