so they got rid of magetower...

Druid
But you can finally get legendries of your choice from vendor now. LOL

I had Kruul down to 45k hp, w/ luffas it would of been GG.

Hmmm this game is making me lose interest and bfa is just starting sadly...
You've only had how many months to get it? I did it without luffa as well as lots of people I know.
Kor'vas would have killed Kruul at 45k. Stop with the BS.
I bet Kruul on my war last weekend at ilvl 926 with no legendaries, took 18 tries. It wasn't "hard" there was just a lot going on and a lot to pay attention to.

Also yeah Kor'vas definately would have killed him at 45k. It's one thing to just QQ that it's hard, but to just make thing up...yeah...
I'm sorry, but I can't feel any sympathy when you had since nighthold (over a year ago if I am remembering correctly) to accomplish this. They even warned you about this over a month ago, that you were running out of time to do this. If you were not chain running M15s to get 940+ item level (which makes the fight trivially easy, it was released when mythic raid gear was ~900 item level) then you have only yourself to blame if you didn't have the item level to just trivialize the encounter.

Luffa's isn't even necessary, it makes phase 1 a lot easier, but with high item level, you can just as easily moonfire spam the guy to death.
I think people are missing the point here. Legendaries totally imbalanced the Mage Tower allowing specs to essentially cheese entire mechanics with the right legendaries. There's no way that Blizz didn't know about it since stuff like Luffas has been well documented for a while now.

But instead of releasing this Legendary catch-up mechanic when they made Mage Tower permanent, they're releasing it after Mage Tower is gone when legendaries are essentially useless.

I think people who missed out yet might have succeeded with a specific legendary have every right to be upset, it's totally nonsensical. There's no reason for it, they either should have released the feature earlier when it would have been relevant or not at all.

I'd also like to note that I got the Guardian challenge appearance without Luffas or Ekko so I definitely know that it's possible without them, but legendaries like that make the encounter easier, there's no real debate there. I also don't think the timeframe discredits people's discontent at what is a plain dumb action on Blizz' part.
45k after npc tried to save it, so yes died in the green before npc could finish it for me. Multiple YouTube videos show guardian druids wiping and npc finishing... Range is skill right?

This isn’t my main and I wasn’t interested in Druid until late May. I did not know that it was going away before the launch of new expansion... It shouldn’t be taken away yet. These changes should of been implemented a long time ago honestly. Thanks to the poster above^
07/18/2018 07:36 PMPosted by Radaghast
I think people are missing the point here. Legendaries totally imbalanced the Mage Tower allowing specs to essentially cheese entire mechanics with the right legendaries. There's no way that Blizz didn't know about it since stuff like Luffas has been well documented for a while now.

But instead of releasing this Legendary catch-up mechanic when they made Mage Tower permanent, they're releasing it after Mage Tower is gone when legendaries are essentially useless.

I think people who missed out yet might have succeeded with a specific legendary have every right to be upset, it's totally nonsensical. There's no reason for it, they either should have released the feature earlier when it would have been relevant or not at all.

I'd also like to note that I got the Guardian challenge appearance without Luffas or Ekko so I definitely know that it's possible without them, but legendaries like that make the encounter easier, there's no real debate there. I also don't think the timeframe discredits people's discontent at what is a plain dumb action on Blizz' part.

The only time where having <legendary> was 'unbalancing' people's experience in the mage tower was early on, when it had JUST been released. The item level creep was so severe at the end that aside from getting knocked off the edge (which is strictly the player's issue), that you really really didn't need Luffa.

As an aside, I think they did a poor job designing the tank encounter in it's entirety. It wasn't even a tank check, but a dps check. Throw in ever creeping item levels, and what had felt like an accomplishment became significantly less when people who just waited two tiers of content went and face rolled it.
Luffas help with kiting kruul and being able to thrash, plus pulling adds to you off Velen. I lost a lot because Velen range lol and his orbs...

My point is what is the logic behind gating the range drops. Why not add the vendor? I enjoy playing my alts and would rather not run mythic over and over for range lootz. I use to enjoy pvping but again no vendor for gear I want to earn / NEED makes this game seem like a giant time sink based of gambling manipulation tactics in the gameplay.
Crying is free.
07/18/2018 07:45 PMPosted by Mikoshi

The only time where having <legendary> was 'unbalancing' people's experience in the mage tower was early on, when it had JUST been released. The item level creep was so severe at the end that aside from getting knocked off the edge (which is strictly the player's issue), that you really really didn't need Luffa.

As an aside, I think they did a poor job designing the tank encounter in it's entirety. It wasn't even a tank check, but a dps check. Throw in ever creeping item levels, and what had felt like an accomplishment became significantly less when people who just waited two tiers of content went and face rolled it.

