Void Knights

General Discussion
Should Umbric find a Dark Naaru, and with the help of Alleria subdue it to allow his followers to suck the void for use as Paladins?

We could even recycle all of the old masters of the light quests that the Blood Elves did in Burning Crusade before patch 2.4 and give them to the Void Knights harnessing the void from a naaru?
Whatever the story behind it, please let it happen. And DK VEs as well. Seriously, combining the edgiest race with the edgiest class = mega edge xD It just fits the look/feel so well!
Lore wise I dig it but it wouldnt work in game. The issue being you would have to give custom spell animations and special effects only usable to a single race/class combo. Yes you can recycle all the paladin stats but that is a lot of work to give a single race something like that.

Just think, they didnt give sunwalkers special spell animations and effects and this would be even more work.
I dont think you can still be a paladin and wield pure shadow magic. A void paladin is basically a death knight, as void is shadow.
I'm actually surprised by the interest of Void Elf Paladins. I didn't think I would see the request pop up as often as it does! Nice to see though, even if it may not come to pass.
07/14/2018 12:00 AMPosted by Casina
Should Umbric find a Dark Naaru, and with the help of Alleria subdue it to allow his followers to suck the void for use as Paladins?

We could even recycle all of the old masters of the light quests that the Blood Elves did in Burning Crusade before patch 2.4 and give them to the Void Knights harnessing the void from a naaru?

But void elves have already absorbed void energy. So absorbing more make them more voidy?
I'd like that, but I think Void Knight would work better as a new class, even if it'd be yet another melee class added to the game lol.

Have it wear plate, akin to a battlemage, but with void magic instead of arcane

3 specs--

Inquisitor: Sword & board dps, semi-range presence
Shadowguard: Tank, not really sure what playstyle
Phantom: 2h DPS which focuses on illusions, swapping locations, brief stealth application

edit: Obvious race being void elf, I think this sort of class could only work on them. Don't think any horde equivalent would be very fitting.
07/14/2018 12:17 AMPosted by Japheth
I'd like that, but I think Void Knight would work better as a new class, even if it'd be yet another melee class added to the game lol.

3 specs--

Phantom: 2h DPS which focuses on illusions, swapping locations, brief stealth application

This makes more sense but what races?
There's 3 potential ways of making them:

1. Warlock green fire style visual effect change for paladins.

2. Fourth spec for paladins. Basically mirroring the logic of the priest on paladins.

3. Entirely new class.

Really, any of these would be really cool as far as I'm concerned.
One of the few times a person's idea is well thought out and simple. I like it.

However I think the next class should be Dark Ranger. Really Hunter is the only class that doesn't have an "alternative".

Casters have Mage, Warlock, Boomkin, Shadow Priest, Ele Shaman
Melee have (too many to mention)
Range (physical dps) have nothing other than hunter

I know Dark Rangers are a mix but seriously no other "range class" has a mix. Think DKs, DHs, Enhance Shamans, Paladins, etc.

Dark Ranger to me at least is the most logical required next new class besides a Bard class which has also been highly requested. Dark Rangers make more sense to me though.

Anyway even if Dark Rangers don't become the next new class I hope we can get a new ranged mixed class.

/end lighthearted rant
The problem with Dark Ranger is how will you give them to alliance? I think Tinker makes the most sense for the next class. Has faction balance built right in
07/14/2018 12:33 AMPosted by Sorrowweaver
One of the few times a person's idea is well thought out and simple. I like it.

However I think the next class should be Dark Ranger. Really Hunter is the only class that doesn't have an "alternative".

Casters have Mage, Warlock, Boomkin, Shadow Priest, Ele Shaman
Melee have (too many to mention)
Range (physical dps) have nothing other than hunter

I know Dark Rangers are a mix but seriously no other "range class" has a mix. Think DKs, DHs, Enhance Shamans, Paladins, etc.

