Speedy Frost DK

Death Knight
I don't feel like Frost DK currently fulfills its weapon fantasy: quick strikes with two weapons; death by a thousand icy cuts.

I'd be interested to see some exploration of the dual wield fantasy. Abilities that play to the main hand, the offhand, or both. Abilities with a shorter cooldown. Gameplay that encourages the player to think and act quickly with the procs we get. Hitting one button every few seconds while I wait for Empowered Rune Weapon just doesn't feel great.

With a medium amount of gear, I shouldn't feel like I'm waiting around for my next ability to proc, or for my runes to come up off of cooldown. Dual wielding classes beg for fast gameplay. Right now, I just don't feel that. I'd like to! Maybe this is something to consider for 8.1.
I honestly don't know why they didn't give Frost Titans Grip (or something equivalent) instead of Fury if they intended to make the spec dual wield.

To me a DK (who are known for feats of superhuman strength) dual wielding two-handers makes a lot more sense than a Warrior randomly doing it. I think it would have also fit the classes better overall, it would have allowed DK to utilize two-handers across all of its specs (something that doesn't matter for Warrior since Prot doesn't use two-handers anyway) and given Warriors a more traditional berserker spec dual wielding one-handed weapons (which would also have circumvented making Arms feel a little unusual for using a single two-hander to Fury's two).

But that's just me.
Right now in BFA beta my haste is in the teens. Still waiting for that haste gear. So for me, yeah it's going to play slow. Where is your haste sitting at?
The thing is frost dks rarely "wait around" for procs. We are easily the most proc centric spec in the game. The decision has almost always been which proc do we use first.
07/11/2018 03:43 PMPosted by Vandrillan
I honestly don't know why they didn't give Frost Titans Grip (or something equivalent) instead of Fury if they intended to make the spec dual wield.

To me a DK (who are known for feats of superhuman strength) dual wielding two-handers makes a lot more sense than a Warrior randomly doing it. I think it would have also fit the classes better overall, it would have allowed DK to utilize two-handers across all of its specs (something that doesn't matter for Warrior since Prot doesn't use two-handers anyway) and given Warriors a more traditional berserker spec dual wielding one-handed weapons (which would also have circumvented making Arms feel a little unusual for using a single two-hander to Fury's two).

But that's just me.

Because Titan's Grip existed before DKs were a playable class?
The 2 handed Frost spec horse is DEAD. Please stop crying.
07/12/2018 05:36 AMPosted by Alurea
Because Titan's Grip existed before DKs were a playable class?

That doesn't make it any less nonsensical. What's the actual justification for a Fury Warrior randomly being capable of dual wielding two-handers while Arms are seemingly only capable of wielding one? As I said, in the case of Deathknights superhuman strength is a part of their lore, Arthas himself wielded a two-handed sword with one hand. From a design standpoint it makes no sense for Fury to have Titans Grip instead of DK, regardless of the chronology of it all. Arthas existed before WoW was even a thing anyway.

There's no reason they couldn't have rectified it. Class fantasy wise, Fury doesn't need to dual wield two-handed weapons. Fury is about furiously slashing at everything in sight with reckless abandon, being a ball of rage and violence. Dual wielding single-handers fits that theme far better. Frost DK's have always been about hitting hard, but their proc based playstyle (alongside the workings of Razorice etc.) sort of pushed them into dual wielding. What better way to address the entire issue than to give them the ability to dual wield two-handers?

Then, as I said, it also fixes the issue of needing to farm one-handed weapons just for Frost instead of being able to run two-handers across the entire board (once again, not an issue for Warrior since Prot doesn't use two-handers anyway). It just makes the most sense to me and it's sort of baffling that it hasn't been a bigger feature of the dual wield vs two-handed Frost debate.

Edit: Just to clarify, I really don't have a horse in this race. I don't particularly like Frost and never have, Unholy and Blood have always interested me far more from both a gameplay and lore perspective. That said, I still think the situation at hand is a bit backwards.