Battle for Azeroth Pre-patch Update *Updated 7/20

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 11 Next
Oh my, I dont think I can hold on any longer...i'm feeling a faint pull from Diablo 2..........
07/17/2018 07:58 PMPosted by Frylock
1 day is what like 50 cents? Really? You need that 50 cents that bad? It's not worth a credit of monetary value. Lets propose better terms, 1 Artifact trait back in BFA per hour.

07/17/2018 07:58 PMPosted by Cartis
So I'm genuinely curious ... To those asking to be compensated, what do you actually think you are entitled to?

I ask because one day's worth of play time is worth 50 cents. Do want Blizzard to credit 50 cents to your account?

I've been an active WoW player on and off for over a decade now and these things happen all the time. When servers issues arise from certain periods of time, Blizzard has been known to credit affected players with free game time as compensation.

We're paying $15 a month (+tax in some states) to play the game and when the game is suppose to be working during normal operation hours but isn't, yes I expect to be compensated.
Can we get a post-mortem of what went wrong and what you are doing to prevent this in the future?
07/17/2018 07:55 PMPosted by Zerkon
Will players subscriptions be compensated in any way?

So I'm genuinely curious ... To those asking to be compensated, what do you actually think you are entitled to?

I ask because one day's worth of play time is worth 50 cents. Do want Blizzard to credit 50 cents to your account?

Frankly, yes. I didn't pay for a day of nothing but "wait patently" every hour for the last 9 hours. If anything it'll teach them some humility and losing a good chunk of money when you add up the amount of players they have to compensate.
I'm a college student and money is tight... is my $0.46 going to be reimbursed? That would be very nice, thank you.
07/17/2018 07:51 PMPosted by Ornyx
Hi everyone,

So, as you’ve noticed, today’s patch release has not gone nearly as smoothly as we would have liked. We’re sorry for how this has affected the stability and playability of the game while these issues have been ongoing. This has obviously not been the launch that any of us wanted.

That said, we want you to know that there are currently several teams of people working hard to get you back in Azeroth and enjoying the Battle for Azeroth Pre-Patch as quickly as possible. We’ll share more details in this thread when we can.

Thanks for your patience,

The World of Warcraft Team

Here's a quarter. That should cover the first 12 hours of downtime. If we go another 12 hours you can ask for another 25 cents. :P
07/17/2018 07:58 PMPosted by Broklesnar
We don't want your apologies. We want at least 24 hours of game time or the release of the War of Thorns quest line a week early.

Lol
07/17/2018 07:58 PMPosted by Imblazed
If servers dont come on soon I'm going to start drinking again...no one wants that..just ask my cousin Steve

this.
Please cancel the worldwide launch, servers won't be able to handle it.
07/17/2018 07:55 PMPosted by Kìtan
If only we got an update lets say... 5 hours ago when it was supposed to launch compared to now. I hope after all the time it gets done better than WoD's launch. I think this is approaching the worst launch of content so far.

What content? Once you get done setting up your talents and 'learning' your new setup, that you've had access to via the PTR the last month, there is literally nothing 'new' for you to do. :/
anyone else love how my ID says troll druid but clearly shows a highmountain tauren :DDD lmao
07/17/2018 07:58 PMPosted by Frylock

1 day is what like 50 cents? Really? You need that 50 cents that bad? It's not worth a credit of monetary value. Lets propose better terms, 1 Artifact trait back in BFA per hour.

LOL I like the way you think!
Got spoiled with the smooth roll-out of patch 7.0.3, it seems.

Ah well, at least this pre-patch still isn't anything like how patch 3.0.2 landed.
We're in, boys.
07/17/2018 08:05 PMPosted by Lietsfury
07/17/2018 07:55 PMPosted by Kìtan
If only we got an update lets say... 5 hours ago when it was supposed to launch compared to now. I hope after all the time it gets done better than WoD's launch. I think this is approaching the worst launch of content so far.

What content? Once you get done setting up your talents and 'learning' your new setup, that you've had access to via the PTR the last month, there is literally nothing 'new' for you to do. :/

That's basically the point of the prepatch. Look at the new shiny systems, figure out your class, then business as usual besides stuff that was removed.
If only there were some type of non main realm or server you could use to test out all of the bugs and garbage beforehand like a real for players to test on. Crazy idea i know.
It's back up boys!
07/17/2018 08:00 PMPosted by Grimcreaper
07/17/2018 07:58 PMPosted by Broklesnar
We don't want your apologies. We want at least 24 hours of game time or the release of the War of Thorns quest line a week early.

Laughing Out Loud.

So much entitlement. Sorry Bruhski but you get NEITHER.

It wasn't all that long ago that Blizzard did give players time credit for when a patch did cause issues like this. I remember up though WotLK, having almost 10 days "earned" from such issues. One of which was from a vanilla patch that resulted in servers being down for DAYS, they gave everyone 3 days of game time.

If they plan on doing this once again, it will only happen AFTER they get the servers back up and make a determination of how much time should be given out.
07/17/2018 07:59 PMPosted by Swarbryda
Are there going to be any job openings?

Sure. If you're H1B or OPT.