Vrykul Allied Race

General Discussion
Do you think Kul'Tirans killed any chance of us ever getting a Vrykul allied Race?

And why does Blizzard actively avoid the races we want the most?
I'd throw a comical amount of money at Blizzard if they ever make Vrykul playable.
07/11/2018 07:57 AMPosted by Stylo
I'd throw a comical amount of money at Blizzard if they ever make Vrykul playable.

My worry is that their rationale is, "What? We already gave you beefy Humans, what else do you want?"

They've made it painfully clear with Void Elves that they aren't above giving us an approximation of what we really want.
Classic carrot dangling. Everyone wants them, they know it and have the models made. It wouldn't even be hard. But, everyone wants them. So you dangle the proverbial carrot to keep people in wait.

It is the exact same think Square-Enix does with Final Fantasy VII content and crossovers. Why give people what they want when they will sit in wait for years out of the sheer hope of receiving it.
Vrykul to Alliance would have offended the Horde, and that can't be allowed.

The Alliance can only have allied races that the Horde players and developers are okay with them having.

Of course the Kultirans are really only groundwork for yet another Horde requested race, Mok'nathal, but that is another story for another time.
Oh, I'm definitely not getting my hopes up. I think KT humans kinda removed the chance of getting Vrykul.

Edit:
07/11/2018 08:07 AMPosted by Imatroll

The Alliance can only have allied races that the Horde players and developers are okay with them having.

Of course the Kultirans are really only groundwork for yet another Horde requested race, Mok'nathal, but that is another story for another time.
You make our argument look exponentially weaker every time you claim bias. Stop it.
Well, look at the allied races we've got so far.
Gray draenei, dirty dwarves, homeless orcs, and blood elves who have been holding their breath for a long time.
Blizz doesn't have a problem with recoloring our stuff, or giving us existing stuff. I don't think they would mind vrykul and Kul'tirans being similar.
I'd say it's still a possibility. However, they were first introduced a decade ago, and have been heavily featured in two expansions now. If they're not an allied race after that, I'd say Blizz really just isn't interested in it.

Maybe they're worried vrykul are too brutish for the Alliance, and too human for the Horde.
it's been said that lorewise vrykul dont get involved in mortal manners. so they'd not be a playable race anyway.

Oh jeez. You're right. I had though they might just be the prototype skin for a horde Ogre Allied Race, but Mok'Nathal actually makes more sense.

Of course, Mok'nathal requires them to pay attention to Outland or AU lore, and that only happens when it's convenient.
I think there is a chance. There clearly is an audience for it.
07/11/2018 08:10 AMPosted by Velasmus

Oh jeez. You're right. I had though they might just be the prototype skin for a horde Ogre Allied Race, but Mok'Nathal actually makes more sense.

Of course, Mok'nathal requires them to pay attention to Outland or AU lore, and that only happens when it's convenient.

I do believe that a Rexxar update is already in the beta, or has been data mined, and that it uses the Kultiran as its base model for animations.
They would have to come up with a reason to shrink them. Right now they make Dwarves of Tauren, and Tauren have enough issues due to their size already.

I believe you maybe right and KT humans are their idea of “compromise”

This is one of the dumbest things I've read on these forums.
07/11/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Byniri

Note what I said about offending Horde players.
Humans are already Vykrul abominations, and the Northrend Vykrul hate basically everyone, but especially humans.

The Stormheim Vykrul also hate basically all outsiders and are back under the command of Odyn. The ones we did pal up with through questing are all dead or a tree. Odyn will likely never ally with either side, let alone serve, he is a god in his corner of the world and any direct threat to him has been eliminated.
07/11/2018 09:22 AMPosted by Imatroll
07/11/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Byniri

It would've offended no Horde players because Vrykul to the Horde would make no sense.
07/11/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Byniri
07/11/2018 09:22 AMPosted by Imatroll

It would've offended no Horde players because Vrykul to the Horde would make no sense.
stop feeding the troll, it is literally in his name
You can have Vrykul if Horde get Val'kyr
Very likely.

Biggest problem I think with Vrykul is to make them playable they would’ve had to make them smaller which would’ve made them lose a lot of their appeal. So making a new human build from another culture probably is more acceptable than changing Vrykul.
07/11/2018 08:20 AMPosted by Leviahthan
They would have to come up with a reason to shrink them. Right now they make Dwarves of Tauren, and Tauren have enough issues due to their size already.

I believe you maybe right and KT humans are their idea of “compromise”
I really don't get the enthusiasm for Vrykul... but that's irrelevant. I think the real reason we're not going to be seeing them is they're about 15 feet tall. That's just not feasible as a playable race.