Why is Sylvannas Unforgiveable?

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
I like Sylvannas.

I've played a Forsaken Priest since Vanilla.

From the Lore perspective, and character development spectrum, all Sylvannas has done, has been to protect her people.

These people only became her people due to all of them being outcast from life, and then from death, and then from the alliance, from where they came from.

She gave them a reason to exist, a reason to fight, and a banner to represent, and be proud of.

And after all of that, she sought a way to make sure that this was not all in vain, by finding a way to revive them, and/or include more forsaken into their ranks, so their people wouldn't go extinct.

What do you suggest she do? Protect them, make them fight for the horde, and die, until they are all dead, and alone?

I want to know what people think is wrong about that, and how it's wrong for a leader to do anything to protect her people?

Why is there no middle ground when it comes to the forsaken's situation? Why are they supposed to be treated worse than any other sentient race?
So true. I <3 Sylvanas. She's the bomb.com.
War crimes aside... alot of it is the stigma people feel for the undead.

Half of the eastern kingdoms are a dead wasteland because of the scourge, and many alive today in the wow universe remember the horror they brought with them.
She shot murdered her supporters (Forsaken) in cold blood at the Arathi plains. I was a Sylvanas supporter too. She wants the Forsaken to be hers. She doesn't want them to have independence, she wants to be their owner. As a proud member of the Horde; death to the Banshee Queen.
07/12/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Glamlamb

Half of the eastern kingdoms are a dead wasteland because of the scourge, and many alive today in the wow universe remember the horror they brought with them.

The thing is that Forsaken are different.

The only race that can understand the deep pain of the Forsaken is the Draenei.

But because they look weird, and smell bad, there's a deep stigma towards them.

It's unfortunate.

We truly are forsaken.
07/12/2018 09:44 AMPosted by Valeondra
She shot murdered her supporters (Forsaken) in cold blood at the Arathi plains. I was a Sylvanas supporter too. She wants the Forsaken to be hers. She doesn't want them to have independence, she wants to be their owner. As a proud member of the Horde; death to the Banshee Queen.

One day, and one event, erases every good thing a person does?

Is that really how you view the world?

Didn't Blood Elves used to live off of Fel Energy? Were they not saved from becoming slaves to the Legion?

I wonder who it is, who allowed the Blood Elves a safe-haven, after their suffering?

It certainly was not anyone with a blue banner, and it surely wasn't an Orc.
Are you using context from a decade ago to justify her today?
07/12/2018 09:47 AMPosted by Mythlos

Yes.

I don't think it makes sense to change your opinion on a whim. That to me would reveal a person of low character and little merit.

Isn't the hatred of the Forsaken by the Worgen due to an event from decades ago?

Should they just forget about it because it didn't happen yesterday? Do they not understand that the Forsaken and the Worgen share the same story?
07/12/2018 09:45 AMPosted by Spiritusfide
07/12/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Glamlamb

It's unfortunate.

We truly are forsaken.
they are different, but they are similar enough in the tactics they employ. The abomibations and bats, the plague. Chemical weapons ect and appearance to warrant people missing the differences.

In fact it's highly suggested that very few people in the alliance even register that they are thinking and feeling people in before the storm.

Some suggest that if they do think their thoughts are malignant and twisted from what they once were in life.
07/12/2018 09:50 AMPosted by Spiritusfide
07/12/2018 09:47 AMPosted by Mythlos

Yes.

I don't think it makes sense to change your opinion on a whim. That to me would reveal a person of low character and little merit.

Isn't the hatred of the Forsaken by the Worgen due to an event from decades ago?

Should they just forget about it because it didn't happen yesterday? Do they not understand that the Forsaken and the Worgen share the same story?
The Event Was less than a decade ago in game.

Would you so easily forgive seeing your loved ones die in some of the most horrid ways imaginable in an unprovoked attack?

Did you just unironically use Sylvanas' unprovoked attack on Gilneas and her wanton use of the Blight as an example?
07/12/2018 09:46 AMPosted by Spiritusfide

Pretty sure if I went out and murdered someone I would get life in prison or execution.
She's not. She has breasts.
07/12/2018 09:52 AMPosted by Glamlamb
07/12/2018 09:45 AMPosted by Spiritusfide

It's unfortunate.

We truly are forsaken.
they are different, but they are similar enough in the tactics they employ. The abomibations and bats, the plague. Chemical weapons ect and appearance to warrant people missing the differences.

In fact it's highly suggested that very few people in the alliance even register that they are thinking and feeling people in before the storm.

Some suggest that if they do think their thoughts are malignant and twisted from what they once were in life.

So it doesn't make sense that they use weaponry that is derived from their race?

Should humans drink more beer and ride rams everywhere?

Should Panderen's tamper with technology and make wormholes?

I read Before the Storm too, and as a result, have much more respect for the new King of Stormwind.

I also have come to understand that humans are not only bigoted against "greenskins" - as they so politely refer to the orcs as, but they are also racist towards the Forsaken.

It looks to me like humans in general are much dumber than what is portrayed. They have no idea what is actually happening in the rest of the world, and make all of thier decisions based on mob mentality, and not facts.

This game's story is pretty close to real life, if you ask me.
07/12/2018 09:37 AMPosted by Spiritusfide
She gave them a reason to exist, a reason to fight, and a banner to represent, and be proud of.

And now she wants them to be mindless little puppets who never question her authority.
07/12/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Mythlos

Did you just unironically use Sylvanas' unprovoked attack on Gilneas and her wanton use of the Blight as an example?

Do you believe the Worgen are a peaceful race, and would never had attempted to reclaim Lorderon?

What about their leadership has portrayed that to you? The uncontrollable, canine rage of their leader? Or the need for the Boy-King of Stormwind to make him stop drooling in battle?

What should the Forsaken do? Wait to die? Is that your premise?
07/12/2018 09:56 AMPosted by Spiritusfide
It looks to me like humans in general are much dumber than what is portrayed. They have no idea what is actually happening in the rest of the world, and make all of thier decisions based on mob mentality, and not facts.

Yeah, that's so unrealistic and would totally never happen in real life.
07/12/2018 09:56 AMPosted by Rankin
07/12/2018 09:37 AMPosted by Spiritusfide

And now she wants them to be mindless little puppets who never question her authority.

Leadership isn't as easy as being nice to everyone, and doing everything they say.

The Forsaken has never been a democracy, and neither has the Horde.

Why don't you try to back up your statements with logical sources?

Maybe an example of a democratic alliance faction? Or forgiveness shown by leadership?
07/12/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Edrondel
07/12/2018 09:46 AMPosted by Spiritusfide

Pretty sure if I went out and murdered someone I would get life in prison or execution.

World Leaders and Military officials kill people all the time.

We call it war.

In WoW, we see a leader kill someone, and we call it murder.

Are you that dense?
07/12/2018 09:57 AMPosted by Spiritusfide

Do you believe the Worgen are a peaceful race, and would never had attempted to reclaim Lorderon?

What about their leadership has portrayed that to you? The uncontrollable, canine rage of their leader? Or the need for the Boy-King of Stormwind to make him stop drooling in battle?

What should the Forsaken do? Wait to die? Is that your premise?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

And Gilnean attitude towards Forsaken is a direct consequence of the Forsaken's actions, so take your false equivalence elsewhere.