No More Power Levelling...

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 9 Next
It seems so weird to me that they added heritage armor, which you can't earn from boosting a toon, and then change a bunch of stuff that's clearly supposed to steer you towards a boost. Like, if you're gonna be cash grabby, at least be consistent.
I must be the only one who's okay with these choices. It stops people levelling to 110 the easy way. Hellfire Ramparts was OP when you could carry. *shrug*
I spent all of tonight, and the past few weeks for that matter, playing another game, one that puts out the content and lets us decide how we want to play it instead of forcing us down a narrow tunnel. Even if I could have logged into this game tonight I don't think I would have wanted to do so. I'm enjoying the other game, this one not so much anymore. WoW's "my way or the highway" attitude has worn thin. I'm looking at that highway.
07/17/2018 08:55 PMPosted by Psylix
It's amusing what you plebs would've done in other MMORPG's, WoW's leveling is a cakewalk...

Shhh. No, if you say that, Blizzard will continue to think it's okay to make the grindage worse.
In 1999, it took a year to hit level 50 in Everquest playing over 30 hours a week. We lost about 2-4 hours of exp on every Pve death, and often de-leveled in dungeons.
07/17/2018 07:49 PMPosted by Velara
07/17/2018 07:20 PMPosted by Rickrolling
Good change, will make the world more alive for those whom are starting to play instead of seeing everyone reclusive soloing dgs.

More likely it will frustrate more players than ever into quitting and finding a game that is actually fun.

Slogging through 14 year old content is the opposite of fun.

Having to pay $60 to avoid the slog is unbridled greed.

Most players will just leave. Wait and see.

Taking AWAY an option because it was efficient isn't "tuning". Idgaf if you prefer leveling through questing. ALL the power to you. PLEASE enjoy that content. I'm actually glad people like questing. It doesn't affect me whatsoever.

I've been playing this game since vanilla and NONE of these zones I've experienced over and over are even remotely interesting to me. My gf who just started the game already finds questing to be tedious and would rather just get an alt to max level. For us, questing does not feel immersive or updated (literally in any way: NPCs, textures, rewards, spell effects) to today's gaming standards. If alt leveling had rewards that would be appropriate towards end-game (not just experience) or something, it'd be so much nicer.

That's my gripe. Not even stating what I hate about the BFA warmode talent system.

I really do feel disenfranchised with a lot of the development decisions being made. It always comes back to one question I ask myself about Blizzard's current mission:

Stakeholders or shareholders?

I don't think I'm alone.
07/17/2018 09:06 PMPosted by Nerevarine
07/17/2018 08:55 PMPosted by Psylix
It's amusing what you plebs would've done in other MMORPG's, WoW's leveling is a cakewalk...

Shhh. No, if you say that, Blizzard will continue to think it's okay to make the grindage worse.

even in Final Fantasy 14. you have to complete all the stories in one expansion before you can do the next set. meaning for example, you have to do 50 delivery quests and 50 cases of "go to the purple cloud marked on your map and kill this random overleveled pack of trash mobs" before you can transition from a realm reborn to heavensward. or from heavensward to stormblood, or stormblood to next expansion. because they gate content behind story and story behind level and some story quests have item level requirements. for example, your level 50 artifact gear is not enough to do leviathan. you have to buy level 115 crafted pieces from the market place or have somebody craft them for you.
07/17/2018 08:58 PMPosted by Jolia
It seems so weird to me that they added heritage armor, which you can't earn from boosting a toon, and then change a bunch of stuff that's clearly supposed to steer you towards a boost. Like, if you're gonna be cash grabby, at least be consistent.
This right here proves that is NOT what they're trying to do.
They don't want people leveling with guildies quickly without input, they WANT you to group up with others of your level and play the game as designed.
Everything they are doing, if you look at it honestly, is not pushing the player towards boosting.
If it was, yes, you wouldn't need to level from beginning for Heritage Armor - which is one of the huge selling points - Allied Races.

People need to work out IF it's worth leveling that toon or not, instead of the constant incessant complaining and conspiracy theories.
This place has turned into a circus where the clowns are in charge.
07/17/2018 08:10 PMPosted by Peachypie
I actually find the new leveling changes to be quite nice. If you've got heirlooms, take advantage of DMF when it's up, use the garrison bonus xp potions, and focus on WQs and invasions at the higher levels,

What about that slog where you have no WQs and garrison XP pots for the previous 90 levels?

07/17/2018 08:38 PMPosted by Piddy
If I have a party of 5 Level 40s, and we walk in to the Uldaman curtain to enter the instance, we won't get any XP? Because we walked through the front door instead of using LFD to "port us in"?

That is exactly how it works now. You have to use the LFD tool but now they have removed the bonus XP for each dungeon. You only get that once a week now.

07/17/2018 08:21 PMPosted by Lueran
Feedback about what specifically you think is wrong that isn’t just raging at them for errors is the best way to go. Besides, we just got a stat squish, and just like the last one the numbers will likely be a bit wonky for a while.

