Guardian Druid Mage tower in BfA?

Druid
I'm obviously a Troll Druid atm and I've unlocked the Guardian skin from the mage tower months ago.

If in BfA I race changed into Zandalari what would happen to my Mage tower skins?

Are they unlocked account wide in BfA or do I lose them forever?

Cause I'd prefer to race change once I unlock Zandalari rather than re-roll and re-gear once they become available. Just because it's easier.

But I don't want to lose my "Legacy" gorilla skin that's no longer obtainable because of it.
I am pretty certain you never lose them when race changing.
It’s tied to the artifact xmog. Yes, you and a your Druid chars have access to it, but you need to xmog your weapon to look like the mage tower artifact.
As others have mentioned, your mage tower skins are account-bound.

Also as a side note, it will be possible to unlock the Variant Mage Tower skins during BfA. So long as you have unlocked the base skin before pre-patch, then you'll be able to unlock the variants during BfA.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617602627?page=2
07/06/2018 08:02 PMPosted by Baalzebubb
It’s tied to the artifact xmog. Yes, you and a your Druid chars have access to it, but you need to xmog your weapon to look like the mage tower artifact.

So... what if we end up using staves again in BFA then?
07/07/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Zanumas
07/06/2018 08:02 PMPosted by Baalzebubb

So... what if we end up using staves again in BFA then?

There is a special option for artefact skins, and it will change the stave to look like the claws of ursoc, thus giving us the artefact skin look.