Legendary Items in BfA Pre-Patch

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 14 Next
07/13/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Flayre
07/13/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Gaiasend
Raise cap to 4 for we can have fun ;p

Or just remove the cap for a few weeks and let everything go wild! :)

The problem is they would be pretty close to the best you can get except azurite gear up to about 116. They want to slow leveling down not speed it up.
Will this be true longer than the pre-patch? Like, can it be true forever?
I ask because I want the Shaman Legendary Akainu's Absolute Justice, but I don't have a shaman yet. I don't even want the effect, I just want that one legendary because of the name.
07/14/2018 04:18 AMPosted by Tinytom
I'm confused. This vendor has existed for months, and I'm not seeing where these "extra wakening essences" drop in place of AP. Can someone specify where this drops exactly?

On Beta (not PTR,) Legion World Quests that rewarded AP now reward WA (~7-25, seemed totally random as to the amount irregardless of "elite"/"blue" WQ) ...as do the AP order hall missions. Dropped AP items (like from Argus rares/treasures) were still just grey vendor trash items. Paragon Cache quests still gave a grey AP item as well, so no need to save those rep tokens until pre-patch.
07/13/2018 02:15 PMPosted by Rrezz
Mage Tower was already super easy it was designed for 900-910 ilvl and people where doing it at 870-900 when it came out.

No reason you can't do it with 950-970 ilvl and whatever junk legendaries you got along the way.

If your 920+ ilvl it's not the legendaries holding you back it's your skill level.
Which brings up a funny contradicting point.

If it is 'super easy' now when people are 'allowed' to overgear it - why even use 'challenge' as a reason when future expansion players are able to overgear it with their expansion gear?

Because overgearing it now with Antorus gear is legit, but coming back later with BfA gear and beyond is not?
I need this on my mage. Trying to do tower before expansion and can't jump over my head. Limited time left not much loot is dropping :(
07/13/2018 01:14 PMPosted by Ythisens
With the Battle for Azeroth pre-patch, you’ll notice that the vendor who sold tokens that granted a random Legion Legendary item will now allow you to purchase specific Legion Legendaries relevant to your specialization. These are sold for the same cost that the token was sold for previously.

Battle for Azeroth is just around the corner, so we wanted to take this opportunity to allow players who are trying to complete their Legendary collections a more straightforward way to do so, as well as give or new or returning players a way to pick up some strong items to prepare for leveling.

These items can be purchased from Arcanomancer Vridiel in Dalaran for 1000 Wakening Essence. To help with this, many sources of Artifact Power will now grant Wakening Essences instead. Enjoy!
I'm not sure if it's been asked yet, but will we be able to continue to farm these after BfA in the same manner in Legion content? Meaning Legion AP wq's will still award essences for those of us that "gotta collect them all"?
07/14/2018 12:37 AMPosted by Brightarrow
Because buying them from a vendor would be so legendary, right?
FWIW praying to RNGesus didn't feel "legendary" nor all the hoops you had to go through to max out BLP on a weekly basis. That alone burned me out more than once and is just bad game design imo.

E: As for the rest of your post. It would've been better if it had been quest related at the start so you could target for specific ones, something akin to the Mage Tower intro quests. Then have legendary items become vendor bought items after we killed Gul'dan or midway through the expansion.

And of course you're always going to have the "welfare dur hur" people, there were some doing that when essences were announced, but I guarantee they were enjoying that system on all their toons all willy nilly.

E2: Clarification.
Really? You guys were OK with us never having the Legos we needed for our spec to be competitive while Legion was relevant but OK to give them when the xpack is pointless...

I'm disappointed blizz, really disappointed

*sigh*
07/13/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Prosperó
This would have been nice like a few weeks ago for Mage Tower challenges. Just saying.

And more weeks to enjoy our empowered artifact. I feel like all the perks to enjoy were kind of rushed, especially as far as mage tower is concerned.
Thanks, this will be helpful for leveling to 116 and collecting.
I'm fine with this change. The Legendary items don't grey out until level 116. The Neck piece that gives shield and the burning wish trinkets scale great for leveling.
07/14/2018 10:00 AMPosted by Zarlbane
I'm fine with this change. The Legendary items don't grey out until level 116. The Neck piece that gives shield and the burning wish trinkets scale great for leveling.

You get the Heart of Azeroth in Bfa, you intending on just not using it and losing a bunch of azerite power ?
SMDH. Pathetic.
I don't get it to be honest. Why still require 1000 of WE? Even if you bump the drop rate there's less than a week for pre patch.

Make them purchasable with GOLD please.
07/14/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Amine
You get the Heart of Azeroth in Bfa, you intending on just not using it and losing a bunch of azerite power ?

During the first 5 character levels, you aren't going to be getting much (relatively) and the amount needed per azerite level increases fairly fast, so at some point in the near future, the amount of azerite it takes for a single azerite level will be more than those few azerite levels combined. Given that and the general weakness of the early azerite traits, it shouldn't be a huge detriment if any at all.

That said, my OCD won't allow me not to collect the azerite, so I will be wearing the necklace.
Couple of alts will be on the happy side of this for starting BFA with legendary's that help them at least until level 116 is hit.

Pretty much I will see no benefit on my main or 2nd main.
07/13/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Flayre
07/13/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Gaiasend
Raise cap to 4 for we can have fun ;p

Or just remove the cap for a few weeks and let everything go wild! :)

yepster!! You got my vote,all slots legges what a banging end.
Bad azz for two weeks.also let us have at it HORDE!
is it still possible to get the random class tokens on your characters that already have all the legendaries for their own specs?
Gee. That would of been real helpful during, I don't know, a certain mage tower?
excited about this! I'd be more excited though if this had happened sooner, or if the legendaries worked in bfa. my warlock never got the damned sindorei spite or magistrike restraints to drop so I'll save up for Tuesday!