listening
R O L L T H E M E M E S
Gouge
25 Energy Melee Range
Instant 10 sec cooldown
Requires Rogue (Outlaw)
Requires level 34
Requires Melee Weapon
Gouges the eyes of an enemy target, incapacitating for 4 sec. Damage will interrupt the effect.

Awards 1 combo point.

Those ele / boomkin dots are sure breaking my gouge!
Im struggling so hard with Outlaw. I want to like it, and I see some players excel with it, but not me. Im far better as Sub/A. Outlaw seems too much RNG with RTB.
I think most good players have been saying Outlaw is extremely powerful for at least a couple months now.

Tbh I'm personally glad it isn't more popular, I really dislike playing against it
I think it suffered backlash from the majority of rogues and thus alienated its potential for other classes to even consider playing it.

I think for most rogues it was a situation of
Better the devil you know than the one you don’t.

I’m quite upset I didn’t give it a shot sooner. Once I did mage tower and learned it for the most part I couldn’t get enough.
Idk if any of you have differing opinions on the spec, but I would say its awfully broken from the way its designed. Ofc the RNG factor plays a role in potentially determining the potency of damage from setups and what not, but overall I'd say the spec was given two things many players failed to oversee right from the start: A ranged stun that comes off cd relatively quick (making it usable quite frequently) and a ranged physical slow which has no cd that supposedly gives Combo Points.

I'm totally fine with Gouge, The Grapple Hook ( basically a 30 sec heroic leap), and the spec's ability to gain periodic opportunities to provide partners with buffs and the sporadic buffs that they themselves get (based on talent choices). I just feel like there could have been better alternatives to the ranged stun and slow abilities which exhibits the spec to be overly oppressive.
Outlaw/arms/X is really fun to play.
ya i mean it had nothing to do with the ele shaman doing 75% of the stunned targets health or anything
07/16/2018 07:15 PMPosted by Keres
ya i mean it had nothing to do with the ele shaman doing 75% of the stunned targets health or anything

I mean Swapxy is known to be very harsh with his offensive gameplay. Pretty sure he's regarded as the most threatening EU player in terms of his efficiency in exerting a tremendous amount of pressure in unexpected situations. If you take that characteristic into consideration along with Whaazz's immaculate gameplay, it results in nothing but devastating pressure and control overall.
I think most good players have been saying Outlaw is extremely powerful for at least a couple months now.

You mean EU? Because they've been saying Outlaw has been good for like 3 seasons. Fury/Outlaw has been a thing in EU for a very long time. NA is just realizing this now after they all got booty blasted in the last tournament.
only good rogues can play it

thats why almost nobody does
Isn't really that surprising. Look at last xpac - everyone thinking arcane mage was completely unviable, myself included, and then realizing towards the end of S2 that arcane RMPal was god tier the entire time.
07/16/2018 08:34 PMPosted by Dahis

You mean EU? Because they've been saying Outlaw has been good for like 3 seasons. Fury/Outlaw has been a thing in EU for a very long time. NA is just realizing this now after they all got booty blasted in the last tournament.

NA players knew but there also aren't as many good eles on the teams that had rogues with them. EU has generally had the best Ele Shams which means Outlaw will get played more by competitive teams but players have known it's good. Pika has still played outlaw but it's not as good with RPS.

The Outlaw Fury team is when a lot of people noticed it's actually real (EU/NA players) - after that Whaazz started playing it a lot. I don't think it has been under rated at all, just under played.
I wanted to try outlaw smokebomb this expac, I feel nothing will live long against a a tricks boosted pillars frost dk with outlaws control
<span class="truncated">...</span>

NA players knew but there also aren't as many good eles on the teams that had rogues with them. EU has generally had the best Ele Shams which means Outlaw will get played more by competitive teams but players have known it's good. Pika has still played outlaw but it's not as good with RPS.

The Outlaw Fury team is when a lot of people noticed it's actually real (EU/NA players) - after that Whaazz started playing it a lot. I don't think it has been under rated at all, just under played.

To bed honest I think it’s under played because it was so under rated for so long. By the time it was considered good the meta had already developed and people had picked their main spec for the expac.

That’s my opinion on why it never got popular as it’s my thoughts on why I never wanted to play it.

Also I dislike rng a lot and I’m sure other rogues do as well.
RIP outlaw/fury/X, the meme comp that could win in less than 10sec