Stuck at 752/800 mining trying to max

Professions
Stuck at 752/800 mining and trying to max out before BfA. Ore nodes no longer give mining skill as they are greyed out.

What do I do about this? There's 2 mining world quests up today. Is this the only way to get the next 48 skill levels?

How long will it take if it is? Seems like I should probably save the trouble and wait until the expansion hits...

Nashar
Google- WoW Mining Leveling Guide 1 - 800 is what I used
07/13/2018 07:47 AMPosted by Lifetakerr
Google- WoW Mining Leveling Guide 1 - 800 is what I used

So from what I gathered:
750 - 785 (seam nodes in caves and rivers)
785 - 795 (world quests) after reaching friendly with all legion factions . ... this is 10 world quests. Guaranteed one every 2-3 days........talk to khadgar to unlock world quests......
795 - 800 (darkmoon fair +5)

This is ridiculous for a gathering profession but at least I now know what it takes...
Patch should hit Tuesday, which is going to divide professions into tiers. So waiting until BfA to get those last 48 points is no longer an option.

Once the patch hits, all of your mining profession tiers will be capped except for Legion mining, which should become 52/100. Seams, WQs, and possibly Argus will still be your best bets to finish leveling. DMF might no longer be an option. However, capping mining is not that important, ore yields are a product of your mining ranks for that ore (though higher ranks might have greater chance of skill-up).

I am personally hoping Blizzard takes the time to re-balance the skill-ups to make those last few points a little easier.
07/13/2018 08:56 AMPosted by Haspian
Patch should hit Tuesday, which is going to divide professions into tiers. So waiting until BfA to get those last 48 points is no longer an option.

Once the patch hits, all of your mining profession tiers will be capped except for Legion mining, which should become 52/100. Seams, WQs, and possibly Argus will still be your best bets to finish leveling. DMF might no longer be an option. However, capping mining is not that important, ore yields are a product of your mining ranks for that ore (though higher ranks might have greater chance of skill-up).

I am personally hoping Blizzard takes the time to re-balance the skill-ups to make those last few points a little easier.

Thanks for the help as I am super out of the loop on most of this. What I don't understand is why they made things so complicated which should be as easy as mining until you're 800. Seems like a nuisance that doesn't add to the game from a content standpoint whatsoever.

Listen up blizzard.
The last 25 points of a profession tier have always been a PITA except for gathering professions which had no difficulty to them at all. I think with the addition of the ranks and quests, Blizzard was trying to make the professions more balanced in difficulty...they just went a little over board with mining.

Would have been nice had Argus nodes been more helpful for those last points in herbalism and mining however. Hopefully with the patch.
Head to Broken Shore and mine all the seams that you can find. Felslate seams share nodes with leystone seams - so mine them all. Not all felslate seams will give you a +1, but they will eventually get you to 795. This may also depend on your Rank.

795 to 800 has always been Brimstone Destroyer Quest or DMF.
As of Patch 8.0, DMF only applies to levels 1-300.
I have "Legion mining" 95, and the DMF did not give me the other 5.
I opened a ticket and recieved this as part of the reply.

"With the 8.0 patch the professions quests count for classic. If you finished the 300/300 from classic profession, you will not get any other points."

So DMF will NOT give you the last 5 points for legion mining.
I was actually waiting for the DMF this week to get the last 5 I needed but I ended up getting all 5 from a leystone quest in stormheim. Glad I did too because just saw the DMF idiotic nerf today.

From 90 to 95 was the brimstone quests. Thats where any seams stopped working for me.
been doing this for about 8 hours and managed to get from about 25 to 81 and I have to say at this point in time I am wanting to scoop my own eyes out with a spoon. what is really annoying is not only having to get to max mining you also have to (if you so choose) get the other 3 points to improve your mining.
Just throwing it out there, but mining skill has no impact in the game for Legion. Your yield when mining is entirely based on ranks.

My OCD would want to cap those last few points as well, so I can sympathize, but they do nothing for you and have no impact on BfA professions.
There is that one dungeon where you can get buffs, but only if you have the profession maxed...
08/06/2018 01:46 PMPosted by Thummum
There is that one dungeon where you can get buffs, but only if you have the profession maxed...

A legion dungeon or a new BfA dungeon? And if it is a BfA dungeon, is it based on capping Legion professions or BfA professions?
You won't get the last legion points quick. Takes those world quests, take mining seams and felslate (great spot is broken shore)

Good luck
I was obliquely referring to Court of Stars, where the maxed profession buffs were one of the only reasons to have the gathering professions done. I love professions, but I'm not a fan of that instance.
08/07/2018 07:05 AMPosted by Thummum
I was obliquely referring to Court of Stars, where the maxed profession buffs were one of the only reasons to have the gathering professions done. I love professions, but I'm not a fan of that instance.

Interesting. Did not know that Court of Starts had any profession bonuses. Thank you for sharing that.
Aye, before the 2nd boss, there are items distributed around the room that could help / buff the group - if professions were maxed. More helpful earlier on in the expansion cycle.