REQUEST: stop punishing "everyone"

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6
07/12/2018 07:14 AMPosted by Áysha
scalling and leveling changes were made just to make us take longer to level, nothing else, no gameplay or roleplay reasons, they did it close to the release of the first few allied races because they knew people would want to level them and by forcing all this people to take longer doing that they either make more money with gametime or with character level boosts.

They can lie all they want, this particular change was not for gameplay improvement or anything like that, it was all about the money :P

There was a gameplay reason...gameplay blew chunks. My drinking bird could level me while I slept. The hardest part about dungeons was keeping up with the tank who was soloing it with auto-run on.

Now, you can argue that what they did wasn't the best solution, but I'm glad they did something.
Oh man, I can hardly stand the frailty in here.

This game has like 6 expansion dumped on top of an old engine, I think it's about time things were retuned / modified to make a solid experience throughout.

Just because you could mash your way through a bunch of untuned forgotten content last year doesn't mean it was good.
Tuesday gonna be an interesting day for the forums, as patch 8.0 will only exacerbate / compound a lot of these issues... I'm betting a lot of uninformed casuals aren't gonna be too happy with how slow and clunky their class "suddenly" plays.

Dungeons and LFR certainly gonna be a mess until casuals and randoms adapt to the new changes. They might have to *gasp!*... wait until the tank gets a few hits on the mobs before they unload all their burst.
07/10/2018 01:12 PMPosted by Norwegian
Blizzard wont admit leveling is empty and that they removed too much from the old game because then they would have to admit they were wrong.

Maybe some day one of their devs will level their 10th alt and realize what a snoozefest leveling has become (i'm not even talking about the speed)
All the concerns stated by the op are valid and not whims and their adress is specific and precise. Specially the guild master loot one which has been the source of many fights and toxic practises by stupid entitled guild masters.
07/10/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Odurren
When blizzard or any corporation does things that this that affect everyone they’ve for the past several months accumulated enough data or have found an overwhelming amount that show the same concerns, thus making the change.

And yet this is the exact opposite of what happened with max level flight. Blizzard changed it and tried to stick with the change despite strong opposing feedback until their Polygon interview lit a spark and they were finally forced to backpedal - at which point they only backpedaled as little as possible.

Companies don't always listen to feedback, especially when the feedback is going against what they want to happen. Battlefront II was "gamble to win" up until the last minute before launch when that controversy caught fire, but I promise you, it's not as if players' disdain for RNG lootboxes was hard to find before then.
07/13/2018 06:37 AMPosted by Secede

This game has like 6 expansion dumped on top of an old engine, I think it's about time things were retuned / modified to make a solid experience throughout.

Just because you could mash your way through a bunch of untuned forgotten content last year doesn't mean it was good.

It's as if nobody remembers that the reason WoW was so popular in the first place was because of its ease of gameplay compared to the other popular MMOs at the time. Even now, you can go back and play the other games and they are significantly more difficult. (Think Everquest.)

Making it more difficult was not the answer.
07/10/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Zär
07/10/2018 01:17 PMPosted by Ragingcoup

If they took the forums seriously as the only venue of information, alliance would have high elves, ogres would be with the horde, death knights would have been deleted and flying would be unlocked for every area going forward.

And I can definitely say I won't miss how boring leveling was before they made it so I could level anywhere i wanted and not one shot all the mobs up until 90 or so lol.

I mean i don't get the DK part but everything else sounds kinda fun and like a good idea id go horde if i could be ogre mage.

I think what they are referring to is there was such an uproar over this class being put into the game, people that played were told to uninstall the game, myself included. So if these "players" got what they wanted this class would be removed, because reasons.
07/15/2018 10:49 AMPosted by Seranida
07/13/2018 06:37 AMPosted by Secede

It's as if nobody remembers that the reason WoW was so popular in the first place was because of its ease of gameplay compared to the other popular MMOs at the time. Even now, you can go back and play the other games and they are significantly more difficult. (Think Everquest.)

