HUGE Weap Ilev Exploit - Blue Please!

Arenas
I'm not going to detail the steps necessary to reproduce this exploit, but I will provide an example of the effect:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/outland/ankhnoire

Look at the character's average ilev and content done, and look at that weapon's ilev. Something seem off? It should - there's an ACTIVE exploit in place that allows someone to greatly increase the ilev of their weapons.

This is something that can and will greatly impact a number of areas in the game, but due to the fact that artifact weapons aren't scaled down in PVP, I'm pretty sure you could see why this is an issue.

EDIT: Since the majority of posters have responded with little concern of future impacts by this exploit, instead I'd like to bring attention to the fact that people have abused this exploit for gains on their rated games, and push for action against these accounts.
>I'm not going to detail the steps necessary to reproduce this exploit

>Could we see a fix please?

I'm pretty sure that's not how reporting exploits or bugs works.
Even the exploits were way better in previous expansions
07/07/2018 04:18 PMPosted by Nika

I think on some level he's recognized Blizz is probably not likely to do anything about it, especially with so little time in the arena season and the expansion wrapping up in less than a month but knows detailing how it is done will likely lead to frequent exploitation.

#1: Already e-mailed Blizz's hacks department about it.

#2: Even with short-duration exploits, this is still the sort of thing that needs adjusted. Lot of people are going to sit free rating without punishment.

#3: Were you expecting me to detail every bit on how to replicate it?

07/07/2018 04:29 PMPosted by Sadaradex
I think on some level he's recognized Blizz is probably not likely to do anything about it, especially with so little time in the arena season and the expansion wrapping up in less than a month but knows detailing how it is done will likely lead to frequent exploitation.

Someone gets it. More hoping for punishment on obvious cheaters.
Yep I’m mad cuz that could’ve been my 1490 2s rating

Yeah! Post EXACTLY how it’s done here. You know, for Blizzard...so they can fix it.
are you sure he just hasn't not logged out since those prep relic shenanigans
He is going to abuse that alway to 1500 in twos if blizzard doesn’t get on it.
07/07/2018 05:06 PMPosted by Maxiqwarlock
Yep I’m mad cuz that could’ve been my 1490 2s rating

07/07/2018 08:51 PMPosted by Origin

these are extremely constructive and deep thoughts thank u for ur contributions

07/07/2018 08:49 PMPosted by Kaylee
are you sure he just hasn't not logged out since those prep relic shenanigans

I'm extremely doubtful that this is the case. If someone were to invest the time digging, they'd understand exactly why.
i wouldn't call it huge
all ilvl does is give you 1% stats per 10 ilvls, and you'd need a pretty huge weapon increase for it to give you 10 ilvls
sure it affects things, but it's going to be irrelevant soon
07/07/2018 10:40 PMPosted by Reimmi
i wouldn't call it huge
all ilvl does is give you 1% stats per 10 ilvls, and you'd need a pretty huge weapon increase for it to give you 10 ilvls

False. Weapon ilev of your artifact doesn't change anything in the template. It's not scaled down, it's a separate entity in regards to the templates.

If you run into an arena with a 1k ilev wep, it's not "normalized" to the rest of your gear - it's literally the same as it is outside.
Meh, I don't see it as a threat since

07/07/2018 04:15 PMPosted by Guccisaurus
I'm not going to detail the steps necessary to reproduce this exploit, but I will provide an example of the effect:

And a week left of the season (i think).

So w.e
07/07/2018 08:51 PMPosted by Origin

these are extremely constructive and deep thoughts thank u for ur contributions

extremely constructive

deep thoughts

I'm not going to detail the steps necessary to reproduce this exploit
All you did was link some random in EU, and claim a ilvl wep bug.

I don't deny that it's a bug, first I've seen a art wep past 1k ilvl. But how does that effect us.

Have you SEEN anyone using it to abuse rating? Outside that one prot warrior whatshisface that was stat bugging...but i think that's completely different from this.

future impacts by this exploit,

artifact dies in a week btw
07/07/2018 11:15 PMPosted by Guccisaurus
If you run into an arena with a 1k ilev wep, it's not "normalized" to the rest of your gear - it's literally the same as it is outside.

actually not true btw