WORST Part of Legion

General Discussion
Underbelly PvP makes Lich King Dalaran superior to Legion Dalaran. Here's why:

1. It's a Griefer's paradise in a Neutral city.

People try to fish, complete quests, check the black market, or fight PvE rares only to be ganked by annoying micro e-peen Griefers. Some people were forced to go down there numerous times for profession quests. It was literally the worst part of Legion primarily because of this.

2. People act like you need to PvP to get the Ratstallion

I fished and fought PvE mobs over the course of 2-3 days and received both the Mount and Giant Sewer Rat. I didn't have to reduce myself to being a griefer.

3. Guards only last 5 minutes.

Guards only last 5 minutes and you can't even see the timer! That means you could be fishing and have it suddenly disappear on you only to have some PvP punk jump on you with your fishing rod out. That means you have to buy 12 guards an hour (that's 144 guards over 12 hours). It wouldn't be so bad if there was a permanent guard you could buy to use or if you could see the timer (or have a longer timer) but as it stands this contributes to the mass griefer situation.

4. Picking and Choosing Your Lore

Underbelly is technically Dalaran just as it was in Lich King. I know they wanted to add it to be "interesting, lore-based, aspect" but most people I run into don't enjoy it. Especially the people who have to go down there to do quests. Blizzard is willing to sacrifice actual RP elements like poison-making but will add ridiculous ideas like forced PvP zones in Neutral cities

I've done the raptor pet quests, I've done Antorus regions, I've dealt with bad raids, I've ground AP. But Underbelly PvP is by far the worst idea and the most poorly designed aspect of Legion I've come across.

I already farmed my Giant Sewer Rat and Ratstallion so I'm never seeing this zone again for as long as I live. If Blizzard were to take one thing, ONE THING, away from this post it's to never add a forced PvP zone to a neutral city ever again.
This was one of aHoleinka's last bad ideas before he ducked for cover and hid behind his momma's skirts.
I agree that the sewers weren't really fun. I didn't like them, especially as a Warlock main who didn't know about the shortcut until February 2018.

They really should make the chests give more of the Eye things. It would be worth it to suffer through those sewers farming for the mount.
you forgotten the loading bar, Staring at a image of Varien and Sylvana playing in a pool with demon for 50 seconds......
...Every day.....
>.<
07/16/2018 09:21 PMPosted by Noose
This was one of aHoleinka's last bad ideas before he ducked for cover and hid behind his momma's skirts.

hahahahahaha, I could believe it.

I had soooooo many fishing buddies get ganked by griefers while I was farming it was ridiculous. I'm surprised Blizzard never addressed the issues. Most people who like this kind of thing would just be like, "Lol get ganked more" or ,"Git gud scrub". I actually killed a few of these griefers in self-defense.

I just couldn't believe Blizzard would O.K. such a horrible Idea (free-for-all forced PvP in a neutral city).
07/16/2018 09:24 PMPosted by Vaernyma
I agree that the sewers weren't really fun. I didn't like them, especially as a Warlock main who didn't know about the shortcut until February 2018.

They really should make the chests give more of the Eye things. It would be worth it to suffer through those sewers farming for the mount.

I think it would be nice if they isolated it to certain arena-like regions, increasing sightless eye with it, or made it to where the wand that makes enemies stronger actually drastically increased their sightless eye drops.

Either way, I simply thing it was irresponsible to add forced PvP to a Neutral city and it's the end of the expansion now so changing it wouldn't matter. They didn't do it in Shattrah or Lich King Dalaran I don't know why they decided to do it here.

Seriously, this was Ion's idea?
Was that whole bloody coins thing his idea too?

edit: thinking of wrong person
07/16/2018 10:16 PMPosted by Woodspath

Ion Hazzikostas?
If you click on your bodyguard you can see the time remaining, it's a buff on them. I agree 5 minutes is way too short though.
RNG
07/16/2018 10:39 PMPosted by Héarthas
RNG

There's a bad luck counter for Legendary RNG, but WoW RNG has been notorious since classic I think
Suramar and the endless nightborne quests.
07/16/2018 10:36 PMPosted by Yasek
07/16/2018 10:16 PMPosted by Woodspath

Ion Hazzikostas?

Oh yeah, duh, Ion is someone else. I have ppl mixed up.
07/16/2018 10:52 PMPosted by Yasek
07/16/2018 10:39 PMPosted by Héarthas
RNG

There's a bad luck counter for Legendary RNG, but WoW RNG has been notorious since classic I think

It has never been anywhere near as bad as it has been in Legion.

You were made or broken on the luck of your first couple of legendary drops.

Then there was the wholly ridiculous and possibly one of the worst decisions the devs have ever made with the paragon mounts being tied into not only grinding more rep after exalted, but very poor RNG on top of that. I still only have one paragon mount so far.

And how about having to play RBGs, something most people don't want, for the RNG chance to get a blacksmith pattern drop if you win?
"AN ILLUSION, WHAT ARE YOU HIDING?"
This was not the worst thing about Legion.

I believe it was the time gated content back when Broken Shore was released. I didn't like doing 1 really big fed ex quest and then have to wait until the next week for the next part of another big fed ex quest. All this just to get Legion pathfinder part 2.
agreed, screw pvp, new warmode better diable pvp there too
07/16/2018 11:57 PMPosted by Nytor
This was not the worst thing about Legion.

I believe it was the time gated content back when Broken Shore was released. I didn't like doing 1 really big fed ex quest and then have to wait until the next week for the next part of another big fed ex quest. All this just to get Legion pathfinder part 2.

That was bad but for some reason it didn’t trigger me as much or as often as forced PvP zones in a neutral city. I like the idea of going to a city to flag or unflag for war mode but forcing people to flag involuntarily for PvP is just plain awful (especially if you have a quest or artifact appearance or rare pet that you want to grind for. I had to also go to underbelly for engineering schematics).
I really avoided the Dalaran underground unless a quest put me down there. I have never been a fan of pvp and I get irritated when the game decides I should have fun and wade into a pool full of people who pvp, waiting to jump me.

I do consider myself lucky as players seem to know and distinguish players who are and are not interested in the pvp element of the sewers. I only got killed once since returning in November.

Still, it's irritating and more inconvenient than anything else. As a result, I refused to fish or go for the eyeballs down there. I don't want anything to do with pvp. I'm more than happy to lose out on the rewards. There are plenty of other things to focus on.
An undead rogue complaining about pvp. Now I've seen everything.