Legendary Items in BfA Pre-Patch

General Discussion
1 2 3 14 Next
With the Battle for Azeroth pre-patch, you’ll notice that the vendor who sold tokens that granted a random Legion Legendary item will now allow you to purchase specific Legion Legendaries relevant to your specialization. These are sold for the same cost that the token was sold for previously.

Battle for Azeroth is just around the corner, so we wanted to take this opportunity to allow players who are trying to complete their Legendary collections a more straightforward way to do so, as well as give or new or returning players a way to pick up some strong items to prepare for leveling.

These items can be purchased from Arcanomancer Vridiel in Dalaran for 1000 Wakening Essence. To help with this, many sources of Artifact Power will now grant Wakening Essences instead. Enjoy!
Raise cap to 4 for we can have fun ;p
07/13/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Gaiasend
Raise cap to 4 for we can have fun ;p

Or just remove the cap for a few weeks and let everything go wild! :)
let us equip all the legendaries we have
When you say "many sources of Artifact Power will now grant Wakening Essences instead." How many Wakening Essences are we talking, and what sources?
Seems like a day late and a dollar short... would have been useful for Mage Tower... now kinda pointless.
This is happening so, so late. Legendary items would not have been one of the worse features of this expansion if you decided to do it much earlier.
oh man, I should of saved my WOKE'ning tokens > <

I kept buying them even after I had all of the legendaries, but I messed up because now I have a "create a random DK or MONK legendary" item for everything except my alt: Warrior

Shame on me right :D
Where will the vendor that sells Wakening Essences be located?
This would have been nice like a few weeks ago for Mage Tower challenges. Just saying.
07/13/2018 01:14 PMPosted by Ythisens
With the Battle for Azeroth pre-patch, you’ll notice that the vendor who sold tokens that granted a random Legion Legendary item will now allow you to purchase specific Legion Legendaries relevant to your specialization. These are sold for the same cost that the token was sold for previously.

Battle for Azeroth is just around the corner, so we wanted to take this opportunity to allow players who are trying to complete their Legendary collections a more straightforward way to do so, as well as give or new or returning players a way to pick up some strong items to prepare for leveling.

These items can be purchased from Arcanomancer Vridiel in Dalaran for 1000 Wakening Essence. To help with this, many sources of Artifact Power will now grant Wakening Essences instead. Enjoy!

If we already have all legendaries for our class will we be able to purchase tokens for other classes, or will the drop rate on the other sources be sufficient to help alts catch up?
07/13/2018 01:23 PMPosted by Exsania
When you say "many sources of Artifact Power will now grant Wakening Essences instead." How many Wakening Essences are we talking, and what sources?

It's probably going to be low, depending on the quantity of Artifact Power.
07/13/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Prosperó
This would have been nice like a few weeks ago for Mage Tower challenges. Just saying.

That would make it easy though.
Seems a little late for this but better late then never
I really wish this was available from the start of the expansion, Players love having choices over rng..... At least IMO...
Anyrate thanks for the choices

BTW can we please have leggos cap removed so we can some crazy fun? at least for couple weeks leading to BFA?
Why wasn't this done earlier?
07/13/2018 01:29 PMPosted by Moomage
07/13/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Prosperó

That would make it easy though.

But it already is easy.
Keep asking Ythisens why this wasn't implemented earlier, I'm sure he'll respond. LOL
This is so awesome Blizzard, thank you for doing this. Now if only you offered this service for all the mounts and battle pets that have disappeared from the face of Azeroth over the years, then life would be awesome.