Graphics issues that made it to live

Mac Technical Support
MacBook Pro 15" (2017)
Processor: 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Graphical: Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB
Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

I've had issues bringing up my mount list. Full System crash if I dared try and access it. I had the issue with the Shammy Class Hall. So just as a stab in the dark I put my liquid detail back to low and what do you now, I can once again bring up my mount list.

- Graham
07/28/2018 03:53 AMPosted by Gaffa
MacBook Pro 15" (2017)
Processor: 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Graphical: Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB
Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

I've had issues bringing up my mount list. Full System crash if I dared try and access it. I had the issue with the Shammy Class Hall. So just as a stab in the dark I put my liquid detail back to low and what do you now, I can once again bring up my mount list.

- Graham

Gaffa/Graham -

Were these issues both resolved with the water / Shaman class hall fix that was released a couple of patches ago?
07/27/2018 04:43 PMPosted by Caterpansy
Shameless bump. The bands of terrain "popping" in and out of focus continues to be a real blemish on the face of an otherwise great experience in 8.0 so far (for me, at least). I did fill out a full bug report on the Nvidia forums. Tia had reported that this was an Nvidia driver bug (not the client), and I have a lot of faith in Tia, but I've no idea where that information is coming from. Is there any chance of getting confirmation that this is either an Nvidia or client issue? Thanks - not trying to be annoying, just trying to make sure it stays on the radar.

Still looking for confirmation that this is an Nvidia bug, not a client bug, and that we shouldn't be waiting for a Blizz band-aid fix.
The biggest selling factor to Legion for me was this:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20139979/engineer-s-workshop-extended-draw-distance

Now, even with my view distance set to 10, the world is just a thick wall of fog-of-war even in old zones: https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/content_entry_media/L1EJJZAONRX41464727659284.jpg

Pretty disappointed to have such an exciting feature that made Legion absolutely gorgeous to look it be silently taken away. Not happy at all about this coming expac if I'm expected to play like I have low graphics on permanently.

Also not a fan of what's happening here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/8zxezs/drastically_reduced_object_view_distance_in_bfa/
https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/91q3nc/trying_to_look_at_saurfangs_army_with_the_new/

Very, very immersion breaking with not only objects taking their sweet time to suddenly fade into view, but NPCs and other players as well. I absolutely never had this problem before 8.0.
Late pop-in of objects appears to be completely resolved on my rig as of recent builds. The popping / flashing of bands of terrain continues to be a major distraction. Minor updates to top post.
Todays build fixed the banding on nvidia cards. technically it's still a nvidia driver bug. but blizzard was able to work around the bug once they got more info from nvidia.
That's awesome news, Omegall! Unfortunately, it also appears that something broke with render scale. 200% render scale now looks exactly like 100% on my machine - jaggy lines and everything. :(EDIT: Under advanced, setting the resample quality to "Bicubic" with 200% render scale seems to have restored the previous quality. It was set to "none" - I don't know if it had always been that way, or if it was somehow reset by the patch. Weird. Thanks again, Omegall, for advocating on the banding bug. It was really driving me nuts!)
what about using a External GPU on a 2017 Imac to push the graphic up a bit ?

could be possible..?? any1 has any idea.
I'm having this issue during fights and spell casts. The spell particles look all glitchy.

• Some world objects rendering improperly as rapidly flashing polygons. (Radeon Pro 455 2048 MB / Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB laptops)

Mid 2012 Mac Pro
High Sierra 10.13.6
Processor 2 x 2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
Memory 32 GB
Graphics Card Radeon RX 480 8192 MB