Leveling is a joke now..

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
07/19/2018 01:03 AMPosted by Casina
A healers job is to heal a group, learn to keep an eye on them etc

How exactly do you learn that from question when all you do is DPS?

There are plenty of tools in game to learn how to be a healer. From reading tooltips to the proving grounds. This seems more of a case of you needing to git gud.

The answer you don't. New leveling system only gvies you dungeons once a week for leveling.

You could try reading your abilities, and then using common sense.

Last night I was able to run ramparts and furnace multiple times (3 times for ramparts and 2 times for furnace) with my guild. Each time I was able to get xp. You do know that you can queue up for them manually and for most dungeons at low level you could even run to the portal entrance.
07/19/2018 01:16 AMPosted by Gulg
Just saw this thread, so I'll just copy and paste what I said in the other thread about leveling:

As it stands, leveling in the post-squish BfA world feels overly difficult and overly unrewarding. Tedious doesn't even being to describe it.

If Blizzard wants to keep the challenge of leveling intact, then they need to buff the XP gain from quests and monsters in order to make it feel rewarding. But if they don't want to buff the XP gain, then they need to nerf the difficulty in order to compensate for that. It's really as simple as that. And before anybody else suggests it, I will say that in my experience, increased/improved quest rewards don't feel nearly as rewarding as the feeling of leveling up after overcoming a challenge.

My worry is that people will not want to level any characters at all once they realize how tedious the experience is. At that point, they're forced to stick with the character(s) they've already leveled, or quit playing the game. And this is from the perspective of someone who is looking to level an alt. Imagine how brand new players must feel! Let's say they squandered their free level boost, and they decide to try and level up another class. Well, they have to start over from scratch, and with no heirlooms. They will likely be overwhelmed, and not in a good way.

Blizzard, please increase the XP gain from leveling. We need it.

I agree 100%. I used to love leveling, and I used to be a very fast leveler. (Had no life in my teens :P) I've leveled 30+ chars to 80+, 25 90+ and like 15 100+. It was just fun to me. I literally can't find a single piece of fun right now playing anything besides a 110. It's depressing.
stat squish was not needed it causes more problems than it does solutions.

If they kept the stats as is and people start critting for insane amounts then fine...who cares if the numbers are inflated. If/when we start hitting for billions you can just do what D3 did and use smaller damage numbers...so instead of a crit showing 1 000 000 000 you can just reduce it to 1b

I know why they did it but was it necessary? absolutely not...not worth everything wrong that came after the squish
Changes like this make me think there is a guy saying "They love how long it takes to level in vanilla, let's give them that!"

Stop. This isn't the same thing blizzard :(
I tried levelling my rogue in Pandaria today, I saw a rare my level and tried to kill it.

It one shot me, and then I saw it had FIFTY THOUSAND HP.

Quality squish.
07/19/2018 01:18 AMPosted by Hellasha
A healers job is to heal a group, learn to keep an eye on them etc

How exactly do you learn that from question when all you do is DPS?

There are plenty of tools in game to learn how to be a healer. From reading tooltips to the proving grounds. This seems more of a case of you needing to git gud.

The answer you don't. New leveling system only gvies you dungeons once a week for leveling.

You could try reading your abilities, and then using common sense.

Last night I was able to run ramparts and furnace multiple times (3 times for ramparts and 2 times for furnace) with my guild. Each time I was able to get xp. You do know that you can queue up for them manually and for most dungeons at low level you could even run to the portal entrance.

You could also use LFD, it is pointless for those couple of bars however.

I honestly don't care what you are doing the way you care what I am doing. You care that last patch I was leveling quickly and enjoying it, I don't care that you are leveling slowly Blizzard actually provides the ability to disable XP gain.

The translation of your post essentially is you don't need to learn your roll/class just read the descriptions and use your common sense.

Funny that you and people like you just a few days ago argued you needed a long process of leveling to learn your class.

So which is it you need long leveling to learn your class or it is all common sense and you don't need to level in dungeons/with group all you need is to be doing solo DPS?
07/19/2018 01:32 AMPosted by Casina
Funny that you and people like you just a few days ago argued you needed a long process of leveling to learn your class.

I said no such thing. You really should avoid putting words in other peoples mouth.

So which is it you need long leveling to learn your class or it is all common sense and you don't need to level in dungeons/with group all you need is to be doing solo DPS?

Depends on the person, though for the most part no you don't need to level in dungeons to learn how to use your abilities. Most of the people I know were able to figure out their abilities while leveling simply by reading the tooltip and using them. In the case of healers, they used the abilities to heal themselves (yes, imagine that you can cast those healing spells on yourself! It's amazing you should try it sometime.)

