Battle for Azeroth Pre-patch Update *Updated 7/20

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11
They want us too toon into QA LOL Convenience, I mean "maintenance".
So, reading most of these comments about getting re-embursed, and the complaining about patch downtime and unexpected maintenance kind had me shaking my head.
1. Your subscription fee isn't just about playing the game, you are paying for the support of the game as well. If the servers go down, and they are in the process of fixing it, they are not breaching your contract, as a matter of fact they are meeting the expectation of your payment. Reimbursing for a full day is more a courtesy than an obligation.
2. Those who are angry about the downage clearly do not work in the IT field. Bugs happen, being tested or not, they will always happen. Even if on the handful of servers they test on pass, it will still happen. They can only mass deploy once, all you can do is prepare and ensure you have staff on hand to resolve the issues. Testing may help mitigate many of the issues, but it will never solve 100% of the issues.
3. While on the subject of testing. Blizzard did indeed have testers, the many tens of thousands of testers that got beta key invites. But the people who are supposedly 'testing' are more concerned with mapping out raids, or checking to see what changed without actually testing the content. There are many times more "Fix my class cause i hate it" posts for feedback than "hey i ran into this wall and the game crashed" (which is what testers are supposed to do). Unfortunately this is Blizzard's only solution, just because of the size of the game itself it is virtually impossible to capture all bugs with an expansion overhaul with a group the size of WoW's dev team.
4. This is by far not the worst pre-patch release I've seen. When WotLK pre-patch hit, the game was pretty much unplayable for 2 days. Each pre-patch that came out after has gotten better and better with down-time.

TL DR; Stop fretting, Blizzard is doing what you paid them to do. Testing doesn't solve 100% of the problems. This isn't the worst pre-patch.
07/19/2018 11:10 AMPosted by Bornakk
Things are looking good and testing is going to happen on other realms.

The communities UI is not loaded immediately at login if one is in a guild, and the first line spoken to guild chat fails. The communities UI needs to be loaded automatically, at least if one is in a guild (or possibly in a community, I don't know if the same thing applies there).

Bug report here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765917556
07/19/2018 11:55 AMPosted by Spaartan
So, reading most of these comments about getting re-embursed, and the complaining about patch downtime and unexpected maintenance kind had me shaking my head.
1. Your subscription fee isn't just about playing the game, you are paying for the support of the game as well. If the servers go down, and they are in the process of fixing it, they are not breaching your contract, as a matter of fact they are meeting the expectation of your payment. Reimbursing for a full day is more a courtesy than an obligation.
2. Those who are angry about the downage clearly do not work in the IT field. Bugs happen, being tested or not, they will always happen. Even if on the handful of servers they test on pass, it will still happen. They can only mass deploy once, all you can do is prepare and ensure you have staff on hand to resolve the issues. Testing may help mitigate many of the issues, but it will never solve 100% of the issues.
3. While on the subject of testing. Blizzard did indeed have testers, the many tens of thousands of testers that got beta key invites. But the people who are supposedly 'testing' are more concerned with mapping out raids, or checking to see what changed without actually testing the content. There are many times more "Fix my class cause i hate it" posts for feedback than "hey i ran into this wall and the game crashed" (which is what testers are supposed to do). Unfortunately this is Blizzard's only solution, just because of the size of the game itself it is virtually impossible to capture all bugs with an expansion overhaul with a group the size of WoW's dev team.
4. This is by far not the worst pre-patch release I've seen. When WotLK pre-patch hit, the game was pretty much unplayable for 2 days. Each pre-patch that came out after has gotten better and better with down-time.

TL DR; Stop fretting, Blizzard is doing what you paid them to do. Testing doesn't solve 100% of the problems. This isn't the worst pre-patch.
it's not a matter of downtime in ny opinion, I've been testing the lower content, the monster scaling and stuff is completely broke and getting one shot by a mob cause It hits a 40k. On me when I only have 9k. Health is a problem. The game needs fixed badly at the moment downtime shouldn't be anyone concern, but rather the concern should be focused on the current playability and leveling ability of the game.

Logged in as GM to each Realm I have characters on to test "Communities" connectivity and ability to function. I did not test making a community on each yet (still brainstorming ideas):
Area 52 (H) = Connected, Functional, and Working

Darrowmere (A) = Connected, Functional, and Working...but has some players missing from the roster (looks to be players who have left the guild a year ago). These show up as blank table lines in between other players still in the guild.

Moon Guard (A) = Connected, Functional, and Working
Sen'jin (A) = Connected, Functional, and Working
Stormrage (A) = Connected, Functional, and Working
Proudmoore (A) = Connected, Functional, and Working
Zul'jin (H) = Connected, Functional, and Working, even though I do not yet have a guild established on this server yet.

I do belong to a Community called Mord's Learn2Raid, which has both Alliance and Horde Channels, and the Community communication channel is working as intended.
07/19/2018 12:27 PMPosted by Demonicgrim
07/19/2018 11:55 AMPosted by Spaartan

it's not a matter of downtime in ny opinion, I've been testing the lower content, the monster scaling and stuff is completely broke and getting one shot by a mob cause It hits a 40k. On me when I only have 9k. Health is a problem. The game needs fixed badly at the moment downtime shouldn't be anyone concern, but rather the concern should be focused on the current playability and leveling ability of the game.

That's also just number tuning, and certainly not game breaking though. I was honestly more referring to the people who think pre-patch should go on without a hitch and why no company can be perfect on that day.
Thank you for letting us know. It's better to solve the issues now, rather than the launch.
07/19/2018 10:58 AMPosted by Flaxin
Any word on how it's going in the servers with iCommunities turned back on yet?

Why was this all not covered in the actual testing?
I tried to enter my class hall (maelstrom) with my 104 shammy last night and on the load screen to class hall the game quit. Subsequently I have tried 5 times over 12 hours and cannot get past the load screen for that character. The exact same issue arose for my friend and his shammy last night as well. Any time we try to access that particular character(s) the game quits on the load screen. They are show as being in Maelstrom. Other characters work fine but will not attempt class hall entry. We are running the Pre-Release for Battle for Azeroth
So last night my guild did heroic Antorus and man it was difficult compared to how it used to be. Normal is a total cakewalk, however. I am wondering if there is any sort of ETA when you guys are hoping to have that numbers adjusted to a more manageable state?
Any information on level scaling/tuning after the stat squish? 70-80 and 80-90 feels pretty bad compared to 7.3.5. Thanks for all y’alls hard work!
07/19/2018 07:45 PMPosted by Anareiel

Why was this all not covered in the actual testing?

This was explained in the QnA. To many factors to consider. Ion did a good job in explaining the problem.
At this point, servers are stable and we aren't seeing any major login issues.

Thanks for your patience as we worked this out!

Closing.