BM Mage Tower

General Discussion
How hard is it? So I've been thinking about what skins I want and to be honest all the hunter ones suck, but that being said I kinda want to play BM in BFA really just because I miss having a pet(lol). Any way, how hard is it? I've only done the Demon Hunter dps one so far, because I'm not a fan of most of the skins because of the classes I leveled to 110.
The bow in BFA warfronts > every hunter artifact appearance in Legion. I've no idea why those skins went live as they were. All were awful.

Hell the PvP honor bow from WoD looks better than all of them.
I did it a while back in low 900’s and pretty much ignored everything except felburst I think that was his nuke.
It's one of the easiest ones. It's doable at extremely low ilevels if you have a healing legendary. You should be fine at your ilevel without one. Just need to rotate Counter Shot & Freezing Trap with Intimidation as a backup for the Fel Burst.
S

07/13/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Phararia
The bow in BFA warfronts > every hunter artifact appearance in Legion. I've no idea why those skins went live as they were. All were awful.

Second this
Probably the easiest one. If you have the healing legendary legs you can ignore pretty much everything and only interrupt felburst.
07/13/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Aendorel
How hard is it? So I've been thinking about what skins I want and to be honest all the hunter ones suck, but that being said I kinda want to play BM in BFA really just because I miss having a pet(lol). Any way, how hard is it? I've only done the Demon Hunter dps one so far, because I'm not a fan of most of the skins because of the classes I leveled to 110.

The only real challenge is that you need to rotate in Freezing Trap as an interrupt periodically, which can be a bit hard to aim really quickly, as it has a slight delay before firing off, and reticles can be hard to line up in the heat of the moment. Using an @cursor macro will help. Otherwise, Tulgar is one of the easiest mage tower challenges once you learn the mechanics.
07/13/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Goldsnare
The only real challenge is that you need to rotate in Freezing Trap as an interrupt periodically

I just did it last night and never did this. I just let me pet eat the ones I couldn't stop. Took me about 5 tries before I got used to the stuff going on. Though I am in my "stand in the bad" gear, so that helped a bit.
Alternatively, opposed to Freezing Trap. You can use a pet with Shell Shield(50% reduction). This allows you to rotate between using Counter Shot, Shell Shield and Misdirection(this gives 35% damage reduction via traits).

Intimidation is good too. Though it just depends on your preference.

Be careful about doing damage to Tugar too fast though, you need the worm to hit the spikes when hes burrowed to remove his armor. But at your item level, honestly you shouldn't have any trouble.

Interrupting Fel Blast and killing Fel Totems(make a /target macro if need be) and...that's basically 90% of the fight.
Cool I will try it when I get home from Work. Need to get some relics for my gun. I'm sure it has zero in it. I don't have any healing legendaries. To be honest I didn't know those existed.
Cool I will try it when I get home from Work. Need to get some relics for my gun. I'm sure it has zero in it. I don't have any healing legendaries. To be honest I didn't know those existed.
The only issue I had with it was my pet could not ever get threat and if I used feign death, everything would despawn until I left and started over. The one time I beat it was the one and only time my pet could get threat. It is very easy, especially if you have the healing pants and a macro for the totems.
07/13/2018 09:13 AMPosted by Celevra
S

Second this

I’ll third this. Hunter MT weapon skins are so bad it is like they forgot them two days before live and Clark in accounting had to stay the weekend and make them real quick.
I did it and I had Roots of Shaladrassil and Prydaz. Took me like 4 tries, but honestly it was VERY easy. I ignored the majority of mechanics and just burst on Tugar until he was dead. Takes very little time to accomplish this. Just obey the mechanics that can kill you.

Though your ilvl is lower than mine you should have zero problems trying to get it.

PS Edit - I did watch a couple of videos on Youtube with patch 7.3.5 and a couple that i watched were the ones who said just to burst on Tugar and then kill the worm. Either have Drums or Core Hound pets for lust and Core Hounds also have the molten skin thing that damages those who hit it which makes it an ideal pet to do the challenge with in Tenacity spec.

Side note: BM Artifact appearances are either underwhelming (Balance of Power gun), or just hideous (Hidden Artifact appearance - seriously what were they thinking with this look? Let's punish BM Hunters even more in Legion?)
07/13/2018 09:29 AMPosted by Aendorel

You might need one for phase 2...

The only good one (imo) is the MM crossbow which matches my tmog, but Ill never be able to use...
BM is the easiest tower of all. I 1 shot it with no healing legendaries. Killed the work before drums even wore off
Try saving your defenses when you are getting comboed by abilities like Npc casting killer spell+ totem stun + wurm scream+ dot ticking on you.... yeah all that together

If it happens two or three times due to bad rng you will have to probably retry it..
If you watch every video on that challenge some of them completed with it never happening or only once.

I did the challenge twice with it never happening and its easy pesy when it goes smoothly like that. :)
I just did this for the hell of it and found out that if you have the Apex ring that gives your pet all the abilities, the health of it means that it can and will eat Fel Burst every single time and never die. All you have to do is cast mend pet on it, that's it. It completely trivializes the fight.

If you don't have it you have to rotate cooldowns to deal with Fel Burst, which isn't easy but isn't really hard either.
BM challenge is a complete joke. Macro it = easy win.