/Castrandom not random?

UI and Macro
I'm currently using a castrandom macro for mounts so I can have custom mounts per toon. But as of the patch it will only cast one mount, ignoring all of the others. Did something change?

#showtooltip Valarjar Stormwing
/castrandom [nomounted] Deathlord's Vilebrood Vanquisher, Headless Horseman's Mount, Icebound Frostbrood Vanquisher, Ironbound Wraithcharger, Smoldering Ember Wyrm, Valarjar Stormwing
/dismount [mounted]

Thanks
I'm having the same issue. I have the macro...

#showtooltip
/castrandom Huntmaster's Loyal Wolfhawk, Huntmaster's Fierce Wolfhawk, Huntmaster's Dire Wolfhawk

…on my hunter to randomly use one of my three class mounts but it seems to always use the same one.
I might be wrong but I believe you can set your favourite mounts and there should be a button which will randomly cast a mount from your favourites
Just use GoGo Mount
I came here because I'm having the same issue.
07/19/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Illidansgf
I might be wrong but I believe you can set your favourite mounts and there should be a button which will randomly cast a mount from your favourites
I have a lot of mounts favorited, but only want to summon a random one from a smaller pool on a certain character that complement the class (Invincible or Icebound Frostbrood Vanquisher on my DK, for example), and I don't want to have to remove all my other favorites just to do that, because I also use the summon random favorite mount button on another character. If the favorites were class-specific, then I could totally do that, but they are account-wide.

07/19/2018 02:55 PMPosted by Orphani
Just use GoGo Mount
I'd rather not have to get another addon to do something that I should be able to do with a macro.
It seems that this isn't specific to mounts either. I tested /castrandom Rejuvenation, Lifebloom, Regrowth on my druid, and it's only casting Rejuvenation.
Having the same issue.
07/19/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Illidansgf
There is, but it is account wide, meaning I have to use the same favorite mounts for all of my characters. I want to use specific mounts for each character.

07/19/2018 04:24 PMPosted by Nuko
It seems that this isn't specific to mounts either. I tested /castrandom Rejuvenation, Lifebloom, Regrowth on my druid, and it's only casting Rejuvenation.
Dang. Okay, I wonder if there is something they changed. I hope to get an answer here if possible.
I use a /castrandom macro for all my polymorph spells. It’s no longer random, just one spell all the time.

Glad to know others are facing the same issue. Hopefully someone will let us know what’s going on and how to fix this!
07/20/2018 03:28 PMPosted by Anarlina
I use a /castrandom macro for all my polymorph spells. It’s no longer random, just one spell all the time.

Glad to know others are facing the same issue. Hopefully someone will let us know what’s going on and how to fix this!
Now that you mention it I do the same on my mage. Grr, this is an annoying bug, unless they changed the coding language or something.
chiming in to say that i discovered this today on my mage as well. tried altering the macro but nothing helps ATM
07/22/2018 03:52 AMPosted by Fathi
chiming in to say that i discovered this today on my mage as well. tried altering the macro but nothing helps ATM
Yeah I tried changing things here and there, but to no avail. I am not sure what to do about it.
Can we get this fixed?
Came here for the same reason. Hope this doesn't get ignored for months/years.
What you can do is run something like this below to get the index for the mounts you want to mount.

/script for i=1,C_MountJournal.GetNumMounts() do local m, _, _,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,o = C_MountJournal.GetMountInfoByID(i) if o then print("index: "..i..", mount: "..m) end end

I'd run that first and see if all the mounts you want are in that generated list. Chances are, you'll have too many mounts to display them all to the chat in one go so I'd change it to be by increments of 100 if you didn't get all the mounts you wanted:

/script for i=1,100 do local m, _, _,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,o = C_MountJournal.GetMountInfoByID(i) if o then print("index: "..i..", mount: "..m) end end

then after that, change the i=1,100 to i=100,200 and so on until you get all the mounts you want...

After that, put the index numbers that you want into a macro like this:

/run if IsMounted()then return end local t t={123,413,453,131,653} C_MountJournal.SummonByID(t[random(#t)])
/dismount

The place where the index comes in handy is the "t" variable that has the comma separated numbers. Just put the index number for the mounts you want to use in that list comma separated the way it is in the example above and you should be good to go.

It will take some work but it's better than nothing.
After that, put the index numbers that you want into a macro like this:

/run if IsMounted()then return end local t t={123,413,453,131,653} C_MountJournal.SummonByID(t[random(#t)])
/dismount

The place where the index comes in handy is the "t" variable that has the comma separated numbers. Just put the index number for the mounts you want to use in that list comma separated the way it is in the example above and you should be good to go.

It will take some work but it's better than nothing.
This works great, thanks. And thanks to 3 digit codes instead of entire names I get to pack more mounts into the macro.

I also found this macro to more easily find the index numbers, allowing you to mouse over in your mount journal, click the macro, and it puts it into your chatbox.

/run local i,m=GetMouseFocus().index if i then m = {C_MountJournal.GetDisplayedMountInfo(GetMouseFocus().index)} print(m[1],"is mountID",m[12]) end
TYVM Globs - is it possible to add in a 'flyable' / 'ground only' distinction as well?
Globs, could you translate this into a macro for calling random hunter pets?
Same problem here. To be more specific, when I use the macro the first time I log in, it appears to work and always casts a different mount. But, from then on, it keeps repeating the same mount as the first one it cast.

I'll try the Globs macro.
according to the wowhead blue tracker, there was a post about this on the EU forums too, which got a blue response, (loose quote)
"you can use the favorite mount button in your mount tab! it works just fine!"

way to miss the point, Blizz.

wish I could post over there, cause that really doesn't help when you want to summon different mounts on different toons