Honest Question - not a rage quit chain

Customer Support
Blizzard,

I know the pre-patch has only been out for roughly a day, but the beta and PTR has been up for some time so there really aren't too many excuses I can accept, and I am wondering if anything is being done about the horrid leveling experience in the game right now. This is just not fun at all. I am constantly dying, or always very very close to it, from just one mob being pulled out in the world.

I pre-ordered BfA months back because I loved Legion and had very high hopes for the new expansion but if this is what it is going to be, I am asking seriously if I can have my purchase of BfA refunded as there is no way I am going to play it and you guys can't expect that people will. I am all for challenging gameplay and would love if that was built into the game but that is not what this is... this is a very very broken game.

Please, all I ask is for an answer: are you aware of how god-awful leveling is right now (and truly to the exent that its broken - not just "yes the tuning is a bit off" because that is not the case) and will it be fixed? If not, how can I get a refund for the expansion I gladly dished out my money for a few months back? And I am hoping for the former not the latter.
You wont get a answer from the dev here this is better suited in genearl then CS.
I doubt you'll get a refund considering you unlocked an allied race.

Also, you might want to post this at the General Discussion forum. Customer Support is not the best place for feedback.
Be patient, whenever theres a stat squish things are always tuned for max level. They normally hotfix it and rebalance it within the first week or so after a patch.
I'm not having an issue leveling and I've been pulling tons of mobs. Maybe you should change your play style or ask for help while out in the world leveling.
I hit 100 on a prot pally right before the pre-patch came out. I switched to war mode and went to town. I'm enjoying the hell out of the leveling experience. I keep seeing these posts about people being squishy all of a sudden and having all these issues killing normal mobs, but I'm not having the same experience.

I love this.
Been listening to a few guildies level in Discord. There are some adjustments for sure. But I have not heard what you are describing.

That said realms are going I tk maintenence today. Very well could be a hot fix tweak to exactly what you just said.

However, I recommend you recreate this post over in general. This way your concerns have a chance to be seen by people that have power to make changes. Unfortunately the devs do not come to this forum, so your plea thus far has fallen on deaf ears.
07/18/2018 09:08 PMPosted by Dredldr
Please, all I ask is for an answer: are you aware of how god-awful leveling is right now (and truly to the exent that its broken - not just "yes the tuning is a bit off" because that is not the case) and will it be fixed?
"Please just answer this one completely loaded question. Pretty please."

I am asking seriously if I can have my purchase of BfA refunded
You can ask, but I seriously doubt it. There's a link to the refund policy right on the product page (and has been since it went on sale) that clearly outlines what conditions will render the purchase ineligible for refund.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/138533
You can contact us for a refund of the Battle for Azeroth prepurchase any time before the expansion launches as long as you have not:

• Used the included Level 110 Boost
  • Fully unlocked the ability to create an Allied Race character
  • It may take several days for funds to be credited back to the original payment method.
    And you've obviously unlocked at least one of the allied races.
    Lol leveling is too hard for the legion baby plebs
    Torquê, please.

This is a support forum. It's not the place for judgements or disparaging remarks.
    The pre-patch was exactly like this on the PTR. All the changes were there and complained about there. It's not like the loss of full screen mode happened on live only. It's not like the UI changed on live only. It's not like the leveling changed on live only. All of it was on the PTR.

What you are experiencing is a myriad of changes all going into effect at the same time (abruptly from your perspective).

They changed the talents. They changed the item levels. They changed the stats. All these things means you have to relearn your character. Keep in mind that at lower levels, the game isn't balanced. So features that were intended for a level 120 aren't there at level 20. So you are in some respects gimped on some classes at certain levels and incredibly OP on some classes at certain levels.

They changed how your computer renders the screen, the graphics API, et al. So now you have to tinker with your system to figure out what works best for your particular system.

There were a lot of changes to this game with this expansion, it's probably the first time they ever changed both the game mechanics and the graphics subsystem at the same time. So yes, everyone is feeling the pain... and they tried to warn everyone that things were going to change but failed to note that a lack of a yellow icon doesn't mean your system is up to par, it just means those who got the yellow icon wouldn't be able to play WoW come the pre-patch.

Game mechanics changes come with every new expansion and it usually is a hot mess until everyone gets used to them. Graphics API changes don't happen very often and they also are a hot mess until everyone gets it sorted out. Two hot messes at the same time makes for popcorn worthy forums.
    I'd expect to see changes to many things as they are tweeked.

Scaling down 'balance' isn't nearly as easy as it may sound.
    Please, all I ask is for an answer: are you aware of how god-awful leveling is right now (and truly to the exent that its broken - not just "yes the tuning is a bit off" because that is not the case) and will it be fixed?
    They definitely do and will make adjustments. This isn't the first squish/scaling in Wow.

Large scaling changes like this recent one typically take a while to balance out. Despite betas and PTRs, only live with millions upon millions of players all feeding the metrics, can truly provide the data needed to make the tweaks. And as expected, the less a portion of the content is used (anything non current, for example), the slower that data comes in.
    Odd, I've been leveling the same race and class and have suffered a few deaths, but overall the process has been rather smooth.

What's been proving so challenging for you, OP?