Making it more difficult was not the answer.

It's not that black and white.

People want a nice balance of difficulty in their games. WoW went and leaned so far over towards the easy side that people almost didn't actually play the game in a lot of cases.

One extreme might be better than the other, but neither extreme is good.
07/10/2018 01:10 PMPosted by Gdtroll
Alleged concern #2
"A few guilds and 'usual suspects' are stringing along their trial members / not giving them loot, abusing the master looter system, abusing split-runs, etc"
Blizz response
"Everyone" will be switched over to personal loot whether they like it or not, whether they want to or not

Sorry, but I'm going with Blizzard on this one. Any potential abuse of a system in this game, some players will try to do. Personal Loot is probably the best answer to it. I mean, they hide behind RNG now anyways, so it doesn't matter if it's personal loot or not anymore. The guilds that did this, got what they deserved in terms of Personal Loot.
07/10/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Thanatós
I can't tell the seriousness of OP's post due to his name.

But. Blizzard is a company none the less. It should have buisnessmen running the show. Not "player turned employee" that wants to make the game in their own image. Then no one gets a say.

Ian Hazzicdhdodjdl *cough*

I legit feel like he's the worst thing to happen to WoW since we lost Metzen
07/15/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Muazie
07/10/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Thanatós
I can't tell the seriousness of OP's post due to his name.

But. Blizzard is a company none the less. It should have buisnessmen running the show. Not "player turned employee" that wants to make the game in their own image. Then no one gets a say.

Ian Hazzicdhdodjdl *cough*

I legit feel like he's the worst thing to happen to WoW since we lost Metzen

Metzen was a decent voice actor, but some of his decisions for this game weren't really the best. Unless that was sarcasm.
alleged concern: a small percentage of aholes gank full time on pvp servers
Blizzards response: remove pvp servers.
i agree with op.
07/10/2018 02:13 PMPosted by Nayoren
However, there were a lot of contentious issues in WoD. Patch 6.1 brought twitter, garrison updates, and no new content. The game lacked any real content besides raiding and dungeons, and PvP if you liked it, while we were stuffed inside of facebook dungeons.

Q1 Reports, released May 5, 2015, indicate a drop of ~3 million subscribers from launch (10m > 7.1m). This is approximately 7 months after launch, with no new content having been released. Ion Hazz didn't announce no flying until May 22, 2015.

At that time they were stringing us along about flight, people kept asking when they kept dangling the proverbial carrot. People were unsubbing because of flying not being released even then, they were hinting at no flying from the start of the expac saying the content would be so engaging we wouldn't want to fly...
07/15/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Geesus
alleged concern: a small percentage of aholes gank full time on pvp servers
Blizzards response: remove pvp servers.
i agree with op.

While I hate the term "A few bad apples spoil the bunch", but in this case I would have to agree with Blizzard. When I was on a PvP Realm, my lowbies were constantly getting ganked that it felt like a good portion (not necessarily a majority mind you) of the server population was ganging up to make my leveling experience a nightmare.

I, at times, do like a bit of WPvP when I am in the mood, but getting ganked does not make me suddenly want to partake in WPvP. It just makes me feel like, "Ugh, lets get this over with so I can just get back to what I was doing."

Don't blame Blizzard, blame the jerks who made Blizzard do this. This is them saying, "Since we can't trust you to play nice with lowbies, we're gonna sit you in timeout." Unfortunately it also punishes people who may not be gankers, but overall I think it's better than how it has been.

I may give my Darkspear characters some love come 8.0, it has been a long time coming.
Let's add the recent removal of the (much loved) LFG "auto-accept" button to the list.

So the official story is that a few add-ons were somehow "exploiting" or "abusing" the auto-accept feature, and so "everyone" must now pay. Talk about excessive lol

Same pattern tho: there's a *small* problem with X? Their knee-jerk reaction is to use nuclear weapons on the issue, there is no middle ground at all.