WoW and Hackers

General Discussion
I've played a lot of games and a LOT of games have hackers. Rainbow Six: Siege is having a bit of an hacking epidemic at the moment and it got me thinking, why does every Blizzard game never have a hacking problem? I've just never seen it. No matter what Blizzard game I play. Thoughts?
They have hacking detection that would ban the person. They record just about everything your toon does so if anything too crazy happens it usually sets off a flag.

HOWEVER WoW does have:

Bots that farm mats, pvp, level, etc.
People who DDOS RBGs
People who Dupe items
People who exploit gold glitches.
People who exploit boss glitches.
Overwatch had an issue a while back where there were aim bots that looked for the outline of red around other players to shoot at that red when spotted giving them a 95% accuracy. I think Blizzard counteracted this by placing that same red on objects and changing the color around players ever so slightly with an alternating color that the human eye wouldn't pick up.
07/07/2018 08:05 PMPosted by Noolore
I've played a lot of games and a LOT of games have hackers. Rainbow Six: Siege is having a bit of an hacking epidemic at the moment and it got me thinking, why does every Blizzard game never have a hacking problem? I've just never seen it. No matter what Blizzard game I play. Thoughts?

You didn't play Legion when it first released.

It was so bad on Illidan I couldn't even do the herbalism questline as there was a literal horde of flyhacking bots on wyverns running on air between each nodes in stacks of 10-15.

It was absolutely ridiculous. If my last SSD hadn't died I'd have an entire album of pictures to show
If you mean gameplay hacking, it's honestly not too feasible to even hack some of their games. I don't even know what you'd do in Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm gives you an accuracy bonus at best but can still easily die.

The biggest advantage you could get by hacking would be Overwatch for aimbot which also happens to be the game who has shown to take the biggest stance and deliver the harshest punishments for hacking.

More minor things you probably just never notice. You'll know when someone is hacking in a shooter because they do irregular things, but you can't tell when someone is duping items in their inventory.

There have been plenty of hackers and botters / scripters, you used to be unable to do rated bg's without running into a group of scripting warlocks, kick botters and fly hacking / no clipping druids.

Also does anyone remember those gold selling bots that spelled out the name of their service in the air with flying level 1's?
I rem when the expat first released lol yea.... but compared to other games I don’t see a lot of hacking going on
Botting has been an extreme problem in PvP in the past. From interrupting spell casting before the bar even appears, to placing healing orbs automatically to basically just playing your entire class (warlocks in WoD). MoP and WoD, especially in RBGs were a bot nightmare. Speed hacks have also existed in the past. It wasn't uncommon in the old days to have a WSG end in a few minutes because someone grabbed the flag and capped 5 seconds later after basically teleporting across the map.

However, Blizzard has been very harsh lately and Warden has gotten better at detecting most of the common stuff. They've also sued some bot makers out of business. So it doesn't happen as often anymore. But it did.

If I remember, Diablo 3 had a huge problem with this. Then the Gold Farmers would start adding you as friends even in WoW and harass you there. But I also remember the hacking problems in WoW, hence them making the account authenticators.
Well, do you guys see hackers and botters in the same light? Granted their both bad for the community but they're a different breed, no?
i have only seen it in bgs or wpvp,like the druid i seen in flight form carrying the wsg flag back to his base.
07/07/2018 08:11 PMPosted by Uriél
They have hacking detection that would ban the person. They record just about everything your toon does so if anything too crazy happens it usually sets off a flag.

HOWEVER WoW does have:

Bots that farm mats, pvp, level, etc.
People who DDOS RBGs
People who Dupe items
People who exploit gold glitches.
People who exploit boss glitches.

I wouldn't call the last 2 hacks though. Duping was a big problem in Phantasy Star Online.