Driver not compatible issue - 2 months now.

Technical Support
same issue as most i guess,this game became world of rainbows if u somhow menage to go as far as login in
Same issue ..using 18.5.1 I have a 2 RX480. Been beta testing BFA for 2 months no problem then the pre-patch hit and I started getting black screen and kicked out . Although it does allow me to log in (I still get the box that says my drivers are out of date but I click it off) and play for a bit before it freezes and goes black. Please get this fixed . I really do like the new expac.
Over a month later and all we have been told was to try beta drivers twice, and that someone would update us (not happened). Is this going to be the only information, and "fix" you share with us? I mean come on. I'd like to use my 480.
I have found an intermittent solution to the on going problem … if you want to call it that.

1. turn off EVERYTHING not needed to run WoW ( any un-needed back ground apps and so forth)

2, try to log into the game and take the resolution down to a mininum of 1920x1080 and see if things hold stable

I have done this and the game tends to run stable with a hicup here and there that results in a unknown critical failure that results in a total reboot of the PC

This is what i have to work with since relying on a new AMD beta driver to roll out in rather inconsistant and from another WoW user i know that uses Nvidia, they are having the same issue as well
You know, guys, what I did when this all started with the prepatch was flash the bios, update the bios driver, and the errors and black screens and crashes went away. I was running the May Adrenaline driver.

I have R5 and RX 560. Rather than the problems you guys are having, I'm having really, really low FPS. The system switched me to low EVERYTHING. Well, a few fairs... but huge difference to Legion, right? I'm running between like 9 and 20 FPS or so.

I just updated to the new beta driver, no difference. What's more is that Adrenaline is showing that I'm running 560 for wow, but when I swap the settings in wow to look at the R5, there is zero difference. I'm not sure if it is normal, but I only have the choice in wow between autodetect and R5, So, I have to think wow is looking at R5. Still, the R5 shouldn't be at like 20 and set to low when it is within recommended range.

This is a last year's (2017) model Dell Gaming machine I just bought new a few months ago, because it was well within specs to keep playing this game. So, I'll agree with you all that this is a very disappointing situation.
I've been talking with a tech rep at AMD since they actually answer questions and provided credible information. To her knowledge, and what she could find out, the drivers - 18.7.1 onward, are not the issue, nor is it our cards. She seemed genuinely surprised we have gotten no updates at all from blizzard.

So it appears, the issue is not being worked on and blizzard are still just hoping a beta driver comes along that finally works. I mean look at the common issues thread at the top, it hasn't been updated at all, even though in this thread we've confirmed using old drivers doesn't help remedy the issue.

Normally I wouldn't entertain this type of thinking, but this would explain why we're getting the silent treatment (or ignored - whichever you prefer) from blizzard.
C'mon Bliz give us any indication that YOU are working on this . I have personally tried every suggestion on this post, Uninstalled and reinstalled WoW, Uninstalled my Drivers using DDU and reinstalled them, I have Wow running on dx-11 and lowered my graphics settings etc.

I am running 2 RX-480's and it doesn't matter if I run crossfire or not I still get the same thing. 5-10 ( last night I got to play for 4 hours!! I was afraid to log off) minutes and then freeze, black screen and out. The fact that through all this I managed to get to 120 still amazes me.

I can play every other game on MAX settings with decent frame rates(ESO,RIFT,Battlefield 1, Witcher 3 etc.) and as I stated before I also played the BFA beta with no graphics issues.

Please give us something...
Same here, I manage to play 5 minutes - 2 hours (if I'm really lucky) then suddenly screen goes black, GPU fans go crazy and I have to shut off my computer. I've got a RX480 too and this only happened after pre-pratch. It started during cutszenes and cinematics, now it happens randomly, when I fight a mob or walk into a house. I have since stopped playing WoW, after being super excited and pre-ordering BfA last year. I didn't even manage to get 1 single char to 120 due to this issue.
After writing a ticket and only getting very generic answers (same ones were provided here) and of course trying them it didn't change anything.

I don't want to replace a perfectly fine working GPU because of one game, for which I have spent so much money already.

Also I'm very disappointed in the customer service right now. We get no answers nor informations about this issue which affects us to a point where some simply can not play anymore.

Afterall we are paying customers and have to suffer (without getting money or gametime back) for something that clearly isn't our fault.

I'm curious to see what Blizzard is going to do with this issue, if they even do anything in near future, since they are probably losing some paying customers right now....
I think i have a short term solution for this issue. I ran the windows compatibility troubleshooter on a whim. It recommended running WoW in Windows 8 compat.

I did. So far i have played about 10 hours over the course of 3 days with no problems. Still not letting Bliz off the hook but at least I can play the game.
Any chance on an update here blizzard? Its been close to two months, surely someone must have a little information the can share with us.
07/17/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Ibaraius
So getting a bit more information on this, we will need to wait until the RX480 specific issues are resolved.

This was said on july 17th - tomorrow it will be two !@#$ing months and all we have been told since then was to try new beta drivers.

Have you guys addressed this situation or not. Can we get an update?
I really love that there still is no update. I like 30fps in the towns you know! Maybe blue could just touch on this post with a “we still are looking into this”, c’mon lie to me.
Hey all,

We are sorry for the lack of reply to this tread. We are still working on a fix this. I have seen that there is progress on getting the fix out for you all. Thank you all for your patience while we work on fixing this.
09/23/2018 01:16 PMPosted by Eloemaz
Hey all,

We are sorry for the lack of reply to this tread. We are still working on a fix this. I have seen that there is progress on getting the fix out for you all. Thank you all for your patience while we work on fixing this.

Meh, I haven't logged on in over a week because I put my 480 back in to play something else, and you know what? I really like how my system and numerous other games work/look and also get great FPS with it. Maybe I'll check back in another 2 months to see if you guys have almost got it fixed yet.

[edit to add]

Only ended up here tonight b/c a friend said there was a blue reply, but would only tell me I wouldn't be surprised by the reply. She was right.
Just wanted to add my experience since I had posted on this thread. I've updated the driver to the current optional driver 18.9.3 and that has fixed my issues. I no longer get the driver out of date message and the system no longer has the noticable freeze every couple of mili seconds.
EDIT: I reinstalled the drivers and it appears as though the issue was resolved.
4 months now ...Please do something. Since the last maintenance I don't just crash to desk top the system does a hard reboot . sigh.
Im running on a ATI Radeon HD 4270... Im getting the same error, and Im not positive if I am up to date. PLEASE help! I went back to an older version I am pretty sure and it worked, but when I updated my driver back to the latest version, it stopped working... PLEASE someone help me out!
11/14/2018 03:47 PMPosted by Rarl
Im running on a ATI Radeon HD 4270... Im getting the same error, and Im not positive if I am up to date. PLEASE help! I went back to an older version I am pretty sure and it worked, but when I updated my driver back to the latest version, it stopped working... PLEASE someone help me out!

That video card does not meet the minimum requirements. Have a look here for the System Requirements https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/137431