Stat squish has nothing to do with the fact that XP has all but been removed from Dungeons unless you queue through the LFD.

07/17/2018 07:57 PMPosted by Gremorn
You can't get the armor if you boost.

I know, thats the problem. The new levelling system makes levelling a slow, boring chore.

Ignoring the fact that basically 1-60 you never feel like your getting stronger because of level scaling, it is a slow XP grind that was somewhat sped up by dungeon queuing or getting a 110 to just carry your lowbie alt through dungeons.

But they removed the bonus XP and made it a weekly reward and have completely removed all XP given for killing bosses and completing dungeons unless you queue up.
yeah, I'm 3 zones away from Loremaster, so soon I will not even have new quests to do :C
07/17/2018 09:09 PMPosted by Anacrussys
In 1999, it took a year to hit level 50 in Everquest playing over 30 hours a week. We lost about 2-4 hours of exp on every Pve death, and often de-leveled in dungeons.

Yeah that sounds super fun...
07/17/2018 09:17 PMPosted by Eilla
This right here proves that is NOT what they're trying to do.
They don't want people leveling with guildies quickly without input, they WANT you to group up with others of your level and play the game as designed.

OK and that would be all well and true except the vast majority of players arent new. They dont need to experience the content again but this time slower.

And do you really think the current speed of levelling is in anyway inviting to new people? Especiall since you NEVER feel like you are getting more powerful since everything just scales with you.

Im level 58 on a Velf in Bloodmyst Isle and everything there still feels like it did at level 20.

That is not good design. So the only way for you to feel stronger is to hit 61 so you move out of that bracket. Its ridiculous.

Yes, prior to the scale levelling was way too fast but this new version isnt the answer.
07/17/2018 09:09 PMPosted by Anacrussys

Nobody here is playing Everquest in 1999.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765966923#1 I created a suggestions thread that's less confrontational and more attempting to gather feedback and ideas.
This thread is misleading, the dungeon xp for not doing anything by being ran through is the same as it was after the changes made with 7.3.5.
07/17/2018 07:23 PMPosted by Corcarus
Good change, will make the world more alive for those whom are starting to play instead of seeing everyone reclusive soloing dgs.

Oh yeah, those masses of new players swarming a 15 year old subscription game. Again, an argument that only holds water if they're ramping up for F2P, cause let's be real, that's the only way the game is getting new players at this point.

If going F2P increased pops then rift and wildstar would be ongoing. Unfortunaly they are dead. The game is constantly getting new players but not at the same rate, at least legion increased the pop.

07/17/2018 07:30 PMPosted by Cyrille

No it wont because people will get fed up by level 20-30 and move on to other games what are you smoking seems like you need to stop.

With people like you around no wonder they wont get pass level 30, so defensive and mad, hopefully blizzard will make the leveling even longer and you can leave the game making it better than any patch they have ever done. With me however, they get to 110 and start raiding. People who like rpg and are just starting dont really care about the leveling process, those who do not like rpgs will surely stop playing.

07/17/2018 07:49 PMPosted by Velara

More likely it will frustrate more players than ever into quitting and finding a game that is actually fun.

Slogging through 14 year old content is the opposite of fun.

Having to pay $60 to avoid the slog is unbridled greed.

Most players will just leave. Wait and see.

Hardly, most are not altholics and only play 2 or 3 chars. Dont think they can make much to improve old content for people that have done it for 14 years so better focus on the newcomers and forget althollcis as whole.

It's already making the world of Cubis more alive for me. I haven't played that game in years, and only now do I realize how much I've missed it.
07/17/2018 08:03 PMPosted by Phumbles
07/17/2018 07:12 PMPosted by Aysera
But if it's easy for players to level toons, what incentive do they have to buy boosts?

It is easy, though.

I guess that would depend on your personal highly idiosyncratic definition of the word "easy", which does not take into account the number of hours it takes to level a toon, or the number of days it takes given only a reasonable number of hours played per day.

If you think "months" is the right answer, I suggest you go level all 6 allied races using the current system and come back this time next year to tell us about it.
07/17/2018 09:54 PMPosted by Hellasha
This thread is misleading, the dungeon xp for not doing anything by being ran through is the same as it was after the changes made with 7.3.5.

No its not. Last night I could run my wifes 60 Velf though ramparts on my 110 druid and she would get 130+ XP per trash killed and every boss would give around 9k XP and completeing the dungeon would be something like 15k XP.

Today its nothing. even is she walks into the dungeon her self with out my 110 there is no XP rewards from bosses or clearing the dungeon.
07/17/2018 07:07 PMPosted by Hockeybalboa
So now unless you join through LFD, dungeons dont give XP anymore

Y'know, I've been saying for ages that the leveling experience needs to be quicker and have shared scaling content with the endgame. Get players playing with their max-level friends who aren't just rolling alts they won't ever actually use.

Instead, here we are, with a mobile-F2P-level push towards paid services...