Other times, guildmates would ask in guild chat if anyone would like to team up. To each their own though I guess.
07/19/2018 01:39 AMPosted by Hellasha

I said no such thing. You really should avoid putting words in other peoples mouth.

Depends on the person, though for the most part no you don't need to level in dungeons to learn how to use your abilities. Most of the people I know were able to figure out their abilities while leveling simply by reading the tooltip and using them. In the case of healers, they used the abilities to heal themselves (yes, imagine that you can cast those healing spells on yourself! It's amazing you should try it sometime.)

Other times, guildmates would ask in guild chat if anyone would like to team up. To each their own though I guess.

In other words you don't need to have a long leveling experience to learn how to play your class thanks for admitting that and because the end game is the actual real game it shouldn't be tedious to get there.

Classic will be tedious and long no reason to ruin the main game when classic servers will be available.
They want things to take longer than they need to so it keeps you busy. It's the illusion of content. If you can just level and get gear, you don't need to grind and paying on a monthly basis seems a big unnecessary.

Of course, they offer you a way around this for the small price of an entire new video game. Leveling became noticeably less enjoyable when they added the way to bypass it entirely, it's not a coincidence.

They managed to ruin multiple entire battlegrounds and make legacy raiding way more of a chore yet they have the audacity to make us wait another week for any actual content. World Of Chorecraft: Battle to Hold My Interest is not looking good at all so far
Tanaan Jungle is hell. I turned off exp on this guy a few weels ago, bought all the level 101 Legion twink gear for overpowered fun and was going to go through WoD to catch up on all the things I missed. I could handle anything solo. After the patch I tried my luck on three regular (non-elite) orcs walking around the road outside Vol'mar. I died. I strictly can only do one regular mob at a time now. I can't imagine what a level 100 without the twink gear would even do in that zone. Oh, and Savage Blood trapping is impossible. I have less than 17,000 health and the elite mobs to trap have close to 100,000. I'm not going to try to get together a five man group to trap them. Think I'll go play single player games for a few weeks to see if they fix this mess. Otherwise, they can keep BFA (haven't bought it yet).
I don't get why they thought leveling scaling needed to get grouped with xp per level nerfs, dungeon xp gain nerfs and heirloom thrashing.

The game isn't that enjoyable leveling up after doing it once, and even saying it's enjoyable the first time anymore is probably a stretch.
07/18/2018 08:10 PMPosted by Zäeon
Blizz already admitted the stat squish wasnt done right. Its on front page MMO. Here ya go.

“Stat & Spell Squish Impacts”
There are multiple issues with legacy spells & monsters scaling incorrectly.

I don't know why when you do a "squish" at this scale (NON LINEARLY) you would expect linear results. Does anyone who works at blizzard have a math degree?
07/19/2018 01:43 AMPosted by Casina
In other words you don't need to have a long leveling experience to learn how to play your class thanks for admitting that and because the end game is the actual real game it shouldn't be tedious to get there.

There you go putting words in peoples mouth again.

The begins at lvl 1, levels 1-110 (soon 120) are just as important to the game as the raids and dungeons. The changes fixed the problems with leveling. You have options for skipping to the end if you want. But it sounds like a mmo might not be for you.
1-59 is perfect. 60-80 needs some more tuning while 81-110 is fine imo
Keep the tedious level grind and nostalgic difficulty in the Classic servers, please.
07/18/2018 11:18 PMPosted by Hellasha
07/18/2018 10:48 PMPosted by Näglfär
but if you think this is a positive leveling experience I call BS.

For me it is positive. One-shoting everything was stupid and a terrible experience. Actually having to pay attention to what I'm doing and having to actually use more then one ability has been great.

My level 52 Lightforged Priest took 3 minutes to kill a Vile Tutor in Eastern Plaguelands. It kept using an ability that gave it 3k hp absorb shield as well as physical and magical damage resistance. It also lasted its full 30 sec duration allowing him to just refresh it the moment it went down.

Now this would not have been anywhere near as long if it was like before the pre-patch, where I killed mobs in 4-5 hits instead of 8-12.
07/19/2018 02:58 AMPosted by Elenazensh
My level 52 Lightforged Priest took 3 minutes to kill a Vile Tutor in Eastern Plaguelands.

The shadow shield spell can be dispelled. Taking three minutes seems more of a you problem then a problem with the game.
Figures leveling would get broken AFTER I unlock new races T_T.
I’m a sad elf.
07/19/2018 03:29 AMPosted by Hellasha
07/19/2018 02:58 AMPosted by Elenazensh
My level 52 Lightforged Priest took 3 minutes to kill a Vile Tutor in Eastern Plaguelands.

The shadow shield spell can be dispelled. Taking three minutes seems more of a you problem then a problem with the game.

Dispel is level 56. 4 levels away. It is why I mentioned my level.