That just isn't true. I appreciate that you felt that way, but be careful not to superimpose your own experiences onto others.

Legendaries like Luffas literally allow you to bypass entire mechanics, this is a pretty big advantage no matter what ilvl you are. Does ilvl help? Of course, but to imply that legendaries became a non-factor is a little excessive (except perhaps if we're talking really high ilvls which not everybody has the capacity to reach due to the nature of the content it drops from).

You still seem to be missing the point though. Why release the change now and not earlier? What possible justification or reasoning do they have for that? At a bare minimum releasing it when Mage Tower was made permanent would have helped those who maybe couldn't play the entire time for personal reasons or had appearances that they wanted on alts that were behind the curve etc. to get said appearances. It would have served a purpose. Releasing it now literally serves no purpose other than to aggravate those who weren't lucky enough to get a legendary drop that would have helped them ('them' being the key term here, it doesn't really matter if 'you' needed that help or not) to get an appearance that they wanted which is now gone for good.

Like I said, it's not something that really impacted me personally but I think people have every right to be upset and I think Blizz should cop flak for what was objectively a terrible decision.

I will agree that the tank tower challenge was horribly designed. The healer tower actually had you healing a group, why the tanking tower didn't have you tanking for a group as well is beyond me. Instead we got what was essentially a DPS check with intermittent mitigation checks during phase 2 (in the form of Annihilation). Felt really bad as a tank challenge for sure.
I'm also one that missed out on doing the Mage tower - Guardian, The Highlord's Return. I'm only a part time player these days and have really only had the last few weeks playing Legion due to work commitments. So here I was thinking that I had till 13th August to go for the "Might of the Grizzlemaw" and so I started playing Guardian because I was out of touch with it's game play and gear then BANG yesterday I logged on to see it's gone.
Yes Yes i knew it was going to finish soon but wasn't sure on the date, I had just done the Feral one the other day and was totally looking forward in getting the Grizzlemaw skin. Giving Druids a sweet new look was cool after so many years looking the same.
Now i'm just totally bummed, I think they should make something else so you can go for that skin as I said I was looking forward to it and playing Guardian like that.
Back to just playing Feral now I guess, bloody sad that!!!!!!
Kruul will forever haunt me, I enjoyed it. Enough that I wanted to do it on an alt! Since my friends are going alliance, I was hoping to try guardian!

Crying isn’t free, game cost money and I would think I should be able to call out the developers on this.
Idk I got it on this druid who had 924 ilvl and only ekowraith and the antorus quest legendary ring. About 10 or so attempts. To be fair the last two attempts I had maxed artifact power from the silithus quest.
07/18/2018 08:39 PMPosted by Radaghast

Legendaries like Luffas literally allow you to bypass entire mechanics, this is a pretty big advantage no matter what ilvl you are. Does ilvl help? Of course, but to imply that legendaries became a non-factor is a little excessive (except perhaps if we're talking really high ilvls which not everybody has the capacity to reach due to the nature of the content it drops from).

[/quote]

Machine gun Moonfire does enough damage to bypass the mechanics as well...
I did it with BoE legendary only. It was doable.
07/18/2018 07:36 PMPosted by Radaghast
That's the entire reason they released it now. So that legendaries are freebies to only be used for leveling purposes going forward (unless you stay underleveled).

The mage towers were faceroll towards the end. You could have a fresh 110 and after about 2 weeks of very casual play, you would overgear it. There didn't need to be anymore hand holding, the superpowered Artifact was already insanely OP for it.

I won't deny that certain Legendaries let you cheese the mechanics, but the reality is that they weren't needed after ToS released.

If someone didn't get the skin at this point, it's because they either weren't playing or they were being lazy. We don't need to make even more excuses for them to fall back on.
07/18/2018 08:51 PMPosted by Ggwynbleidd
Kruul will forever haunt me, I enjoyed it. Enough that I wanted to do it on an alt! Since my friends are going alliance, I was hoping to try guardian!

Crying isn’t free, game cost money and I would think I should be able to call out the developers on this.

Crying costs $0.00 dollars. Tears are not a cash shop item, they cost absolutely nothing.
Did mine without Eko or luffas. You don't haave ideal legendaries? You make do, or you don't get it. Simple.
I did the Guardian one with an undergeared druid that had no legendaries that I BOOSTED to do the mage tower with, then did it a second time on another druid with no tank legendaries.

I killed Kruul on my warrior after never having played prot who was of average gear. Set up the bar for prot spec and killed him in less than 10 attempts.

Also did it on a prot paladin in less than 10 attempts after never having played prot paladin.

And of course did this on my DK early on when the mage tower was relatively new.

Killed him 5 times, four of which were in the last week of it being active.