Random Lag Spikes Since 8.0

Technical Support
Prev 1 9 10 11 Next
This still has not been addressed.
08/06/2018 03:21 PMPosted by Kâtarn
My game plays normally when I'm solo but when I group the game starts to act up. Not sure if it's the same problem others are experiencing or something different.

You are not alone. When the issue first occurred to me, I noticed it was significantly worse while in a group/instance. While I was solo, it would be fine. Still getting massive lag spikes in BGs, dungeons, raids, ect. Sigh. I was hoping this would be fixed by now with BFA coming up so soon and all.
Tossing my name on the list. As some others have mentioned, this seems specifically to be an issue that occurs after entering any sort of instanced content.
08/07/2018 10:27 AMPosted by Åmorous
08/06/2018 03:21 PMPosted by Kâtarn
My game plays normally when I'm solo but when I group the game starts to act up. Not sure if it's the same problem others are experiencing or something different.

You are not alone. When the issue first occurred to me, I noticed it was significantly worse while in a group/instance. While I was solo, it would be fine. Still getting massive lag spikes in BGs, dungeons, raids, ect. Sigh. I was hoping this would be fixed by now with BFA coming up so soon and all.

Well it's at least nice to know it's multiple people. Was ready to shell out for a new graphics card, thinking mine was just too old (still is getting on in age, but it can wait for now).
Having same issue. I have a wired fiber 1Gbps connection. Everything else connected works solid, except WoW. Reset everything, etc. No go.
I came to this forum for a different problem, but I'm glad I found this thread.

I have also been having random lag spikes which seem to have no pattern I can detect and they started with the 8.0 patch. Being in or not in groups, etc, doesn't seem to effect it. Things will be running perfectly fine, then all of a sudden everything freezes for 10-15 seconds, abilities I try to press just stay lit without firing, then everything races to catch up and is perfectly fine until the next time it happens. Sometimes it's more often, sometimes less. I've had it happen 5 times in as many minutes or sometimes I can be good for an hour with no problems. It's very random.

Additionally, I noticed something else which started with the 8.0 patch. I think I'm being swapped to different servers randomly and fairly frequently without me doing anything to cause it. I'll be doing whatever -- let's say fishing -- and all of a sudden my cast will just stop in the middle (not end, just stop like it was never happening) and at the same time all the mobs in visual range despawn/respawn. I've even seen fishing pools move when this happens. (Not get fished out, they just cease to be where they were and reappear in different spots.) For all the world it looks like I've hopped to another server. This has happened also when I've been at the mailbox/mission table/etc. which causes the game to close those windows in the middle of what I'm doing. It happens in groups AND NOT IN GROUPS. (Very important that it's not a change in a group that seems to be doing it.)

Another thing I've noticed when this "server hop" (for lack of a better term) happens is that some alerts previously closed with also reopen, in the same way they would if I had reloaded the UI. For example, characters whose talents I had not yet reset, all of a sudden the alert note for needing to set talents would reappear after having been closed.

I currently have two computers I play on (an admittedly aging Asus and a brand new, bought in the last month, Acer) and the problem acts the same on both.

Sadly 10-15 seconds frozen is plenty of time to die to mechanics of all kinds and to not be able to heal groups effectively......... I'm hoping there's an answer for this soon. I can't raid effectively not knowing if or when I'll suddenly freeze and be unable to react to anything.
Has there been anything from blizzard to remedy this, or is my $2000 desktop just a paper weight now? Guess I'll have to quit wow after 13 years and start playing "good" games. Maybe this is the turning point for me to start playing a proper game.
Having same problems mentioned above. Started for me after yesterdays patch. From ~85ms bounding up to 450ms at times. I though it was my isp before I came here and am glad i'm not alone. I've done a couple of pings to other ip's and everything else seems to be working fine.
Same here, random lag spikes for what seems to be no reason, I can be standing on the bank steps in Dalaran for 15 min and watch it change.

I go from 35/37ms to 100/150ms and back. Sometimes it gets as high as 400ms.

I will say it happens more often when I am switching zones.

