Why is Sylvannas Unforgiveable?

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 Next
Sylvanas Windrunner, symbol of hope to the downtrodden and forsaken: https://i.imgur.com/e8uPPrr.png

What an inspiration.
I think it mainly goes about the way she's doing things. Bringing back the dead for example is still a big thing I think many people, Horde or Alliance, aren't huge fans of especially dealing with the Scourge and how much the Arthas/Lich King brought down upon everyone.

We've also seen her using the plague, or least the Forsaken's version of it, over and over again while being told not to, but I guess now that you're in command who's going to stop you?

On top of that with the recent book, Before the Storm, it can be really debated on if she actually does care about her people at all and only cares about controlling them. Since we see even those that follow her, she kills. The book doesn't help put her character into a very sympathetic view and more so a villain.

Before people go "oh great another Sylvanas hater" I really liked her in WC3, and I actually enjoyed her development in Cata, but as of recent her tactics and views are no different than Garrosh.

I will add that also reading Before the Storm it really makes me sympathize more with the Forsaken themselves, over Sylvanas.
07/12/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Keldica
She is becoming the lich queen right before our eyes and people willing ignore it.

Back during Cata I decided to level a Forsaken. You know, see a chunk of the storyline. Get both sides of the picture.

She shows Garrosh a way to create more Forsaken.

Garrosh. Guilty of ... pretty much everything it seems.

He calls her actions to create MORE Forsaken an Abomination.
I dunno. Maybe because she keeps attacking people who aren't doing anything but living. See Southshore, Gilneas, that island city on Lordaeron Lake, trying to subjugate a Titan creature to keep herself alive.. It's just impossible to figure out why.
07/12/2018 05:14 PMPosted by Crocelle
Why should any race get to reproduce and go not extinct?

Because they are not "reproducing" they are defiling the dead. I mean was Arthas only trying to grow his people when he declared war upon the living?

Funny how nobody seems to mind the Ebon Blade raising people for the ACTUAL lich king who hasn't done a single good thing yet.

Because most people don't know about it. Outside of the SC and the Silver Hand, no one was around when we raised the four horsemen. The general public doesn't even know that there is actually a new Lich King. But I have to wonder why there was no repercussions when the Ebon Blade invaded Lights Hope Chapel. I am surprised the Paladins didn't push this into a big issue. Not only did they try and steal the remains of one of the greatest paladins but they killed a lot of them on their way in.

Why is it okay for Nightelves to obtain Immortality and hold onto it at the cost of the security of this planet

They gave up the immortality when they destroyed the Well of Eternity to end the first Legion invasion. Then later regained it with Nordrassil but they then destroyed that to stop the Legion once again. They never regained it because the Dragon Flights lacked the power to properly bless Teldrassil and restore their immortality.

So they gave up their immorality TWICE to defend the world...
07/12/2018 06:58 PMPosted by Bril
So they gave up their immorality TWICE to defend the world...

They even have a /silly referring to the fact they LOST their immortality. Now they're just long lived (and I'm not sure if anyone knows just how long is long).
07/12/2018 06:49 PMPosted by Teilvia
Sylvanas Windrunner, symbol of hope to the downtrodden and forsaken:

So, despair and fear are her tools? That's not what you call a Good Leader. That's what you call a Tyrant.
07/12/2018 07:06 PMPosted by Verdre
07/12/2018 06:49 PMPosted by Teilvia
Sylvanas Windrunner, symbol of hope to the downtrodden and forsaken:

So, despair and fear are her tools? That's not what you call a Good Leader. That's what you call a Tyrant.
Before the Storm pretty much established her to be a Communist dictator. She just skips the gulag step and outright executes people.
The plot tells us who is evil and who isn't. We, the players, ask no questions, care about nothing, and kill whoever the "good guys" point their finger at and tell us to go fetch.

There is no diplomacy, there is no reason, there is no debate or discussion, there is either "You're good and a hero of Azeroth" or "You're an evil scumbug and you must die." No imbetween.

My logic, reason, and sanity tells me that Sylvanas is doing what she has to do against the people SHE IS AT WAR WITH.

Just because you serve a neutral cause doesn't mean you don't have faction ties. Malfurion serves a neutral cause but he is affiliated with the Alliance, just like how Thrall serves a neutral cause but he is affiliated with the Horde.

