Teldrassil was a legitimate military target

Story Forum
1 2 3 5 Next
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
So was pearl harbor.
Washington DC would also be a legitimate military target. Canada burning a path to it, without care for civilian lives, and then holding the entire government hostage would still be morally reprehensible.
07/15/2018 12:32 AMPosted by Kaylae
So was pearl harbor.

And the retaliation thereof...
07/15/2018 12:38 AMPosted by Teilvia
Washington DC would also be a legitimate military target. Canada burning a path to it, without care for civilian lives, and then holding the entire government hostage would still be morally reprehensible.

Not if it stopped a nuclear war. Once you start talking about weapons capable of destroying entire cities, we end up in an 'ends justify the means' situation.
07/15/2018 12:28 AMPosted by Treng

Annnd so is Undercity and most definately Turaujo. But really, the issue with Darnassus is the Horde struck first. The paranoia of the Horde towards the Alliance knows no bounds, when in fact the Alliance could have dealt a crush blow back in MoP but it didnt.
07/15/2018 01:07 AMPosted by Zerde
and most definately Turaujo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5xSShK1QqA
07/15/2018 01:10 AMPosted by Treng
and most definately Turaujo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5xSShK1QqA

Don't complain when your own arguments get thrown back to your face. It just makes you look silly.
07/15/2018 12:45 AMPosted by Fondant
Not if it stopped a nuclear war. Once you start talking about weapons capable of destroying entire cities, we end up in an 'ends justify the means' situation.

It's not stopping anything. This is Anduin we're talking about. Sylvanas repeatedly mentions him by name when saying she's doing this to prevent an attack from him. Sylvanas isn't stopping anything by attacking Teldrassil because the thing she's talking about was never ever going to happen, Anduin is too Anduin for that.
I think Teldrassil was a legit target, but for reasons no one will ever say in game.

Genn attacked Sylvanas, the Warchief of the Horde, in Stormhiem. She would have been denounced if she started a war during the Legion invasion. So she waited. Now, the Legion is defeated, and it is time.

Genn and the Worgen were given safe harbor to plot their assassinations in Darnassus. So, Sylvanas goes to the tree and shakes it up.

It reminds me of 9-11. When America was attacked, they invaded Afghanistan because the Taliban allowed Al Qaeda to operate freely.

Sylvanas = America

Afghanistan/Taliban = Teldrassil/Night Elves

Al Qaeda = Worgen

She cant just let the Night Elves allow the Worgen to plot assassinations in Kalimdor.

But that is just my view based on events, and no in game characters seem to agree.
07/15/2018 08:41 AMPosted by Cursewords
I think Teldrassil was a legit target, but for reasons no one will ever say in game.

Genn attacked Sylvanas, the Warchief of the Horde, in Stormhiem. She would have been denounced if she started a war during the Legion invasion. So she waited. Now, the Legion is defeated, and it is time.

Genn and the Worgen were given safe harbor to plot their assassinations in Darnassus. So, Sylvanas goes to the tree and shakes it up.

It reminds me of 9-11. When America was attacked, they invaded Afghanistan because the Taliban allowed Al Qaeda to operate freely.

Sylvanas = America

Al Qaeda = Worgen

She cant just let the Night Elves allow the Worgen to plot assassinations in Kalimdor.

But that is just my view based on events, and no in game characters seem to agree.

Sylvanas is in occupation of Gilneas and has killed enormous portions of Genn's people, attempted to work others to death murdered his son and blighted his capital and to add a cherry on top tried to destroy the fleet that rescued him and his survivors and is now in the process of enslaving the Val'kyr bring Odyn into war against us at the same time we have to fight off the Legion.

It is more like Sylvanas=Konoe

Genn=Chiang Kai Shek and attacked back.
So was Theramore
So was the Undercity (both times)
So was Quel'thalas

The list goes on. What's the point of this thread?
07/15/2018 09:02 AMPosted by Casina
07/15/2018 08:41 AMPosted by Cursewords

Sylvanas = America

Al Qaeda = Worgen

Sylvanas is in occupation of Gilneas and has killed enormous portions of Genn's people, attempted to work others to death murdered his son and blighted his capital and to add a cherry on top tried to destroy the fleet that rescued him and his survivors and is now in the process of enslaving the Val'kyr bring Odyn into war against us at the same time we have to fight off the Legion.

It is more like Sylvanas=Konoe

Genn=Chiang Kai Shek and attacked back.

Let's not forget that those too old to work were then send off to the not so friendly alchemist right outside so that they could be experimented upon
07/15/2018 09:02 AMPosted by Casina
and is now in the process of enslaving the Val'kyr bring Odyn into war against us at the same time we have to fight off the Legion.

Genn knew nothing about this when he attacked the Forsaken fleet. The Horde and Alliance were still under truce when he and Rogers ordered the attack against Sylvanas. NATO and the Warsaw Pact in the early 80's unite under banner of truce to fight some aliens. On the way to assault the alien stronghold in Greenland, a Polish fleet attacks French ships (or a Belgian ship launches an attack against Ukrainians).

Sylvanas and the Horde were the aggressors against Gilneas and Gilneas was within their rights to retaliate. Neither the Horde nor Gilneas had any sort of truce agreed upon by their respective leaderships. Gilneas joined the Alliance. The Alliance negotiated a truce with the Horde for the purposes of fighting the Burning Legion. Gilneas, now a part of the Alliance, is beholden to that truce.

Genn and Rogers decide to attack Sylvanas because she's alone with her fleet and they'd have plausible deniability. This makes Genn and Rogers (and the Alliance by association) aggressors against the Forsaken (and the Horde by association). We'll gloss over it because keeping coherent threads is just not something CDev loves to do, but by any understanding Genn committed an act of war during a negotiated peace.
07/15/2018 09:35 AMPosted by Piouspelicañ
So was Theramore
So was Quel'thalas

I do not know. I suppose many players on both factions are decrying Sylvanas for being a meanie pants for attacking Teldrassil.

As if it is just some nice tree that gives shade to Org while the Night Elves leave bundles of wood and veggies at Org's door step every day.

Though the OP doesn't go much into depth.
So was Theramore
So was Quel'thalas

It's Treng trying to make a thread about how people bring up taurajo was a legitimate target in the narrative, failing to realize the only reason people bring it up is either ironicly, as a joke, or to bemoan it.
So can Jaina flood Orgrimmar again?
07/15/2018 09:48 AMPosted by Reallyhappy
So was Theramore
So was Quel'thalas

It's Treng trying to make a thread about how people bring up taurajo was a legitimate target in the narrative, failing to realize the only reason people bring it up is either ironicly, as a joke, or to bemoan it.

shocker
07/15/2018 12:28 AMPosted by Treng

Annnd so is Undercity and most definately Turaujo. But really, the issue with Darnassus is the Horde struck first. The paranoia of the Horde towards the Alliance knows no bounds, when in fact the Alliance could have dealt a crush blow back in MoP but it didnt.

I guess the Horde struck first if you ignore Silithus and Stormheim and pretend those don’t exist.
07/15/2018 10:03 AMPosted by Baljin
I guess the Horde struck first if you ignore Silithus and Stormheim and pretend those don’t exist.

Well that's what Blizzard's doing so