08/07/2018 08:47 PMPosted by Turandotte
Additionally, I noticed something else which started with the 8.0 patch. I think I'm being swapped to different servers randomly and fairly frequently without me doing anything to cause it. I'll be doing whatever -- let's say fishing -- and all of a sudden my cast will just stop in the middle (not end, just stop like it was never happening) and at the same time all the mobs in visual range despawn/respawn. I've even seen fishing pools move when this happens. (Not get fished out, they just cease to be where they were and reappear in different spots.) For all the world it looks like I've hopped to another server. This has happened also when I've been at the mailbox/mission table/etc. which causes the game to close those windows in the middle of what I'm doing. It happens in groups AND NOT IN GROUPS. (Very important that it's not a change in a group that seems to be doing it.)
I came back to this thread to add some more information. I restored my computer; removed windows, files and settings, reformatted drive and reinstalled windows. After all that work, everything in WoW worked fabulously. I had no more random long lag spikes - or so I believed until last night. Once again, they started to happen in Battlegrounds. I restarted my computer and everything went back to normal again. I don't know if this all means anything, but I figured I would pass it along in case the added information was helpful somehow.
Also happening to me. I will get lag spikes that jump up to 500ms mainly when I’m in a dungeon or raid. This started with the Pre-Patch and I have never had this issue before. I play multiple online games and WoW is the only one that I’m having these lag spike issues with. Turned off all my addons and deleted WTF, Cache, and Interface and it did nothing to help the lag.
Glad I am not the only one as well. I have had some little lag here and there when fighting, it takes around 10s or less for the game to catch up to what I was trying to do. Really annoying when Tanking or Healing since the adds or boss will kill you before the game catches up to what is happening in real life.

Come on Blizzard, if this is happening to more than 100 People, then you know it is not on your customer's side.
I experienced this during LFR today, and have been experiencing it since 8.0 launch. If this continues, it will be impossible to raid in BFA.

I've got 10ms and a super fast 1000mbs connection and have been having no issues with my ISP connection.

Blizzard, can you let us know if this is being addressed? You'll get a lot of angry customers if it continues all the way into the new raid release.
07/24/2018 12:31 PMPosted by Steelgear
So, Blizzard insists the problem is on our side.

Sweet.
As they usually would, instead of trying to fix the problems lmao. I did come back to play during Legion, which I did fix my latency there. Part of it was auto scan's from Norton (I think) and windows update, when I fixed it, my MS would only go up to 80 in dungeon's and sometimes it'd stay at 20 a lot. But after that 8.0 patch: I've constantly been lagging again, so yeah... It's not on our side, it's on their side. I've barely come back to WoW 'cause of this, been playing FFXIV, don't have to worry about latency on that game! I may just give up trying and just play a few free to play games that are kinda similar. It's funny, 'cause back in the day... I could play this game with 300 Kbps and have a stable connection all the time, their server's are garbage compared to Square Enix's server's.
been stuck between 2000 world ms-5000 world ms all morning long. turned off all addons and tried every other "tip" mentioned. not a second of lag on every other game i play.
I have been having some technical issues with the game when I log into blizz it tells me my drivers are out of date I have a triangle with a ! in it every time I go to log in my character it lags even in my game it lags so bad that I have to close the process I would like to find someway of resolving this issue
Having really bad lag spikes today, haven't noticed it any other time except right now !!! why is this happening >.<
08/09/2018 07:13 AMPosted by Darktaio
07/24/2018 12:31 PMPosted by Steelgear
So, Blizzard insists the problem is on our side.

Sweet.
As they usually would, instead of trying to fix the problems lmao. I did come back to play during Legion, which I did fix my latency there. Part of it was auto scan's from Norton (I think) and windows update, when I fixed it, my MS would only go up to 80 in dungeon's and sometimes it'd stay at 20 a lot. But after that 8.0 patch: I've constantly been lagging again, so yeah... It's not on our side, it's on their side. I've barely come back to WoW 'cause of this, been playing FFXIV, don't have to worry about latency on that game! I may just give up trying and just play a few free to play games that are kinda similar. It's funny, 'cause back in the day... I could play this game with 300 Kbps and have a stable connection all the time, their server's are garbage compared to Square Enix's server's.

What exactly are they saying is the problem ? alllll these people having the same issue, and its apparently our fault ? .............riiiiiiggghhht
Normally play at 35 MS. Now its between 80-200 depending on what I'm done. Thought it was on my side too.
Can't wait til launch..