You people need to wake up and smell the coffee. This isn't some unprovoked act of aggression, this is a STEP in a WAR.

But again, logic and reason has no bearing on how we the players think. If the plot requires Sylvanas to be a raid boss, she will be a raid boss and we will kill her no questions asked because all we care about is best in slot gear and if she offers it, we will kill her, no if's and's or but's about it.

The game TRIES to make you feel important by making you a "Garrison Commander" or a "Hero worthy of wielding an artifact" or even a "Champion and General of the Horde/Alliance" but at the end of the day, none of that matters. We are all Khadgar's lapdogs and we do whatever he and his goons order us to do, no questions asked like a bunch of blade-for-hire mercenary thugs who care about nothing but money and weapons.

Even the people who love Sylvanas and think she is in the right will kill her because they care about nothing but loot. This is what happens when you aren't allowed to pick sides or have any choice in the outcome of the story.
07/12/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Valcronde
It's simple really. The living think of the Undead like monsters. They always have, they always will. Our Horde allies tolerate us. But the Alliance? They are entirely biased and think genocide against us is the best option, and that was even when we were trying to come back and reinitiate our past alliance with them.

You can't reason with irrational fear.

And you can't negotiate or rely on diplomacy with someone who feels self righteously entitled to kill you simply because you exist.

That leaves the Forsaken one option, self defense. And the most rational course of defending ourselves means we bolster our ranks and thin out those who seek to do us harm. That's an option for us because if we kill, raise, and convert those who wish us harm into Undeath, now they join us and cease trying to destroy us.

It's really our only option at this point. It didn't have to be this way, the Alliance really brought it on themselves due to their bigotry. But it is what it is and we simply have to deal with it.

Is this the same alliance that literally organized a peace summit? The same alliance that greymane even saw the forsaken as more than monsters? THAT ALLIANCE???
07/12/2018 07:52 PMPosted by Wdh
Is this the same alliance that literally organized a peace summit? The same alliance that greymane even saw the forsaken as more than monsters? THAT ALLIANCE???

The same Alliance that in spite of being made up of 9 races, is some how "racist"...
07/12/2018 08:21 PMPosted by Bril
The same Alliance that in spite of being made up of 9 races, is some how "racist"...

The Alliance adheres to the lord of the rings method of identifying the bad guys:

If they're ugly, they're evil. Lets kill them.
07/12/2018 09:19 PMPosted by Althasar

The Alliance adheres to the lord of the rings method of identifying the bad guys:

In the Alliance's defense the last group who were ugly, were evil and did try to kill them.

Granted that was fel/demon influenced Orcs, but if we want to use that excuse then we can say well that was the OId Alliance and not the current one.

*looks at dwarves and male gnomes* you sure about that logic?
Some may say the Worgens are ugly but the Alliance didn't try to kill them.
07/12/2018 09:43 PMPosted by Verdre
Some may say the Worgens are ugly but the Alliance didn't try to kill them.

Please.... you are going to get me triggered. We Worgen don't need reminding that Blizzard keeps neglecting us by not updating our models. *Runs and cries in the corner.*
07/12/2018 09:43 PMPosted by Withpuppys

*looks at dwarves and male gnomes* you sure about that logic?
Ok ouch
07/12/2018 09:46 PMPosted by Patchs
07/12/2018 09:43 PMPosted by Withpuppys
...*looks at dwarves and male gnomes* you sure about that logic?
Ok ouch
okay look! female gnomes are alright and can look quite adorable, but male gnomes are ugly and creepy. they have that kinda face that says "im gonna stare at you through your window while heavily breathing on it"
07/12/2018 09:49 PMPosted by Withpuppys
07/12/2018 09:46 PMPosted by Patchs
...Ok ouch
okay look! female gnomes are alright and can look quite adorable, but male gnomes are ugly and creepy. they have that kinda face that says "im gonna stare at you through your window while heavily breathing on it"
That's why you use a BEARD!
07/12/2018 11:00 AMPosted by Tentaclatrix
And when our leaders kill our own troops (loyal troops) in their own blood for merely having different viewpoints?

You are as dense as they come.

I find it intensely amusing that we now have multiple instances of Sylvie purposefully and with premeditation killing her own citizens and soldiers and people are still defending her as a leader.