Battle for Azeroth Pre-patch Update *Updated 7/20

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 11 Next
Back up for me too!
ITT: People who have clearly not worked in the tech space on a large scale, and have no sense of what's actually important.

MUH COMPENSATION! Spare me with this crap, ISPs don't guarantee 100% uptime and don't give compensation for any of their downtime. Blizzard doesn't have to either.
07/17/2018 07:56 PMPosted by Zyky
07/17/2018 07:51 PMPosted by Ornyx
Hi everyone,

So, as you’ve noticed, today’s patch release has not gone nearly as smoothly as we would have liked. We’re sorry for how this has affected the stability and playability of the game while these issues have been ongoing. This has obviously not been the launch that any of us wanted.

That said, we want you to know that there are currently several teams of people working hard to get you back in Azeroth and enjoying the Battle for Azeroth Pre-Patch as quickly as possible. We’ll share more details in this thread when we can.

Thanks for your patience,

The World of Warcraft Team

What about comping paying customers a day of time since people could only log on for about 20 minutes total today before login servers were blown up.

I will break open my piggy bank and give you your 25 cents.
07/17/2018 07:55 PMPosted by Zerkon
Hi everyone,

So, as you’ve noticed, today’s patch release has not gone nearly as smoothly as we would have liked. We’re sorry for how this has affected the stability and playability of the game while these issues have been ongoing. This has obviously not been the launch that any of us wanted.

That said, we want you to know that there are currently several teams of people working hard to get you back in Azeroth and enjoying the Battle for Azeroth Pre-Patch as quickly as possible. We’ll share more details in this thread when we can.

Will players subscriptions be compensated in any way?

$15 a month = about 50 cents a day = about 2 cents an hour. Where would you like them to mail your six cent check?
Hi everyone,

What am I supposed to take away from this apology? The feeling that, "oh well, another time I suppose?" "They're doing their best, it's ok that I wasted my evening trying to get in?"

I have nothing personal against any of you. I have nothing against WoW. But, after 14 years, don't you think there are SOME non-software precautions you could take? Like, releasing the patch late at night so that these bugs can be ironed out before high-play hours? Or even just guaranteeing some compensation off the bat if something goes wrong, even if it is just one day of game time?

Apologies are below basic. Give us strategies. Compensation. Otherwise it just feels like you're talking down to us.
The fact that I am being kept from sitting in town and fussing with my talents and WeakAuras will negatively impact my actual launch experience to the tune of ONE MILLION DOLLARS. I expect to be compensated.

/sarcasm

@WarcraftDevs Thank you for all you do. I will wrestle cookie recipes from a certain shaman and send them your way.
S L A P I N T H E F A C E
07/17/2018 08:09 PMPosted by Kaidan
<span class="truncated">...</span>

$15 a month = about 50 cents a day = about 2 cents an hour. Where would you like them to mail your six cent check?

Considering servers have been down since 1pm after coming up, its far more than 3 hours. Get your math straight.

07/17/2018 08:09 PMPosted by Mazikeene
07/17/2018 07:56 PMPosted by Zyky

What about comping paying customers a day of time since people could only log on for about 20 minutes total today before login servers were blown up.

I will break open my piggy bank and give you your 25 cents.

Are you going to give 4m players 25 cents?
07/17/2018 08:09 PMPosted by Kaidan

It was supposed to be done by 3. So five hours = 10 cents. Less postage, you now owe Blizzard 39 cents.
Must be an awfully stressful day at Blizzard HQ. Have a good rest tonight, lads.
07/17/2018 08:03 PMPosted by Brewstep
Can we get a post-mortem of what went wrong and what you are doing to prevent this in the future?

This.
So, as you’ve noticed,

I did not notice at all.
*hacker voice*
I'm in
07/17/2018 08:09 PMPosted by Nikolus
Hi everyone,

What am I supposed to take away from this apology? The feeling that, "oh well, another time I suppose?" "They're doing their best, it's ok that I wasted my evening trying to get in?"

I have nothing personal against any of you. I have nothing against WoW. But, after 14 years, don't you think there are SOME non-software precautions you could take? Like, releasing the patch late at night so that these bugs can be ironed out before high-play hours? Or even just guaranteeing some compensation off the bat if something goes wrong, even if it is just one day of game time?

Apologies are below basic. Give us strategies. Compensation. Otherwise it just feels like you're talking down to us.

omg i forgot how good the forums are
I'm curious if this is related to the unnecessary "raid voice chat" they added?

We went through this in 2.2 When they added VOIP and were completely unready for what it would do to their systems, essentially I "think" at the time blizz ddosed themselves. (that patch was early TBC)
Servers were sketchy at best for a week.

I think the point of wanting the .50 refund in time is that it will add up to millions, and their masters at Activision will notice.

We had one years ago, I'd imagine heads rolled over it, but funny... Patch launches got mostly flawless for years after.
Thanks!
Hi everyone,

im no blizz sympathiser i complain more than anything but i hate these compensation ideas. Its like.. a few hours... do you want blizzard to forward 50 cents to your bnet balance or something?

im no blizz sympathiser i complain more than anything but i hate these compensation ideas. Its like.. a few hours... do you want blizzard to farward 50 cents to your bnet balance or something?

I don't want the 50 cents. I want the game time back. The product my 50 cents paid for.
Take your time (but hurry up)
Mooooooooooo........