Live Developer Q&A Thursday 7/19 – Submit Your Questions

General Discussion
Prev 1 36 37 38 52 Next
Why do you hate Arcane Mages?
What happened to Hati did he return to thorim or did he die along with Titan Strike?
Any fix for transmogging shields/off-hand artifact appearances when we start getting normal weapons again? It feels really bad to HAVE to use (i.e. for warrior) the flail AND shield, instead of one or the other.
Are there any plans to give the hunter pet stable a rework? Perhaps something similar to the mount and battle pets or maybe something similar to the appearances tab?
Why was Legacy Loot Mode set to an 11 level gap, rather than the 10 levels as originally stated by the patch notes? It would make more sense to kick in when the content was one expansion old, rather than waiting for two.
Lets hear you explain why you a Dev who is paid by Subscribers to provide a product that works for said subscribers, choose to ignore the wants and suggestions provided by us. Instead you choose to sit up there in your pedestal of grandeur choosing what WE like, want and don't. Where are the old creative minds that made this game great rather than the ones who are subdued to Yes'sir mentality ruining lore, storylines etc all b'cus you deem it so? I'm calling you out to explain yourself without deflecting the question/s to other topics that don't apply.
Is there any chance that some spells on the GCD can be reviewed. I noticed on my mage (arcane spec) that certain spells don't flow well. For example casting Rune of Power and then trying to immediately cast Arcane Power, it feels like I'm losing some output time.

Also since we mages got our Arcane Intellect back can I get my Dalaran Brilliance back? If I remember, I payed good gold for it.
07/18/2018 08:52 PMPosted by Howelling
Lets hear you explain why you a Dev who is paid by Subscribers to provide a product that works for said subscribers, choose to ignore the wants and suggestions provided by us. Instead you choose to sit up there in your pedestal of grandeur choosing what WE like, want and don't. Where are the old creative minds that made this game great rather than the ones who are subdued to Yes'sir mentality ruining lore, storylines etc all b'cus you deem it so? I'm calling you out to explain yourself without deflecting the question/s to other topics that don't apply.

If you think they're gonna read this wall of text on Live Q&A let alone in forums... lel
Any word on Zandalari Paladins? :D

Remember that one time you designed a game? But you didnt really design it because you let random people who think they speak for the community design it for you?

Blizzard is like our parents and were the teenagers. We think we know whats best, and we will talk back to them. They will listen, but most the time they will do what they know is best for the game. Just because you dont agree with their decisions, does not mean they are ignoring you or dont care about you.
07/18/2018 08:57 PMPosted by Travesura

If you think they're gonna read this wall of text on Live Q&A let alone in forums... lel

It's the only place I can think of that there's a sliver of a chance they will read it, anywhere else will be completely ignored.
Why do you guys keep shooting yourselves in the foot when you talk about Horde and Alliance? The Horde will be waiting for you... the new Alliance battlecry is "Have Mercy"?

Blizzardcon isn't even fun as a member of the Alliance because of the taunts and I don't even have to mention Corpsegrinder, who, you apologized for homophobic stuff, but managed to actually wiggle out of apologizing to half the people who pay you every month by having someone YOU paid for tell them to literally die.

Must be lonely working at Blizzard and supporting the Alliance. A few years ago, a guy who worked at headquarters said that while you joke around about the Alliance being the garbage faction, that you're really not joking. And who was the corporate guy who went so far as to put an Alliance logo on his trash can?
Any chance for some spec fantasy cosmetic stuff? Example DH using wings to fly, Druids choosing their travel form appearance, Frost DK 2H Glyph.
Will the allied races, specifically the Nightborne and Light Forged Draenei, ever receive more character creation options?
07/18/2018 09:03 PMPosted by Esuna

Remember that one time you designed a game? But you didnt really design it because you let random people who think they speak for the community design it for you?

Blizzard is like our parents and were the teenagers. We think we know whats best, and we will talk back to them. They will listen, but most the time they will do what they know is best for the game. Just because you dont agree with their decisions, does not mean they are ignoring you or dont care about you.
Lets be real about 1 thing...Blizzard only cares about 1 thing and 1 thing only. That isn't the subscribers feelings but simply the all mighty Dollar and what makes it for them.
When joining groups, why does it allow warmode players and non-warmode players to join the same group if it won't let them be in the same phase?
07/18/2018 09:08 PMPosted by Howelling
07/18/2018 09:03 PMPosted by Esuna

Lets be real about 1 thing...Blizzard only cares about 1 thing and 1 thing only. That isn't the subscribers feelings but simply the all mighty Dollar and what makes it for them.

If blizz only cared about money WoW would be a drastically different game. Its been at $14.99 a month for 13 years. Hasnt gone up, doesnt have micro-transactions (Mount/pet shop with its very few items does not count). If Blizz just cared about money the payment system would be more like Fortnite. Free game, no monthly fee, nickle and dime you for everything. BTW Fortnite has made over $1 billion in microtransactions so far. (which in my opinion is ridiculous)
Will we see Jaina and Sylvanas throw down???
Why not make it so that PvP gear has either resilience, PvP power, or increased item level in PvP combat again? All three of these were perfect solutions to make it so that PvE gear wasn't better than PvP gear for PvP. Also giving us some kind of damage reduction bonus for having two PvP trinkets equipped should definitely make a return.