How is War Mode working out for you so far?

General Discussion
I've turned it on and expect to keep it on by default. The extra talents are too much fun, and I can always hearth and turn it off if I need to.

So far...
  • I was ganked once in a 2-on-1; they were ready and looking for a fight, I was still sorting out my talents and probably didn't impress them much lol.
  • Accidentally picked a fight with a small group when I keg smashed a mini-boss they were fighting. Was just trying to tag before it died, but they didn't see it that way lol. They charged and attacked, I Leg-sweeped and ran away. They chased but I was faster and no one died.
  • Joined in to help someone from my faction who was under attack. We won, but I won't claim it was because I was great PvPer :D
  • Overall, I feel it's working as intended. Most of the time, I see opposing players who are no more eager to engage than I am and we both go about our business. But I do find myself paying more attention to other players, looking closer to see whether they are friend or foe, and keeping an eye out in case something changes. The world feels more dangerous. And I like that.
    The pvp portion is awesome so far.... but it makes doing group content more or less impossible.

The invasions points (on argus, the 3 you need for the weekly quest) don't function properly on warmode (they show up as already completed once you enter them). and it seems like 90% of the playerbase is in non-warmode so you can't find a group to do the greater invasion points.

Essentially you have to turn it off if you want to group up with people and it ruins a lot of the fun IMO.
    07/19/2018 12:38 AMPosted by Razeal
    The pvp portion is awesome so far.... but it makes doing group content more or less impossible.

The invasions points (on argus, the 3 you need for the weekly quest) don't function properly on warmode (they show up as already completed once you enter them). and it seems like 90% of the playerbase is in non-warmode so you can't find a group to do the greater invasion points.

Essentially you have to turn it off if you want to group up with people and it ruins a lot of the fun IMO.
    Hopefully some of that is bugs that will work out over time.
    Apparently it makes hunting for rare spawns a lot easier since it gives a server 2 separate shards with their own spawn times.
    07/19/2018 12:39 AMPosted by Kaidan
    Apparently it makes hunting for rare spawns a lot easier since it gives a server 2 separate shards with their own spawn times.
    Interesting. Did not know that.
    Having fun with it so far. Ganked and been ganked. Totally worth it to keep it on IMO.
    Warmode seems a little quiet https://i.imgur.com/3JybBvv.jpg

I guess it has it's moments.
    Kinda fun on Argus where there is no flying; awful anywhere that there is flying. It'll be fun in BfA until the flying patch drops, then it dies.
    I'm loving having it turned off, it's awesome.
    07/19/2018 12:44 AMPosted by Gurbo
    Kinda fun on Argus where there is no flying; awful anywhere that there is flying. It'll be fun in BfA until the flying patch drops, then it dies.

You can buy the net launcher from the pvp vendor. I've killed a few people with it since they take full falling damage. Has good range too.
    Kinda wish we wouldn't be put in separate phases. I toggle it on for the bonuses, but I don't really do much World PvP. The World feels pretty empty, and the few ones who have it toggled on are pretty much all max gear players often in party who only want to make you miserable.

Then again, right now probably isn't the best time to properly judge it, but I really do wish we'd be all in the same phase with war mode functioning like PvP flag worked on PvE servers.
    07/19/2018 12:43 AMPosted by Iceacid
    Warmode seems a little quiet https://i.imgur.com/3JybBvv.jpg

I guess it has it's moments.

Everything is quiet. The entire game is like a ghost town.
    Nothing is changed for me cause my pvp alt is on an rp server :)

Honestly don't see the point of it, if i am not gonna get wpvp action then whats the point of warmode, is it a pve mode with benefits??
    07/19/2018 12:35 AMPosted by Kolee
    I've turned it on and expect to keep it on by default. The extra talents are too much fun, and I can always hearth and turn it off if I need to.

So far...
  • I was ganked once in a 2-on-1; they were ready and looking for a fight, I was still sorting out my talents and probably didn't impress them much lol.
  • Accidentally picked a fight with a small group when I keg smashed a mini-boss they were fighting. Was just trying to tag before it died, but they didn't see it that way lol. They charged and attacked, I Leg-sweeped and ran away. They chased but I was faster and no one died.
  • Joined in to help someone from my faction who was under attack. We won, but I won't claim it was because I was great PvPer :D
  • Overall, I feel it's working as intended. Most of the time, I see opposing players who are no more eager to engage than I am and we both go about our business. But I do find myself paying more attention to other players, looking closer to see whether they are friend or foe, and keeping an eye out in case something changes. The world feels more dangerous. And I like that.

The world feels quite empty at the moment. i haven't encounter anyone trying to whoop my !@# for hours now in war mode.
    It's better turned off.
    07/19/2018 12:53 AMPosted by Othman
    07/19/2018 12:35 AMPosted by Kolee

So far...

The world feels quite empty at the moment. i haven't encounter anyone trying to whoop my !@# for hours now in war mode.
    I've only had the three fights, and one of those I (accidentally) started. :D
    havent turned it on. 0 reason to do so until bfa launches. ill keep it on for lvling then turn it off at cap. warmode changes nothing, world pvp is still a gankfest, either 1vX or Xv1. highly annoying when im on beta and I go to drustvar or some !@#$ and see 7 alliance assassin emblems on the map that i have to tiptoe around.
    It was really fun today! Decided to do this character's mount quest. Six stacks of Determination on Sisters of Elune and nine stacks on KJ later, I was ready to have fun. Thankfully, Org was under attack! Joined the defense raid and pushed the Alliance goons back. We then decided to do a classic Goldshire raid. It was pretty fun. It was really just standard WPvP, but War Mode was a nice cherry on top. WPvP on that scale doesn't happen much on Moon Guard.

I've gotten into some 1v1 situations on the beta. Haven't seen that on Live, yet.
    I'm enjoying it so far. I love having some pretty strong PVP talents out in the world, and I've had some some good random PVP encounters. I've admittedly done my fair bit of ganking, but I've also tried a couple of sneaky attacks and been outplayed, so eh, it balances out. :)
    I love all the different abilities that you can mix with your class. Just adds to the experience of WPvP. I've been using my pvp talents for different scenarios, and I love it how we can choose from 3 different ones, without some talents being restricted to a 3 tier system.