Dark Ranger to me at least is the most logical required next new class besides a Bard class which has also been highly requested. Dark Rangers make more sense to me though.

Anyway even if Dark Rangers don't become the next new class I hope we can get a new ranged mixed class.

/end lighthearted rant

In a perfect world, we'd be given undead dark rangers for horde, and voif elf void knights for alliance in the expansion after BFA
07/14/2018 12:34 AMPosted by Tresska
The problem with Dark Ranger is how will you give them to alliance? I think Tinker makes the most sense for the next class. Has faction balance built right in

Sorry for double post, but I don't think you could, in fact I think only forsaken should ever have that class
07/14/2018 12:38 AMPosted by Japheth
07/14/2018 12:34 AMPosted by Tresska

Sorry for double post, but I don't think you could, in fact I think only forsaken should ever have that class
yeah, thats kinda my point. Blizz is never going to do the Paladin v Shaman thing again.

Any class they introduce has to be playable on both sides.
07/14/2018 12:42 AMPosted by Tresska
07/14/2018 12:38 AMPosted by Japheth

yeah, thats kinda my point. Blizz is never going to do the Paladin v Shaman thing again.

Any class they introduce has to be playable on both sides.

Yeah sadly that's true, that's why I mention in a 'perfect world' we would have two classes released in a single expansion (and hopefully balanced)- but I have a pretty pessimistic attitude toward blizzard and acknowledge they'd never be able to pull it off
My personal opinion is that Void Elves should be moved to being a Neutral Allied Race in a similar vein to the Pandaren. Its the individual Void Elves choice on which faction they would seek shelter with. As either faction has a section that does not agree with them anyways (not to mention I bet Sylvanas would love to have an extra "arrow in her quiver" of allies).

If you did this then you could have void versions of most classes and it would be available for both factions.

In place of Void Elves for the Alliance have the High Elves take their place. This way as a new class you could bring in the Spellbreakers from WC3. As a ranged glaive throwing class for both Horde and Alliance, as both the Blood Elves and High Elves would be the suppliers. Not as long range as Hunters, more of a mid range class, but would be effective at helping deal with all the magic damage bosses tend to throw out, wearing heavier armor then basic hunters.

If you wanted even more ranged options... Sentinels for the Night Elves, another Glaive throwing class, and Troll throwers that can throw Axes or Spears.

There is also the option of the Engineer theme'd Tinker class for Gnomes and Goblins.

I think it would be nice to have some race/faction specific classes. As long as there is some ability to use the gear drops regardless of faction. Such as why the Spellbreakers throwing glaives like Sentinels would. Not to mention Spellbreakers basically used a modified glaive throw in WC3 anyways.
I would just give Void Elves Paladins. This could be done by introducing a second generation of Void Elves, one that more closely resembles Alleria and masters the Void to the point where they can use the Light in some capacity.

We could use Arator the Redeemer, having the desire to bridge his parents and their opposite energy alignments to create a balance, aiding the Void Elves as a whole to discover a way to use the Light.

This would be another route to give Alliance non-convential Paladins.
07/14/2018 12:17 AMPosted by Japheth

3 specs--

edit: Obvious race being void elf, I think this sort of class could only work on them. Don't think any horde equivalent would be very fitting.

I kinda dig this idea actually. To differentiate it a bit I'd make it a mail class(and give shaman the ability to tank back so mail tanking armor would be a thing). Instead of shields(the physical buckler/heater types), use offhand foci to generate magical void shields for the tank spec, dual wield melee dps spec with only swords and daggers as options, and a ranged dps spec utilizing wands since those look like they might be making a comeback.

Embrace the whole warmage theme centered around void, arcane, and physical.

Available races:
Void Elf
Forsaken
Kul'Tiran
Nightborne
Darkspear
Worgen
If this happens the population ratio would be 1 Ally:1 Horde:1Belf:1Velf

Ha!
Would rather a new class "Void Knight" that is a sword/board hybrid melee caster.