Battle for Azeroth Pre-patch Update *Updated 7/20

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 11 Next

im no blizz sympathiser i complain more than anything but i hate these compensation ideas. Its like.. a few hours... do you want blizzard to farward 50 cents to your bnet balance or something?

I don't want the 50 cents. I want the game time back. The product my 50 cents paid for.

Let's be honest here. Your 50 cents, or your parents' 50 cents?
I think the idea of actually comping people 50 cents to their blizzard account is genius. It might appear as a big loss at first just because of the shear number of accounts, but people would have no way to spend it without spending a much bigger amount of money, anyway,
07/17/2018 08:11 PMPosted by Nikolus
07/17/2018 08:03 PMPosted by Brewstep
Can we get a post-mortem of what went wrong and what you are doing to prevent this in the future?

This.

It's the least they owe us.
Any ETA on communities and voice chat coming back?
That's all my complaint ever was with unscheduled maintenance, stuff happens, a lack of communication. I really appreciate the update.

I would have gambled they all went home until tomorrow's shift. So it's good to know they are still plugging away at it.
07/17/2018 08:16 PMPosted by Inferis

I don't want the 50 cents. I want the game time back. The product my 50 cents paid for.

Your question, or a recycled meaningless troll-question that obfuscates the point?
As we work to identify the cause of these issues, we will be temporarily disabling the World of Warcraft Communities feature. The in-game and guild chat channels will still be available for use. The Guild Calendar may also be missing events while we address these concerns.
07/17/2018 07:55 PMPosted by Zerkon
Will players subscriptions be compensated in any way?
Unforeseen problems are okay, no one who has an opinion that matters blames the Devs. But if the game is going to be down all day the best way to deal with that is giving players an extra day of game time.
07/17/2018 08:21 PMPosted by Ornyx
As we work to identify the cause of these issues, we will be temporarily disabling the World of Warcraft Communities feature. The in-game and guild chat channels will still be available for use. The Guild Calendar may also be missing events while we address these concerns.

Can we get a commitment to a post-mortem explanation and future prevention?
Lets do the "math" for those asking for compensation. 30/15 = 2/24 = $0.0834 per hour. Yes, if you want "compensation" for not able to login, it will be 8.34 cents per hour. Or half a dollar for 6 hours.

Now be a mature person and give them some slack. The world is not ending. Have a good day!

Your question, or a recycled meaningless troll-question that obfuscates the point?

Mine. This level of childish entitlement = probably a child. I guess I have my answer, lol...
To the person that said ISP's don't compensate for downtime...mine does. I rely on my internet for far more than game play and any time it is down for more than 25 minutes I call and demand that the day be credited to my monthly bill.

While it does seems entitled or demanding to ask for compensation from Blizzard for the inconvenience of not playing their game, they are selling a product on a timed subscription. Whether it is down for 2 hours or 12 hours, if it is down during the only time I had available to play today then they have taken a days worth of compensation without providing the product which I paid for. I do get that maintenance has to be done and the fact that they warn ahead of time for maintenance covers them, but outside of the warning I expect to be able to play when I have availability to log on and if I cannot then they should not take pay for that day.
07/17/2018 08:23 PMPosted by Lovelywazbb
Lets do the "math" for those asking for compensation. 30/15 = 2/24 = $0.0834 per hour. Yes, if you want "compensation" for not able to login, it will be 8.34 cents per hour. Or half a dollar for 6 hours.

Now be a mature person and give them some slack. The world is not ending. Have a good day!

It's not about money, it's about the time wasted trying to play something that people PAY for. Are you being stupid on purpose, or do you really not understand that paying for a service means you should have access to that service?
I can now attempt to log in. I get the loading progress bar about 80% complete, and it just sits there. Can't login. Still. Time for bed and hoping for a better morning.
07/17/2018 08:26 PMPosted by Laaku
It's not about money, it's about the time wasted trying to play something that people PAY for. Are you being stupid on purpose, or do you really not understand that paying for a service means you should have access to that service?

Nowhere in the ToS do they guarantee 100% uptime or have any promise of compensation for downtime.
It could be that when "the new guy" was working on the update, he accidentally used the same flashdrive that had The Sword of a Thousand Truths (you know, from Saltzmann (sp?) in Accounting) and somehow repopulated Hillary's 33,000 emails; it's not their fault BleachBit takes forever.
07/17/2018 08:33 PMPosted by Porkd
07/17/2018 08:26 PMPosted by Laaku

Nowhere in the ToS do they guarantee 100% uptime or have any promise of compensation for downtime.

You go to buy some lemonade from the store. When you go to drink it, the lemonade has a cockroach floating in it. You go into the store, and demand a refund, but the store says "tough luck pal, you already bought it".

You're telling me that you shouldn't be compensated for the drink?
07/17/2018 08:37 PMPosted by Laaku
07/17/2018 08:33 PMPosted by Porkd

You go to buy some lemonade from the store. When you go to drink it, the lemonade has a cockroach floating in it. You go into the store, and demand a refund, but the store says "tough luck pal, you already bought it".

07/17/2018 08:37 PMPosted by Laaku

Not even close to what I'm saying, but sure let's make THAT kind of comparison.

Does your home ISP guarantee 100% up-time? No. Do they come back with compensation if your net is down for a few hours? Fat chance they do, more like "We're sorry for the inconvenience."
07/17/2018 07:57 PMPosted by Kìtan
07/17/2018 07:56 PMPosted by Kimmiroa

Oh yes 5 hours ago they just knew it would be another 5 hours...

They waited this long just to spite you...

If only there was a certain fee to pay for their services to be provided to give us a better experience... Oh wait

Pft like blizzard is the only company to have to temporarily take down services for maintenance. Clearly its 100% uptime or just dont exist right?
07/17/2018 07:58 PMPosted by Megaknuckles
Will we atleast be able to play tonight?

I'm playing now.