Battle for Azeroth Pre-patch Update *Updated 7/20

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 Next
07/18/2018 10:00 PMPosted by Askania

Unless Blizzard does something about the return of fullscreen mode I am out for good and that is breaking my heart. I cant play in windowed mode even wearing my glasses which I have never had to do before. It hurts my eyes is giving me serious headaches and making me seriously ill. I already have a chronic illness and don't need to add to that. I have been a subscriber since 2007 except for maybe 6 months in the last 11 years and I don't want to have to give up a game I love playing because of this issue. And I am not the only one. The fullscreen issue is one of the biggest complaints currently on the forums and players are feeling like they're being ignored, so is blizzard planning on fixing this issue?

sorry to hear that (about you not being able to play in windowed mode due to illness) , but from a technical point of view DX12 does not support fullscreen and they don't want to have 2 different teams working on DX11 and DX12 for a game
Is there an ETA for communities? Are we looking at days, weeks, or it being scrapped altogether? I was so excited for it. :(
07/17/2018 09:25 PMPosted by Revren
07/17/2018 07:55 PMPosted by Zerkon
Will players subscriptions be compensated in any way?

lol yea man, here's a quarter

What are these air quarter's? Because im not seeing it!
Cancelled sub. Expires in eight days.
Uninstalled.

BfA launch is going to be a !@#$show.
I'll see you in October when you're done with Beta.
And, for the record, communication about coming graphics changes should have been much more thorough.

Things like removing old character models, and changing liquid rendering and detail settings, and requiring shadows.

These things should have had an entirely separate thread or blog post.

“WoW: Graphics Changes in 8.0”

Something like that.
The lack of communication just adds another whole layer of chaos on top
of the unprofessionalism of patch day.
We’re planning to run an initial test of re-activating the Communities feature on a few realms this morning. Those realms are:

• Black Dragonflight
• Gul’dan
• Skullcrusher
• Lightbringer
• Mal’ganis

This test is scheduled to begin at roughly 9 AM Pacific time. If you’re on one of the above realms, please let us know if you experience any issues once Communities have been re-enabled. Thanks!
What about 1-98 scaling and basically draenor monsters being mini-raid bosses? A single draenor mob took my bm hunter 30-60 seconds per pull. They have 20-30k health and my pet was hitting for SIXTY DAMAGE. I know there is an issue because with the same gear i was killing monsters in legion areas in 3-4 hits, as opposed to 30-60 seconds.
07/18/2018 10:00 PMPosted by Askania
Unless Blizzard does something about the return of fullscreen mode I am out for good and that is breaking my heart. I cant play in windowed mode even wearing my glasses which I have never had to do before. It hurts my eyes is giving me serious headaches and making me seriously ill. I already have a chronic illness and don't need to add to that. I have been a subscriber since 2007 except for maybe 6 months in the last 11 years and I don't want to have to give up a game I love playing because of this issue. And I am not the only one. The fullscreen issue is one of the biggest complaints currently on the forums and players are feeling like they're being ignored, so is blizzard planning on fixing this issue?

Windowed Fullscreen and actual Fullscreen should not look any different from each other visually. The complaints people have are that specific functionality, such as G-Sync or variable refresh rates, do not function as intended in Windowed Fullscreen mode.

If you're having a visual issue in 8.0, lack of pure Fullscreen mode is probably not to blame. What exactly is the issue you are having? Smaller UI? It isn't super clear from your post.
07/19/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Bornakk
We’re planning to run an initial test of re-activating the Communities feature on a few realms this morning. Those realms are:

• Black Dragonflight
• Gul’dan
• Skullcrusher
• Lightbringer
• Mal’ganis

This test is scheduled to begin at roughly 9 AM Pacific time. If you’re on one of the above realms, please let us know if you experience any issues once Communities have been re-enabled. Thanks!

im on malganis and its not enabled
ok now they enable it =)
Well this isn't fair, why only those servers? :p

(I'm just joking)

Hopefully everything goes well.
so far so good havent gotta disconnects yet
07/17/2018 07:55 PMPosted by Zerkon
07/17/2018 07:51 PMPosted by Ornyx
Hi everyone,

So, as you’ve noticed, today’s patch release has not gone nearly as smoothly as we would have liked. We’re sorry for how this has affected the stability and playability of the game while these issues have been ongoing. This has obviously not been the launch that any of us wanted.

That said, we want you to know that there are currently several teams of people working hard to get you back in Azeroth and enjoying the Battle for Azeroth Pre-Patch as quickly as possible. We’ll share more details in this thread when we can.

Thanks for your patience,

The World of Warcraft Team

Will players subscriptions be compensated in any way?

LOL Oh...I'm sorry, I thought you were serious for a minute there! +10 for the humor in this post
Any word on how it's going in the servers with iCommunities turned back on yet?
Not really feeling this arbitrary community feature. If it means I have server drops/resets for its individualized maintenance. Servers really need to go down for this...?

{incoming some super white b-i mean white knight.].

Just saying... a social feature that is so close to a servers stability doesnt make me feel very... stable.
07/19/2018 10:58 AMPosted by Flaxin

Things are looking good and testing is going to happen on other realms.
07/19/2018 11:10 AMPosted by Bornakk

Servers down errors on login. Is this because things are looking good?
07/19/2018 11:10 AMPosted by Bornakk

Is that why the realms are restarting? I love the new guild ui so hopefully it's back soon!
You have test servers and scheduled maintenance windows - is there some reason this feature no one asked for is so important you can't push it out on those or during that time period instead of hosing production servers mid-day? Like every other IT department in the world...
cant seem to log into the game. says servers are down whats the deal??