Legendary Items in BfA Pre-Patch

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 14 Next
This is so great. Now I can get the boots and ring for my Warrior and use them whenever I do transmog runs!

EDIT: Ugh...just returned to the game a few days ago...Didn't know the effects would stop after level 115. Now I'm sad.
07/13/2018 01:52 PMPosted by Thrull
This is so great. Now I can get the boots and ring for my Warrior and use them whenever I do transmog runs!

I hope you don't plan on leveling past 115, then.
Is there a mechanism for getting rid of them in BfA? Last I checked, I couldn't sell them, couldn't destroy them and they don't go in void storage.
07/13/2018 01:14 PMPosted by Ythisens

These items can be purchased from Arcanomancer Vridiel in Dalaran for 1000 Wakening Essence. To help with this, many sources of Artifact Power will now grant Wakening Essences instead. Enjoy!

Wow.. that's not really a help seeing how high the cost is and that they will no longer be relative a month into BFA. Should be 200 essences each at this point.
APRIL FOO-wait. This is real?

Blizzard, you so crazy.
07/13/2018 01:53 PMPosted by Alayea

Wait, why?
07/13/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Thrull

Wait, why?

116+ legendary item effect is deactivated...

The effects still work I believe? The stats just won't be worthwhile to wear anymore.
07/13/2018 01:56 PMPosted by Ashlí
07/13/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Thrull

Wait, why?

116+ legendary item effect is deactivated...

Well there goes all of my excitement lol
Please don't remove the Purified Titan Essence from the vendor. Some of us are very close to getting all legendaries for all classes and if you remove the PTE it's going to seriously mess up those plans. I'm all for adding specific legendaries to the vendor, just don't take away the random option! 8 of my characters have all their class legendaries and this change means all their wakening essences will go to waste.

Please don't remove!!!
So they just give us something basically for the fun of it and everyone complains? I don't even...
07/13/2018 02:01 PMPosted by Tareir
So they just give us something basically for the fun of it and everyone complains? I don't even...

I think it's just more funny than anything. Players have been asking for more targeted options (anything over pure RNG) for 2 years and they give it to us less than a month before the next expansion.

They are almost trolling at this point and it kinda cracks me up.
07/13/2018 01:29 PMPosted by Immanis
07/13/2018 01:14 PMPosted by Ythisens
With the Battle for Azeroth pre-patch, you’ll notice that the vendor who sold tokens that granted a random Legion Legendary item will now allow you to purchase specific Legion Legendaries relevant to your specialization. These are sold for the same cost that the token was sold for previously.

Battle for Azeroth is just around the corner, so we wanted to take this opportunity to allow players who are trying to complete their Legendary collections a more straightforward way to do so, as well as give or new or returning players a way to pick up some strong items to prepare for leveling.

These items can be purchased from Arcanomancer Vridiel in Dalaran for 1000 Wakening Essence. To help with this, many sources of Artifact Power will now grant Wakening Essences instead. Enjoy!

If we already have all legendaries for our class will we be able to purchase tokens for other classes, or will the drop rate on the other sources be sufficient to help alts catch up?

Yeah I have all the legos, so hopefully there is something I can buy to get me other legos for my alts like it is now
This feature should have been this way back when the vendor was implemented.

That vendor gave me nothing beyond the top of the worse legendaries of all specs i tried. Seems like its programmed to give you the really bad leggos first and only when there's no other to drop then give you your BiS.

A completely useless feature for me and I believe for many more. And Im talking about this targeted buy and the vendor itself.
07/13/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Prosperó
This would have been nice like a few weeks ago for Mage Tower challenges. Just saying.

Mage Tower was already super easy it was designed for 900-910 ilvl and people where doing it at 870-900 when it came out.

No reason you can't do it with 950-970 ilvl and whatever junk legendaries you got along the way.

If your 920+ ilvl it's not the legendaries holding you back it's your skill level.
Should also let us vendor our legendaries for 1000 Wakening Essence so that we can open up some of our inventory slots. Or put them on the Heirloom GUI on a per-character basis. Or give us another Void Storage tab. Something.
Was on Beta and yea.... nothing for people who have all the legos.................
Oh THANK YOU Blizzard, I am so glad it only took 2 years and 3 raid tiers to make the legendary system less awful. Its awesome that you actually read players feedback and implement changes right on time.

Keep up the good work.
07/13/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Spoil
Oh THANK YOU Blizzard, I am so glad it only took 2 years and 3 raid tiers to make the legendary system less awful. Its awesome that you actually read players feedback and implement changes right on time.

Keep up the good work.

It was a bad system but it was clearly designed to squeeze more playtime out of people.
07/13/2018 01:31 PMPosted by Baibo

But it already is easy.
Some of the mage towers still require the "right" legendaries (Krull). This is a bit cruel to have come right after mage tower is disabled.

The Legion Legendary Lottery was by far my most hated part of this expansion.