Special Titles For Vanilla Players

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
the elderly, its fitting title for classic players at this point
07/11/2018 01:03 PMPosted by Partyunicorn
There are already a ton of titles (5-10) that were only available in Vanilla, that Vanilla players proudly sport if they got them.

How about

"The entitled"
07/11/2018 02:01 PMPosted by Doommáss

How about a "Get Off My Lawn" achievement with the title "Old Geezer" as the reward?
07/11/2018 02:03 PMPosted by Kheradin
07/11/2018 02:01 PMPosted by Doommáss

How about a "Get Off My Lawn" achievement with the title "Old Geezer" as the reward?

Ya know it takes no effort to solo old dungeons you would see half of every realm with that title.
07/11/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Newhouse
07/11/2018 12:59 PMPosted by Nerdcleave
Paved the way? To what pruned classes that feel incomplete? An mmorpg that plays like diablo? A lack of any actually community? Pvp "community" where anyone is jaded? Could go on, but I'll thank you instead. Thank you for "paving" the way.

So you obviously hate what this game has become. Why do you keep an account subbed, to post about it? There is no logical reason. So you are either illogical, or a troll. In either case, why not just do something productive with your life instead? It would go a long way.

The rest of us will continue to pay $15.00 a month, a fairly minimal amount of money, or a gold sum, to play the game. We love it, we enjoy it, and aren't leaving any time soon. The problems you complain about aren't as big for most people, because the game has improved immensely in other areas. But that's what people like you do; they drone on about the negatives, and ignore the positives.

So your assumptions are logical? I'm sorry I invaded your "safe space" and you feel the need to try to be condescending. Assumptions aren't productive so take your own advice, it'd go a long way.
Classes/specs being pruned aren't a big deal to most people? Some pruning was needed. However, blizzard has gone way beyond what was warranted. The forums are full of people expressing concern about how class design is in BfA. Most people on live probably haven't seen, heard, or experienced how shallow classes/specs are in BfA.
I love WoW, but I hate what is happening to it. I'll commend blizz on alot of the QoL they have done. Where is the excitement for BfA? I see 0 ads for it and not alot of hype in game for it. That concerns me.
Again I don't hate WoW, I love it and I'm concerned about it.
Drop the "we" when you respond to posts. You speak for you, thats it. But then again that's what people like you do, make assumptions that they speak for others. I can make assumptioms and be illogical just like you.
07/11/2018 02:05 PMPosted by Casina
07/11/2018 02:03 PMPosted by Kheradin

Ya know it takes no effort to solo old dungeons you would see half of every realm with that title.
what??
If you were a TRUE fan you would have a fancy statue in your WoD Garrison
If you're a true Blizzard fan the only title that could possibly fit would be

'the Snowflake'
Give me the "40 Year old Virgin" title.

pls
My Grunt and Master Sergeant titles used to serve this purpose, before RBGs were introduced.
07/11/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Volmere
'The Entitled'
This applies far more to modern WoW players than it does to Vanilla players.

07/11/2018 01:02 PMPosted by Swålsh
They already gave Vanilla players a statue.
Only people who were subbed and stayed subbed since November 2004. I'm a Vanilla player, and I don't have a statue because I started late and quit for 5 years.
"The Long-Winded"
:D
"The Lifeless"
Not interested at all.
Title should be "Old as Dirt"
07/11/2018 02:08 PMPosted by Rukaggokirn
07/11/2018 02:05 PMPosted by Casina

what??

Think it's confusing Elder with Elderly.
Finding this game earlier, being older, or having access to internet/money/computers/etc. earlier aren't really achievements.

The "wow, time flies!" itch is generally scratched by the anniversaries, or threads like this, or /played, or looking at all the stuff you've collected in-game.

Missing out on stuff that happened in the past is one thing. Missing things in the present because you missed stuff in the past (without knowledge beforehand) is just frustrating.

Besides, if playing the game isn't its own reward, why would we play?
07/11/2018 12:49 PMPosted by Skinwälker
Vanilla players paved the way for what WoW is today. I think the vanilla players that will still be playing BFA should be recognized for their dedication by giving them a reward such as "Founding Father" title. There could also be special titles given to those that started in BC or even Wrath babies.
You are a terrible troll lol.
Would be nice, but the only form of "Trophy" pr "Badge" you can display, that indicates you played during Vanilla are the old Class weapon quest items, such as Priest's Anathema, and Rhok'delar, Longbow of the Ancient Keepers, which I have on different toons.
Ugh. You sound like the dudes who backed star citizen on kick starter
You can give me all the title you want ;)