Frost Mage, Mage Tower Challenge

General Discussion
Kaznarok here, I'm stuck on the third phase. Can't seem to get Karam down fast enough, Any rotations any knows that could maximize my dps?
In the final phase, I decided to try nuking Raest, keeping Karam slowed. I saved heroism for that stage and blew anything I had remaining to annihilate Raest before Karam could reach me. If you find your damage isn't strong enough to do this, stick with Karam.

Also, more crit will help you get significantly more flurry procs! Enchant your gear and get some gems, and it'll take you farther.
I would also use the army of light legendary ring instead of the arcane belt, its not much but every little bit helps, especially if you have damage powers on the relics.

But to echo Auswelle, get as much crit and haste as you can, gem/enchant everything, use full consumables and try to have a drums/time warp for phase 3 since your running the exodar ring and if at all possible save your second round of icy veins and nuke the ever living crap out of Raest, and do your best to keep karam slowed.
07/15/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Xillean
I would also use the army of light legendary ring instead of the arcane belt, its not much but every little bit helps, especially if you have damage powers on the relics.

But to echo Auswelle, get as much crit and haste as you can, gem/enchant everything, use full consumables and try to have a drums/time warp for phase 3 since your running the exodar ring and if at all possible save your second round of icy veins and nuke the ever living crap out of Raest, and do your best to keep karam slowed.
I'm in the process of trying to replace the Belt with something in Antorus LFR and getting the Army of Light ring. I'll look into the enchants
The general idea is to keep the small adds alive as long as possible and use all the procs from Frozen Orbs on them to destroy Raest, I think.
07/15/2018 03:00 PMPosted by Newoopee
The general idea is to keep the small adds alive as long as possible and use all the procs from Frozen Orbs on them to destroy Raest, I think.
So rapid fire Ice lances and Blizzards?
07/15/2018 02:53 PMPosted by Auswelle
Also, more crit will help you get significantly more flurry procs!
How much crit is recommended for frost? Also trying to mop this one up before reset, but struggling. 75 wipes and counting, ha. I never touched mage before this, but I still found fire and arcane challenges to be really approachable.

Frost, however, has been an entirely different story . . .
Frozen orb blizzard spam to kite and just dps the main boss. 100% dps/ilvl check 0% skill tbh.
I've heard that the pet is useful for the Summoning Runes, I'm more used to running with Lonely Winter myself. Is it worth sacrificing the extra damage?
07/15/2018 03:14 PMPosted by Shiyolangley
Frozen orb blizzard spam to kite and just dps the main boss. 100% dps/ilvl check 0% skill tbh.
Yeah, I felt the same way on my 955 boomkin, too.

But it feels very, very different at 920-930s on frost mage.
This one was the hardest MT I did, by far. Here's what helped me.
1. Keep your pet. Use it to soak the runes. All the original guides I found said to use the talent to replace your pet, I found the extra root and rune soaking invaluable. Especially cause the stupid rune kept spawning ON Karam.

2. Keep Blizzard up in the middle, even when it's not a proc. Cast it if you need to. This helped me keep Karam snared.

I also downloaded weak auras for it and set up macros for countering the hand. MMO champ had a good twins guide in general. Scroll down a little for the WAs
https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2196212-Thwarting-the-Twins-Tips/page3

I put my cooldown skills/pots on my mouse wheel and third/4th buttons so it was easier for me to hit them and run.
My biggest issue was kiting Karam.

I've found that it's easier to simplify what abilities you use instead of trying to come up with a higher damage rotation.

Frostbolt is good enough most of the time. Be sure to actually make use of shimmer or ice floes (I took shimmer because I was having trouble getting to stuff when they're both up at the same time). Keep cone of cold and frost nova handy as oh crap buttons when he gets really close. You'll want to have blizzard on in the center most of the time because of adds (and some damage on Raest), that also slows him down.

When you have time to focus on Raest, if you're far enough away you can get your brain freeze flurry to hit before a previous frostbolt and have it crit. Ice lances as they proc are fine, unless you're saving them for the hands.

Also remember it's much easier to kite while strafing instead of trying to keep at an angle whilst moving straight.
Getting closer and closer with each defeat. Thank you all for your help. Whether I get that amazing frost mage skin will be up to me.
Wish the pet bug that affliction gets to use worked with water elemental.
Run first boss of argus and try for the trinket. Adds a lot of damage.
You just slow everything and nuke the main boss. That's about all there is to it.
Two questions:

1. I kinda get the reason for taking the shimmer talent, but isn't ice floes kinda necessary? I mean, you do have to stand still to cast frost bolt and Karam isn't exactly willing to wait around, while you do. And I don't know how else to put the chill effect on him. Plus, it's great that you can teleport while casting, but trying to teleport any other direction but forward will interrupt the cast, and teleporting forward- assuming you make it past him- will cause you to face away from him and also interrupt the cast.

07/15/2018 04:59 PMPosted by Nelinrah
You just slow everything and nuke the main boss. That's about all there is to it.

What about the hands though? If I don't kill the first one, a second one will appear and then I'll have to deal with two of them at once.
Locks simply fear raest while he's posessed
07/15/2018 05:25 PMPosted by Jaleia
What about the hands though? If I don't kill the first one, a second one will appear and then I'll have to deal with two of them at once.

You kill them, they don't have very much health.
Don't kill Karam. Just ignore him. It's not worth it.