Legacy Loot Scaling Set to 11+ Levels not 10+

Bug Report
So, all patch notes and announcements for Legacy Loot Mode is advertised as 10+ above the content. Except in practice, it isn't.

Just went in to Heroic 25-Man Highmaul, and got a single item drop from Kargath Bladefist, and it was a spec-specific drop, ie: Personal Loot. Warlords of Draenor content IS 10 levels below me (110 - 10 = 100, endgame of Warlords), but clearly this is not treating things properly.

It seems the reports from Beta were correct in that once we hit Level 111, it WILL work, which means we have an issue come 120: Legion's end-content will not be scaled properly either.

Clearly a variable was set wrong (in what way, I got no idea), but, in theory, it is something along the lines of a "Raid_Level < Character_Level - 10" instead of "Raid_Level <= Character_Level - 10" to toggle it on.

Hopefully this gets addressed soon, so that the advertised feature works as (assumingly) intended, and not changed to work as implemented (which basically makes the hardest non-current content to solo not worth soloing for transmog or other reasons).
This is intended my friend, bosses on that raid are lvl 103, so if you are 110 that's only 7 lvls, not 10.
07/18/2018 05:39 PMPosted by Solarus
So, all patch notes and announcements for Legacy Loot Mode is advertised as 10+ above the content. Except in practice, it isn't.

Incorrect.. right from the patch notes: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21959894/battle-for-azeroth-pre-patch-notes

Legacy Loot Mode

Now, when you enter an instance at 11 levels or more above the maximum level of the content, Legacy Loot rules will be automatically enabled. Under Legacy Loot rules, drops will include a chance for all items that would drop for a full party or raid at the instance’s level.
07/18/2018 06:10 PMPosted by Tatahe
This is intended my friend, bosses on that raid are lvl 103, so if you are 110 that's only 7 lvls, not 10.

This is incorrect. The bosses are actually always 3 levels above you and always have been treated this way, regardless of the level of the raid. However, the raid is intended for x level (100 for WoD) so you need to be x+11 (or 111 for WoD).
07/18/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Zearanna
07/18/2018 05:39 PMPosted by Solarus

Incorrect.. right from the patch notes: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21959894/battle-for-azeroth-pre-patch-notes

Legacy Loot Mode

Now, when you enter an instance at 11 levels or more above the maximum level of the content, Legacy Loot rules will be automatically enabled. Under Legacy Loot rules, drops will include a chance for all items that would drop for a full party or raid at the instance’s level.

It says 10 levels not 11
07/18/2018 06:54 PMPosted by Scald
It says 10 levels not 11

Uh, his link specifically says 11. And the pre-patch blue post said "more than 10." I think it should be 10, but don't mischaracterize it as them lying about it.
Do you guys up there take so much pride in shooting ppl down? Do you feel so good at pointing out that said Patch notes is 11?

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761866700?page=1

We god damn know that it is 11 and we god damn know that it is "working as intended"

But we have been led on and lied to right up to this very second when they decided that it is better to set it to "11" just so that players are stuck farming the last expansion stuff for a much more extended period of time.

Never did they ever define to us what "legacy" meant - to us - it simply means old content.

They set an expectation and have MMOchampion and WoWhead reinforcing the fact that it is only 10 levels above to enable legacy loot.

Of course we are pissed now that it is 11. Why can't we be pissed and surprised about it?

-------------
If you take pride in just shooting ppl down because of a last min. change and defending the company for this and calling ppl idiots for not reading the patch notes, I hope Karma is in due to teach your sorry butt some lessons - unbelievable you people.
07/18/2018 07:40 PMPosted by Aerlys
last min. change

Last minute? I'll freely admit I could've sworn the original announcement months ago was that it'd be 10 levels, but I dunno how to dredge that up and they've said 11 for the past month or so. Hardly last minute. And I want it to change to 10, so keep that in mind.

You literally just linked something from February (though it's edited) that says 11 (or, more accurately, "more than 10"). And other than the initial announcement (the post I wouldn't know how to dredge up), there was never any indication it was "at least 10." After a bit of Googling, that February post IS the "10 or more" post, but could very well have been misworded in the beginning and plans change. It sucks, and I'd rather it be 10, but people aren't being called idiots.

You aren't the first person to come here and white knight in this way, so don't expect anyone pointing this kind of stuff out to bow their head in shame and say you're right. Point is, there are correct places to discuss changes (you're discussing a change, not a bug) and this isn't one of them. General works, Dungeons works, but not Bug Reports.
07/18/2018 07:49 PMPosted by Alextium
07/18/2018 07:40 PMPosted by Aerlys
last min. change

Last minute? I'll freely admit I could've sworn the original announcement months ago was that it'd be 10 levels, but I dunno how to dredge that up and they've said 11 for the past month or so. Hardly last minute. And I want it to change to 10, so keep that in mind.

You literally just linked something from February (though it's edited) that says 11 (or, more accurately, "more than 10"). And other than the initial announcement (the post I wouldn't know how to dredge up), there was never any indication it was "at least 10." After a bit of Googling, that February post IS the "10 or more" post, but could very well have been misworded in the beginning and plans change. It sucks, and I'd rather it be 10, but people aren't being called idiots.

You aren't the first person to come here and white knight in this way, so don't expect anyone pointing this kind of stuff out to bow their head in shame and say you're right. Point is, there are correct places to discuss changes (you're discussing a change, not a bug) and this isn't one of them. General works, Dungeons works, but not Bug Reports.

White Knight my butt.

Just on the release date of Pre-patch - even wowhead said it was 10 based on Ornyx post - and only ninja changed it to 11 when the patch notes said it was 11.

And who is the white knight here - clearly you are trying to convey "learn to read" message to ppl who are led to and frustrated by this ninja change. Are you here defending the company for making sneaky ninja changes like this?
Right xmog farming is not your thing? you enjoy coming back week after week with only "1 loot" per boss per week? You enjoy that? Well that's you. Don't lump you with us.

Did PTR reflect 11? Yes, but even when highlighted - no one knows if it was intended or not until it became live.

Get it straight. We were led by the nose and got jabbed. You enjoy seeing a big corporate company jabbing their subscriber base like this?

Shame of yourself man seriously.
clearly you are trying to convey "learn to read"

Right xmog farming is not your thing?

So, I wasn't saying learn to read, but since you aren't actually reading my post properly, your position isn't gonna work anyway (and makes me think maybe you actually should learn to...). As I said, go to another forum as this isn't actually a bug. Good day.
07/18/2018 08:07 PMPosted by Alextium
clearly you are trying to convey "learn to read"

Right xmog farming is not your thing?

So, I wasn't saying learn to read, but since you aren't actually reading my post properly, your position isn't gonna work anyway (and makes me think maybe you actually should learn to...). As I said, go to another forum as this isn't actually a bug. Good day.

Enlighten me then white knight

What are you trying to do?

If the moderators so much as to think that this is not a "Bug" but something else - convince them to movie this thread then.

To us, to many of us - this is a crappy Bug.