Stat Squish and Old Raids

Bug Report
Stat Squish and Old Raids is definitely bugged. I have had no issue previously, and as recently as Monday, soloing AQ40. Now today? Bosses are no longer one-shot kills, and I cannot shatter Viscidus. I can freeze him, but no matter what I do, he gets to shatter 2/3 and unfreezes. This includes just auto attack and using all of my cooldowns. The stat Squish and its effect on old world raids needs adjusting.
This isnt the right forum you want dungeon and raids forums.
I did MC, BWL, Gruul, Mag, and Serpent today with no issue. I had to hit a few mobs twice. But other than that no issues. I am waiting to see how it goes as I progress further.
Viscidus not shattering is a bug, not a dungeon and raid issue
THen post it in the bug forums CS is not the proper place to report bugs we have a bug forum for that.
Then blame Blizzard? I clicked on their report bug link.

Oh wait, this is the Bug Report forums, imagine that.
This is the bug report forum
I noticed the same in Molten Core. The difficultly gap seems much more pronounced at lower levels where a level 70 could solo it in decent gear prepatch but now can't get past even the first trash pull. This doesn't seem to be the case for a decent geared 110 running Blackrock Foundry so it looks like at higher levels it's not as severe. Still, I hope this is something that isn't permanent as I enjoyed soloing old content pre-patch and hope it's something that will be possible in BFA as well.
But it wasnt the bug report forum it got moved over.
It's important to note that threads get moved sometimes and can start in the wrong place.

Popping all your cooldowns doesn't exactly guarantee a Viscidus shatter. I'd figure you probably lost some haste, you lost number of abilities, some were changed to different damage types, and probably something else in there that reduced your number of physical damage attacks. Only physical will shatter him. I haven't gone in to test him since yesterday, but I might go ahead and do that after I check on something else.

Either way, more hits on most bosses isn't a bug or error. It's part of the squish. It's disappointing, but at the same time you're basically guaranteed not to die so you're just losing some time, not dealing with more risk (in most cases).
I spent 37+ minutes attempting to kill him, doing everything I have the ability to do. Before the patch I never had to take him past a second shatter, and I am doing everything I can to increase physical damage, including using trinkets that do physical damage. It hasn't made any difference.

Update: I have the same amount of haste that I had, at least percentage wise. Phase 2 C'thun now forces you to go into his stomach.
07/18/2018 06:55 PMPosted by Lamaiyn
I am doing everything I can to increase physical damage, including using trinkets that do physical damage.

It's number of physical hits only. Not damage amount. I just soloed it on my mage after pulling him without waiting out my trinket. You aren't doing enough physical damage attacks, that's all.

Frost only gets 2 melee swings and a total of 3 ability-attacks that do physical damage. That's it. Faster weapons, more haste, etc.
07/18/2018 07:11 PMPosted by Alextium
07/18/2018 06:55 PMPosted by Lamaiyn
I am doing everything I can to increase physical damage, including using trinkets that do physical damage.

It's number of physical hits only. Not damage amount. I just soloed it on my mage after pulling him without waiting out my trinket. You aren't doing enough physical damage attacks, that's all.

Frost only gets 2 melee swings and a total of 3 ability-attacks that do physical damage. That's it. Faster weapons, more haste, etc.

I'm using exclusively obliterate and death strike, and using empower rune weapon for the 15% haste, plus a trinket that does physical damage ticks.
In raids and dungeons simple creatures are able to one hit kill such as the spiders. And one boss auto killed the whole party in one ability. Please fix. There was nothing wrong with original stats.
07/18/2018 07:17 PMPosted by Lamaiyn
I'm using exclusively obliterate and death strike, and using empower rune weapon for the 15% haste, plus a trinket that does physical damage ticks.

Ticks shouldn't do anything. It should be actual unique hits. Blizzard counts because it ticks a damage pulse, not a DoT tick. They might've even combined the two Obliterate attacks into 1 attack report (I don't play Frost, so I dunno), which would reduce your hits.

Either way, you're not doing enough unique physical hits. That isn't abug. Might be due to the abilities changes or squish or whatever, but it's not bugged in and of itself. Go get a crate of puppies or just get faster melee weapons.

07/18/2018 07:17 PMPosted by Cainn
In raids and dungeons simple creatures are able to one hit kill such as the spiders. And one boss auto killed the whole party in one ability. Please fix. There was nothing wrong with original stats.

This isn't specific enough for them to do anything with.
I did finally get him, just barely, like with 0.5 seconds left on his freeze. Using the 15% haste buff, and cherry picking my gear with the most haste form other specs to get to 25% haste.
On my Frost DK (now i207) I do my weekly futility run for Nightmare mount in ICC. A simple Howling Blast would previously take out anything it hits with one hit. Now I can blast a single trash 3 or 4 times before it drops.
07/18/2018 08:47 PMPosted by Mitsurugi
On my Frost DK (now i207) I do my weekly futility run for Nightmare mount in ICC. A simple Howling Blast would previously take out anything it hits with one hit. Now I can blast a single trash 3 or 4 times before it drops.

Not a bug. They squished all stats again, and that includes Legion gear, which means you aren't a walking god compared to the mobs anymore.
the stat squish was intended (as explained by blizzard) to reduce to astronomical numbers reflecting player stats, such as health, and go from say...showing in the millions down to more easily read thousands, lowering the numbers across the board evenly for players and mobs alike evenly.

but that did not happen... again.
it was suppose to go something like.....player power level 9000 down to 3000, mob power level 9000 down to 3000.

but it seems we got....player power level 3000 and mobs ended up with 6000

nappa questioned, vegita verified
07/18/2018 10:02 PMPosted by Deathmerc
but it seems we got....player power level 3000 and mobs ended up with 6000

This is supposed to basically be the case. Any specific instances where it's not, make sure to file a report for that case. Same thing happened with the Warlords squish, and the problems got progressively hammered out over the course of that expansion cycle.