My poor Karkin Crab :(

Hunter
It went from a very unique red, black and white graphic to pale blue. I knew it was coming, but I am sad. At least I got to use him for the last few months before he got altered. I used to get a lot of compliments on him because he was so different looking. He opens and closes his mouth a lot now. It's odd.

From http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=crabskindarkdiamond

To http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=crab2_diamond
Ugh, I totally thought it was just a placeholder while they updated his current model to the high-res version. Yet another pet "updated" to look like a completely different animal.

The diamond skin isn't bad, but it's not Karkin.
Maybe it's an error and he's meant to go to this http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=crab2_darkdiamond_default eventually?
07/17/2018 07:56 PMPosted by Farondur
Maybe it's an error and he's meant to go to this http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=crab2_darkdiamond_default eventually?

Yes the blue skin is a bug and should be reported so it can be fixed. I'm sure no one spent time camping this rare black and red crab only to have it turn into a high rez blue one.
That new onyx and red crab barely looks like Karkin either.
Karkin was very shiny and unique. That just looks like a black crab with a sunburn.

My pretty white wind serpent has also turned... brown?
I need to check for any old model whites to re-tame

The only nice thing I can say about this pre patch is 10 more stable slots woo
The challenge tames back then on a PVP server was a nightmare, but I ended up getting Karkin. I've seen there IS a new model for Karkin, but mine was changed to the bluish-white color as well. Would like to know when we're getting our old crab back as I'd like to not go out and hunt him again.
Came here to comment about this...I was totally expecting what Farondur said to be the case for Karkin but seeing him shiny and blue leads me to believe there was a mixup here.

If it's still a skin unique to him then I guess it's fine but.....I'm a bit worried here
07/17/2018 09:13 PMPosted by Nallaa
That new onyx and red crab barely looks like Karkin either.
Karkin was very shiny and unique. That just looks like a black crab with a sunburn.

My pretty white wind serpent has also turned... brown?
I need to check for any old model whites to re-tame

The only nice thing I can say about this pre patch is 10 more stable slots woo

If you want to see model updates, a handy site to go to is Petopia. One that makes me especially mad is the update to Zaricotl (white vulture)
I'm a little cheesed over the hyenas. They went from looking mangy and tough to bright colored with big feet and big ears. They look effing cute now... wtf
He is that color on the Beta as well. It has been mentioned on the forums up there, and many people have said they bug reported it on the beta too. I know I did, and on live now as well.

I tamed him back in Cata because he was in the way of catching his spawn point partner, Skarr. I kept him because he looked cool. Now he looks boring.
thinking it was just a patch error that swaped out my crab, i went to molten front to see if his original skin was there.

i was greatly disappointed..

https://i.imgur.com/clhfFLi.jpg

Please fix this blizz
If Karkin IS white now and they're not going to fix this, where IS the black crab with red gem model we're seeing on petopia?
Ya i was so mad when i saw it changed to some plain ugly blue one :( wish blizz would leave things alone, esp if it aint broke

Everyone who has one should report it and create a feedback, maybe they will do something...or maybe they wont, but doesnt hurt to try
07/18/2018 12:45 AMPosted by Lokomachine
Came here to comment about this...I was totally expecting what Farondur said to be the case for Karkin but seeing him shiny and blue leads me to believe there was a mixup here.

If it's still a skin unique to him then I guess it's fine but.....I'm a bit worried here

It is unique actually. The new updated Karkin is using the diamond skin that petopia says isn't being used by anything else. You can tell because the standard blue crabs are solid blue everywhere. This new Karkin while having the same blue coloring has a rocky texture and also has orange eyes to tell him apart from the others.
Yeah i was not happy about this. pets we already had should stay the same,i will be abandoning a lot, because of changes to their unique look :(
07/20/2018 03:12 PMPosted by Mergo
07/18/2018 12:45 AMPosted by Lokomachine

It is unique actually. The new updated Karkin is using the diamond skin that petopia says isn't being used by anything else. You can tell because the standard blue crabs are solid blue everywhere. This new Karkin while having the same blue coloring has a rocky texture and also has orange eyes to tell him apart from the others.

Don't care for the new "diamond skin". What made Karkin, Karkin, was his black/red/silver color.
07/20/2018 08:27 PMPosted by Lårs
07/20/2018 03:12 PMPosted by Mergo

Don't care for the new "diamond skin". What made Karkin, Karkin, was his black/red/silver color.

That's fine. Just pointing out they didn't slap a standard skin on him to make the long hours spent camping him mean nothing. He is still unique, just in a different way.
07/21/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Mergo
07/20/2018 08:27 PMPosted by Lårs

That's fine. Just pointing out they didn't slap a standard skin on him to make the long hours spent camping him mean nothing. He is still unique, just in a different way.

Same blue color, toss in some texture & different colored eyes to make someone LOOK HARD at it isn't the same as being able to spot that formerly bad-mamma-jamma from a distance. I'll give you the texture & red eyes, but even you said it yourself: "This new Karkin while having the same blue coloring. . .". Blizz might as well as given the standard skin.
Was extremely disappointed to see the new model when I logged in. It might be a unique skin, but it's pretty lame. Really hope this gets fixed, but I'm not holding my breath.
I spend many hours camping, dieing, researching, during Cata. to tame Karkin but now we can't have it! What have you done Blizz? Allow us to keep the pet as it was before. In the past you allowed unique skins to remain with the Hunter who taming it....like: Gorishi Grub, The Lone Hunter, Grimtotem Spirit Guide, Spirit of Koosue, Gardwal, and The Exploded Raptor to name a few.