How to deal with a break up after 3 years.

General Discussion
Time.

Time and finding yourself again.

Which takes time.
!@#$, pint of ice cream and a pint of beer.
07/16/2018 05:28 PMPosted by Masoli
as the title says how does one deal with a break up after being with someone for 3 years if not more. I know this isnt really the place to ask but I feel abit lost sine it was my first real relationship and im not sure where to pick myself back up .

Introspection, though not too much of it.

Think on the good times, but don't over romanticize how great things were.

The reverse is also true.

No relationship was perfect, nor was it "the worst" (unless some crazy stuff that involved actually calling the Police happened...or they should have been called).

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE7PKRjrid4
as the title says how does one deal with a break up after being with someone for 3 years if not more. I know this isnt really the place to ask but I feel abit lost sine it was my first real relationship and im not sure where to pick myself back up .

When did it end? If it was very recent (within the past few days/hours even), then the good news is time heals all wounds. It may not seem like it now, and the next week or two may be absolutely brutal, but eventually you will begin to smile again and see the bright side of life.

One day you will look back on that relationship with wisdom and reflection, having learned so much and grown so much as a person.

I had a few brutal break-ups when I was younger and each one felt like it was the end of my life. But time after time, I got through it and I'm now happily married and looking forward to what comes next.

You can do it! This next week/weeks will be hard but it will get better.
It's not going to be easy. You'll want to call and talk and stay in a familiar routine, avoid calling. For a while it helps to stay in the routine but you'll start meeting new peopl eventually, don't rush into any situations but try to have some fun.

If you need some people to play with or talk to I'm sure people on here would gladly drop some battle tags.

stohliak02#1973
Go to the strip club
Eat some cheese.
Cheese makes everything better.
They say for every year you've been with someone that it will take a month to get over them. Go find yourself, Get up with good people maybe a support group if you don't have a lot of friends and you will get through it.

Take it from me, I'm 58 and on my second marriage, no kids, first marriage lasted 5 years and it took about 5 months to get over the pain, the anger, the sorrow, the blaming yourself but it finally succumbed and now I have some good memories of those years but I keep them to myself, no need in letting anyone in period, even family can spill beans which turn to cr**.

My second wife I married at 52, met her in China, She was 39 and a virgin, Life is good just wish I had more money....LOL.
There is no guide for this sort of stuff unfortunately. You'll just stop caring after many months.(or care significantly less) Meanwhile just distract yourself with things like WoW. In other words: keep yourself busy somehow.
1. Delete Facebook
2. Hit the gym
3. Profit
Live your life, work on you. If you want look back and see what mistakes you made. Work on those, so you won't make them in a new relationship. Mainly move on, hang out with friends, find new experiences, etc. At the very least live your life like you did before you met the person.
However, don't dwell on the past. It'll only lead to depression. What's done is done. Go on with life, improve yourself, and eventually you'll meet another.
pull your panties up and stop acting like a baby
07/16/2018 06:01 PMPosted by Snowfox
Time.

Time and finding yourself again.

Which takes time.

Holy crap, I totally missed that Snowfox was back!

Welcome back!

Also, that's good advice.
07/16/2018 05:31 PMPosted by Slaëyn
You're asking the wrong 27 year old virgin, mate.

Oh good so I still have a few years.
if there are no kids involved.. acceptance, erase and replace.. it is kind of a mind over matter sort of deal.

Accept that you are now alone, like you were before the relationship (i assume) You can do it because you have before.

Eliminate the person from everything in your life as if they were never there to begin with.

and replace them with something else.. Fill your life with the things you maybe use to do before the relationship. Or find something new to do with your new free time. Sometime down the line after you have this perfected, and if you are still interested in finding a new mate, begin the search for a new mate.
Cut contact entirely (depending on the nature of the breakup, but civil mutual breakups are by far the exception and not the rule), keep busy, and just ride it out.

All the people telling you it gets better with time are 100% correct, so long as you don't let yourself wallow in grief and "what ifs".
07/16/2018 05:35 PMPosted by Imouto
Buy a pint of ice cream, watch some chick flicks, and have a good cry. That's what I do.

Oh? That's what I do daily.

Is... is that bad?

Sleep with her friends.
My second wife I married at 52, met her in China, She was 39 and a virgin, Life is good just wish I had more money....LOL.

You had to buy her on credit?

:)
07/16/2018 05:31 PMPosted by Zuljaras
Man u just gotta beat it out

o_0