XRP: Beta/PTR testing

Wyrmrest Accord
There's been a lot going on behind-the-scenes with RP addons for BfA, and it needs testing. I'd appreciate anyone who's up for it (especially if you can test with friends) testing an alpha build of XRP on PTR or beta (only PTR or beta -- it will not work on 7.3, only 8.0).

The build can be found here:https://github.com/Itarater/XRP/releases/download/v1.8.0-rc1/XRP-1.8.0-rc1.zip
What particularly needs testing is profile sending and receiving in various circumstances:
  • Sending and receiving profiles (in general).
  • Sending and receiving profiles across two different factions (via BattleTag -- you'll have to add anyone you're testing with in the beta/PTR client, as friends lists do not copy from live).
  • Sending and receiving profiles across CRZ realms in a group (PTR only -- some PTR realms count as having CRZ enabled, but no beta realms do).

If you're wanting to test that last one, the best way to do so would be to find your friend out in the world, verify that you cannot see their profile loading (to confirm that the PTR realms you're each on is CRZ), join a group, and reload both your UIs (the reload skips a waiting period that would normally happen before trying to load profiles again).

In general, everything else just needs to confirm that it's not horribly broken, and I've already done most of that work myself. Sending/receiving is the only thing that was redone to such an extent that I'd like to see a lot more testing on it.

And for those wondering, yes the plan is that everyone using an RP addon will need to update to the latest release when the 8.0 prepatch goes live. With the changes needed for logged messages, and some other changes that the TRP3 devs and I have done with the opportunity, backwards compatibility with older addons will be broken, because it had to be broken.

I'll probably make a bigger post about this closer to 8.0 launch, once addons are starting to put out 8.0-ready stable releases.
\o/
bring back ur dorf
07/11/2018 07:34 PMPosted by Serph
bring back ur dorf

He still exists. In my bank guild because I haven't had the opportunity to reorganize my characters, but still.
You're a champion, man, it's good to have you back.

I hope everything is going alright for you in life.
If you do any testing, I'd appreciate feedback even if it's just "It seems to work fine.".
Another new test release up. Per usual, beta/PTR only.https://github.com/Itarater/XRP/releases/download/v1.8.0-rc1/XRP-1.8.0-rc1.zip
This one breaks compatibility with past test releases, unfortunately, because I was concerned about Blizzard breaking some assumptions I'd made when working on the MSP protocol overhaul for 8.0.

Thankfully, they mainly involve some minor protocol structure changes, and not changes to the bulk of the protocol logic, so all of the testing done with earlier versions still was very valuable.