Group former RPPVP servers for Warmode

General Discussion
Title says it all. Currently, RP servers (Including those of us who were RP PVP) are only able to play with our own server with Warmode on.

While Emerald Dream currently has a rather healthy population, you're taking a single server's playerbase and splitting it in two, and telling me I can only play with the portion of people with warmode on when I do world content.

I originally joined Emerald Dream because it was a new type of server I figured would have a much more diverse group of players, and I was right. From the RPers and their guild marches through the cities, to an extensive and vibrant world pvp community, and even some high end raiding groups, we have it all. On top of that, a huge portion was the fact that it was a high population server, and I didn't start playing WoW to play alone.

But warmode has clearly been designed with multiple server populations in mind, and I don't want to see a sparse, underpopulated world because I'm sitting on the pvp minded population of a single server.

If not, then at least give us free server transfers for people who want active world pvp.
I still think if we give it a couple weeks it will be bit better, with so many inactive till BFA. But I really would not mind us being grouped with Ravenholdt, Twisting Nether....as long as they keep us off Tich WRA illidan bleeding hallow shards.

07/19/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Sundermoon
Title says it all. Currently, RP servers (Including those of us who were RP PVP) are only able to play with our own server with Warmode on.
EDers were really vocal about wanted all RP realms to be on their own, we hate off realm people on ED...at least us RPers do
07/19/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Aglaica
I still think if we give it a couple weeks it will be bit better, with so many inactive till BFA. But I really would not mind us being grouped with Ravenholdt, Twisting Nether....as long as they keep us off Tich WRA illidan bleeding hallow shards.

07/19/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Sundermoon
EDers were really vocal about wanted all RP realms to be on their own, we hate off realm people on ED...at least us RPers do

I can understand the RPers on the server wanting just our own server. But for the pvp crowd, it feels really rough knowing that any lull in content will result in us being in a dead world.

I think a compromise needs to be reached somewhere.
I have seen plenty of people out PvP'ing on ED, but it's mostly concentrated to the areas outside the capital cities. I think people are still getting a feel for the new class design... War Mode will be less of a zergfest and more frequent skirmishes out in Kul Tiras and Zandalar.

Be that as it may, it does make sense to me that all the realms that were previously RP-PvP be set up to CRZ with one-another. Pretty sure that War Mode on realms like Moon Guard and Wyrmrest Accord is completely dead, considering I've seen people from those realms getting CRZed over to ED by their ED friends adding them to groups.

Personally I'd prefer making Emerald Dream/Lightninghoof/Maelstrom/Venture Company/Ravenholdt/Twisting Nether a single Connected Realm, so that all the people who had originally signed up for the RP-PvP experience can continue to get it.

I know there are some people who enjoy a "low population" MMORPG environment though.
After the Horde raids on ED camping hopes landing and Silithus for a month you'll be hard pressed to find people to turn on War mode Alliance side currently. Also most people don't know it is off by default.
I'm transferred from ED to MG over a year ago to get more RP in the cities. RPPVP servers are the best. But now I'm thinking of going to a former PVP server to get some War mode action.
07/19/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Aglaica

I like off-realm people as long as they're from RP realms.

I think part of the dislike for off-realm people developed due to huge crowds of people from PvP-only realms who had zero interest in RP (and many who were vocally there to grief RPers) coming in and forming huge zerg guilds to ruin RP events.

You wouldn't get that sort of thing from RP realms... it's a different crowd. I think it's important to draw the distinction and not just throw everyone into the same bucket.
07/19/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Aotabo
After the Horde raids on ED camping hopes landing and Silithus for a month you'll be hard pressed to find people to turn on War mode Alliance side currently. Also most people don't know it is off by default.

The way it was implemented wasn't particularly intuitive... they could have made a quick, easy and rewarding quest to go talk to the military commander in Stormwind or Orgrimmar to get some quick knowledge on War Mode and how to turn it on.
07/19/2018 09:33 AMPosted by Sundermoon
I can understand the RPers on the server wanting just our own server. But for the pvp crowd, it feels really rough knowing that any lull in content will result in us being in a dead world.
But see, to me, if the pvp crowd is not RPers too....there are realms for them (just my thoughts on the matter as a RPPVP person)
07/19/2018 09:48 AMPosted by Nearo

The way it was implemented wasn't particularly intuitive... they could have made a quick, easy and rewarding quest to go talk to the military commander in Stormwind or Orgrimmar to get some quick knowledge on War Mode and how to turn it on.

Nothing about this patch so far has been intuitive or well made.

They really should put something in there to show players who don't frequent the forums more about warmode.
07/19/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Sundermoon

They really should put something in there to show players who don't frequent the forums more about warmode.
yes they should
07/19/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Sundermoon

Yeah most people don't even read the patch notes, let alone the forums.
07/19/2018 10:01 AMPosted by Aglaica
07/19/2018 09:33 AMPosted by Sundermoon
But see, to me, if the pvp crowd is not RPers too....there are realms for them (just my thoughts on the matter as a RPPVP person)

Indeed, but if we're pulling from the same playerbase as the pvp servers, I think we're at least on a middle ground of RP vs dead world. (Not dead now, quite active in fact, but I still hate the idea of zones being comprised of half the population of one server)
Darn

I was hoping that the Warmode shards for RP realms would be balanced numberwise the same way the PVE system is. Server based PVP has long been a story of Alliance domination on my server.

Right, but at the very least that shouldn't matter anymore. I want RP and PVP, but if PVP suffers because we are holding onto strict server phasing rules for RP then I think we should consider War Mode phases a place to focus on PvP, and maybe large RP-PvP events. Then we can turn off war mode to focus on our more concentrated RP events. There's flexibility in this system that we can take advantage of.
07/19/2018 03:16 PMPosted by Balanor

Right, but at the very least that shouldn't matter anymore. I want RP and PVP, but if PVP suffers because we are holding onto strict server phasing rules for RP then I think we should consider War Mode phases a place to focus on PvP, and maybe large RP-PvP events. Then we can turn off war mode to focus on our more concentrated RP events. There's flexibility in this system that we can take advantage of.

This. Much better option than living with half a server population.

You do know the correct answer is to clear them out and camp them in return, right?

That is the ED way.
I highly urge Blizzard to merge the War Mode shards for RP servers so that we have a robust population to play with.

You can’t cut our same server population in half (unflagged and War Mode) and think everything is dandy.
07/19/2018 08:15 PMPosted by Sakhari

You do know the correct answer is to clear them out and camp them in return, right?

That is the ED way.

And it's what makes ED great!
No thanks. Emerald Dream can keep its multiboxed gankers, and people who like that sort of stuff can go there. Keep Maelstrom separate please. Low pop PvP is more fun than medium/high pop PvP.

If we really want more people in warmode - and I don't think we're far enough along in the expansion to know yet - we should just make RPPVP realms warmode only.