Battle for Azeroth Pre-patch Update *Updated 7/20

General Discussion
1 2 3 11 Next
Updated 7/20

At this point, servers are stable and we aren't seeing any major login issues.

Thanks for your patience as we worked this out!

Closing.

--

Updated 7/19

We’re planning to run an initial test of re-activating the Communities feature on a few realms this morning. Those realms are:

• Black Dragonflight
• Gul’dan
• Skullcrusher
• Lightbringer
• Mal’ganis

This test is scheduled to begin at roughly 9 AM Pacific time. If you’re on one of the above realms, please let us know if you experience any issues once Communities have been re-enabled. Thanks!

--

Hi everyone,

So, as you’ve noticed, today’s patch release has not gone nearly as smoothly as we would have liked. We’re sorry for how this has affected the stability and playability of the game while these issues have been ongoing. This has obviously not been the launch that any of us wanted.

That said, we want you to know that there are currently several teams of people working hard to get you back in Azeroth and enjoying the Battle for Azeroth Pre-Patch as quickly as possible. We’ll share more details in this thread when we can.

Thanks for your patience,

The World of Warcraft Team
Thanks for the update; take your time, do it right.

We'll still be here.
Thank you for the update. At least someone cares.
Yes despite the supposed end of the world we'll live. Don't stress.
-patiently waits-
If only we got an update lets say... 5 hours ago when it was supposed to launch compared to now. I hope after all the time it gets done better than WoD's launch. I think this is approaching the worst launch of content so far.
07/17/2018 07:51 PMPosted by Ornyx
Hi everyone,

So, as you’ve noticed, today’s patch release has not gone nearly as smoothly as we would have liked. We’re sorry for how this has affected the stability and playability of the game while these issues have been ongoing. This has obviously not been the launch that any of us wanted.

That said, we want you to know that there are currently several teams of people working hard to get you back in Azeroth and enjoying the Battle for Azeroth Pre-Patch as quickly as possible. We’ll share more details in this thread when we can.

Will players subscriptions be compensated in any way?
World wide launch in a month

:ConcernedFrog:
07/17/2018 07:55 PMPosted by Kìtan
If only we got an update lets say... 5 hours ago when it was supposed to launch compared to now. I hope after all the time it gets done better than WoD's launch. I think this is approaching the worst launch of content so far.

Oh yes 5 hours ago they just knew it would be another 5 hours...

They waited this long just to spite you...
07/17/2018 07:51 PMPosted by Ornyx
Hi everyone,

What about comping paying customers a day of time since people could only log on for about 20 minutes total today before login servers were blown up.
*sits down and patiently waits*

I was looking forward to playing after work today, but I don't mind, things happen. =)
thanks
Thank you and cant wait to play
07/17/2018 07:56 PMPosted by Kimmiroa

Oh yes 5 hours ago they just knew it would be another 5 hours...

They waited this long just to spite you...

If only there was a certain fee to pay for their services to be provided to give us a better experience... Oh wait

Literally just go on Twitter. The Blizzard CS account has been regularly tweeting updates all day and responding to individual people.
Will we atleast be able to play tonight?
Thanks Mr. Goat. Would appreciate ETAs or any kind of status that can be shared to set expectations.
If servers dont come on soon I'm going to start drinking again...no one wants that..just ask my cousin Steve
I haven't been able to play for 5 hours after the time servers were estimated they would be up. Clearly I deserve 5 months of playtime for free.