Leveling nerfed... AGAIN?

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 12 Next
Probably due to the fact that Dungeon spamming to level was notably superior to questing and they wanted to balance it. Now people might actually leave Stormwind/Orgrimmar and do some quests instead of just repeatedly queuing for dungeons over and over and over again.

The time-to-kill "issue" is in large part due to the implementation of dynamic scaling across all content, at least as far as I am aware.
07/17/2018 07:02 PMPosted by Grazda
07/17/2018 06:02 PMPosted by Almaqah
This is what happens when a lawyer is in control.

If I could get a refund at this point I would. The game is single digit FPS since you can't turn off shadows anymore. The option's there, just greyed out so you can't pick it. The fact that they refuse to stop CONSTANTLY making leveling slower and slower and slower is disgusting.

You realize fast leveling is a modern “feature” of WoW right? It should never have been that way to begin with. You really don’t need all those alts anyway.

You realize RaF with it's 300% leveling perk was introduced in BC, right?
07/17/2018 07:13 PMPosted by Rhaellyth
Probably due to the fact that Dungeon spamming to level was notably superior to questing and they wanted to balance it. Now people might actually leave Stormwind/Orgrimmar and do some quests instead of just repeatedly queuing for dungeons over and over and over again.

good the game should be experienced no grind through as fast as a possible a friend of mine didnt touch a single quest outside of stormwind just getting his equipment from dungeons i think the only questing he actually did was in WoD/legion an only has been playing for about 6 months
VOTE with your wallet

It's the only thing these mooks understand
07/17/2018 06:16 PMPosted by Searus
Leveling will still be too fast for me. I don't mind if they make it twice longer but I wish they would make fights harder. Buff mobs HP by 50% and their damage by 200/300% so we actually have to use our abilities.

Not sure if trolling or serious..
Good for those who never played.

Bad for those with 15 alts, which honestly isnt the crowd blizzard should look after.
07/17/2018 07:15 PMPosted by Andrea
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You realize fast leveling is a modern “feature” of WoW right? It should never have been that way to begin with. You really don’t need all those alts anyway.

You realize RAF no longer furnishes a 300% leveling perk, right?

Now just 50%
07/17/2018 07:02 PMPosted by Grazda

You realize they removed RaF levelling right?
Hey.

What if you, ya know, leveled from quests?

If you don't want to quest buy a boost.
07/17/2018 07:19 PMPosted by Cyrille

You realize you are wrong, right? https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/11009
07/17/2018 07:13 PMPosted by Flarecrown
There's like a 3000+ post or something about dungeon exp nerf that has gone ignored by Blizz since 7.3.5 hit.

They don't care. It's as simple as that. They are a business that's out to make money, NOT help us. I wish it weren't so, but it is. They don't care, and it's depressingly pathetic.

The thread you're referring to is "XP TO DUNGEONS" that was a sticky started by Blizzard themselves acknowledging a "BUG"(s) post 7.3.5 and asked for feedback from us players in which a lot of feedback was given and even some GREAT ideas that could make the entire player base happy however Blizzard ignored the players feedback, unstickied it and a lot of us that gave feedback have been trying to keep it going.

Some have said that it is only a containment thread meant for those that knew what was happening could post and then Blizzard could delete it and not have to worry about thread after thread coming up.

The thread eventually became a "Toxic" thread with useless feedback but if you look at the lower page #'s you will see some really good ideas.
07/17/2018 07:18 PMPosted by Velara

Umm, what? How is that an argument against his point? Half of wows popularity was that it was much faster to level. Hell, they had bonus exp... that wasn't a thing, really, until WoW. The only reason they are slowing it down is to increase sales, otherwise they would also limit being able to buy tokens till 60 or 55. This is purely a business decision. People defending this, literally sound like shills, and I dont even alt.

07/17/2018 07:21 PMPosted by Kanosei

You realize you are wrong, right? https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/11009

It was 300% for a very long time.
07/17/2018 06:46 PMPosted by Sinelus
This better be a damn bug! If it's intended...I can see why. They want people in warmode questing to try and "populate" warmode...and this pisses me off bad. I want to curse out whoever made this decision. Lets start a petition to reverse this and show how much we LOVE dungeon spamming path to level up. Forcing warmode questing on us or buying a boost is a joke.

I... what?

I'm not sure whether or not to be amused because your first thought wasn't immediately about selling more boosts... or to surprised your first thought wasn't immediately about selling more boosts.

I'm so used to people using anything to do with leveling as a boost-selling argument that I... I don't know what to do with your post.
07/17/2018 07:20 PMPosted by Gryth
Hey.

What if you, ya know, leveled from quests?

If you don't want to quest buy a boost.

Or nah

dungeons were great to break up the monotony of questing. They built off of eachother.
07/17/2018 07:16 PMPosted by Velara
VOTE with your wallet

It's the only thing these mooks understand

Amen Velara,

Good to see you!
maybe they are preparing retail players for vanilla? in vanilla it takes forever to finish a dungeon and you get almost no XP and there are no XP bonus at all (it doesnt exist :D )
Leveling needed to be more difficult and meaningful...

But way faster. Not slower.

Should be able to do 1-60 by full clearing five or six regions.
So from that link i went as far as
"The dungeon exp bonus now lists as a reward that will only happen once per week."
ive been leveling now for a couple of weeks and its been saying that. Still got the reward each time i queud.. feels the same as always

only differnce is now max lvl characters cant power lvl people.. this was more than likely done to combat the powerlvling services people were charging an obscene amount of money for
i agree 100% man, i have 13 characters on korialstrasz, and i wanted the nightborne robe transmog, was like cool man i am going to level a character, i got to 62 and just stopped. they are simply trying to bring it back in line with what the classic server is going to be like. and seriously after years of leveling characters. i just can't do it anymore not with the way xp has been done.

07/17/2018 07:18 PMPosted by Velara

Why would that negate the fact that the 300% leveling perk was in the game for about 10 years? The removal you're referring to is in fact the modern change.