Lack of Communication

Customer Support
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
07/17/2018 06:24 PMPosted by Vrakthris
07/17/2018 06:21 PMPosted by Saxkaelii
Only if you have Twitter...

Or have access to the internet and can go to a URL. You don't need to join twitter to receive updates from our BlizzardCS feed. Just go to www.Twitter.com/BlizzardCS.

14 years later and you guys still can't do a proper launch. it's not like you guys had 12m subs before. you guys barely have 3m playing these days
07/17/2018 06:32 PMPosted by Higherp
But these so called updates are VERY far apart and really nothing. Seriously, info on whats wrong would be some info.
We don't have a need to know the technical details. Just that there is an issue and that they are working on it.
Blizzard is looking like that friend that says they'll be there in 30min over the course of hours until they text you the next day and say they fell asleep. When we can all agree, we know they are not coming, we just want them to tell us that.
It's factual information, not sass, not snark.

07/17/2018 06:31 PMPosted by Tru
Not everyone has twatter nor wants anything to do with that site. They should at least echo it to blue post / blue tracker.

That very well may happen to some degree, but twitter is a viable social medium that is utilized to reach millions of folks with very little effort.

Where the forums are, for the most part, extremely antiquated and not used even a fraction of what they used to be a mere 5 years ago.
07/17/2018 06:22 PMPosted by Cyrus
Blizz has been doing a decent job of keeping us updated. I'll be honest, I actually think blizz is one the best companies in terms of keeping people updated, along with their customer support team being pretty good.

They've been having hourly updates over at their customer support twitter page, @BlizzardCS

you are kidding right? XD... they lie, hold information and they missinform on purpose.. so again.. are you kidding? XD
<span class="truncated">...</span>
Or have access to the internet and can go to a URL. You don't need to join twitter to receive updates from our BlizzardCS feed. Just go to www.Twitter.com/BlizzardCS.

But these so called updates are VERY far apart and really nothing. Seriously, info on whats wrong would be some info.

This we are working on it repeat is like saying We have donuts and snacks to get us through this, just chill lower beings!

No info is just as bad as bad info.

So if they gave you a page of bad coding you would understand? Seriously. Take the night off & go do one of the 20,000,000 different things you could be doing. Out of the 365 days of the year how many were down for unscheduled maintenance? Barely any. You guys sound like you need to take some breathers and step away from the keyboard.

Also its 2018. If you don't know by now you can read Twitter without having one, god bless you.
I'm wondering how long until people start blaming this on a geopolitical source... ;)
I mean what kind of updates are you looking for? Tom is trying to reroute landline connections through seattle at the moment. If this works we should be able to conglomerate the gluons and quarks into a working server there. However, should this fail, Tim is also trying to hit the servers in chicago with a hammer.
07/17/2018 06:35 PMPosted by Kildaime
Blizzard is looking like that friend that says they'll be there in 30min over the course of hours until they text you the next day and say they fell asleep. When we can all agree, we know they are not coming, we just want them to tell us that.

I don't like those people
07/17/2018 06:35 PMPosted by Mythox
07/17/2018 06:32 PMPosted by Higherp
We don't have a need to know the technical details. Just that there is an issue and that they are working on it.

As usual, blizzard troll? Not even the full technical issue, just general WTF. If you would stop trolling and read, I said info is bad.

PS, TWO hours ago they said more relm stability, and still NOTHING.
Steam summer sale was only a few weeks ago, so it gives me time to play all the games I bought and still haven't downloaded or put more then 5 mins in.... (Sims has taken over my life).
Why don't you just say "We're extending maintenance" or whatever. If other people are playing right now while others can't, then it seems like either you're not doing anything or trying to get out of recompense.
07/17/2018 06:36 PMPosted by Vrakthris

Not everyone has twatter nor wants anything to do with that site. They should at least echo it to blue post / blue tracker.

That very well may happen to some degree, but twitter is a viable social medium that is utilized to reach millions of folks with very little effort.

Where the forums are, for the most part, extremely antiquated and not used even a fraction of what they used to be a mere 5 years ago.
Yup. I don't do twitter, but I have the CS link bookmarked and check it every now and then.

Last update was 2 hours ago.

very little effort.

Maybe there'll be a new update any minute now.
every time u do a new patch it's screwed up and can't get in
It would be cool of them to give more detailed info about what has caused these types of problems in the past, and what they are thinking is causing this problem today.

Don't mind the haters, they just need to learn some patience, and as you said, learn how to type in a URL. It's really common sense that the Twitter feed is used far more than the forums are, and there's updates to said feed pretty much every 10 minutes.
If I worked at Blizzard today, it would be "bring donuts, food, etc" and just handle the stress and enjoy what you can. The folks monitoring this forum might be across the country from the folks working on the issues.

I can promise you this: that the gals/guys with hands on the hardware and software WANT to go home - that means getting it fixed ASAP.
Twitter just updates “we’re working on a fix” every hour
07/17/2018 06:36 PMPosted by Vánacurunís
I'm wondering how long until people start blaming this on a geopolitical source... ;)

Its the Democrats…..
No wait , its the republicans…..
Maybe congress…..

I know its the Russians ….

Look, everyone wants to play, I think they know that, and if it does not happen today, play tomorrow… we could all join the real world and converse with other people for one day until they figure their issue out.
The last update to Twitter was over 2 hours ago.