Move Anything Alternative

UI and Macro
Excellent work BSC (yeah, thought you were the one from here!)... it's still tossing an error, repeats often so I turned error messages off. Obviously, it still needs work, will the original author look at tickets and fix stuff at some point?
is anyone getting it to save when hiding the bottom gryphons and bags. i can get a temp fix but it wont save it if i reload UI or logout.
Thank you, thank you, thank you Bluspacecow!! <3 Your .lua fixes worked! :)
07/18/2018 09:35 AMPosted by Tresska
07/18/2018 09:05 AMPosted by Cipang
after moving the bags and micro bar is there a way to hide the ui where they used to be showing the empty slots?
Not yet, nor can you move the gryphons. You can however control that through bartender

07/18/2018 11:54 AMPosted by Thebigdpatts
is anyone getting it to save when hiding the bottom gryphons and bags. i can get a temp fix but it wont save it if i reload UI or logout.

I was able to move the Gryphons.
Go to: Blizzard bottom bar > Main bar
that should move the gryphons.

I cannot however find anything that moves the place grey place holder for the bags & the micro menu.
Bluspacecow,Thank you for taking the time and posting fixes..Worked perfectly.
True MVP.
Thank you, this helped!
<span class="truncated">...</span>Not yet, nor can you move the gryphons. You can however control that through bartender

07/18/2018 11:54 AMPosted by Thebigdpatts

I was able to move the Gryphons.
Go to: Blizzard bottom bar > Main bar
that should move the gryphons.

I cannot however find anything that moves the place grey place holder for the bags & the micro menu.

Probably because those art assets arent in the mod yet. Like I said, bartender seems to get rid of these nicely. But if you do use bartender you wont be able to move the gryphons (you can move the whole bar including the gryphons with bartender but not separately)
Thank you very much for the fix.
This addon has been so useful over the years, so I really hope it gets taken up again and made current.
Fixed MoveAnything for me, thank you so much!
@Bluepacecow

/undying gratitude
thank you so much! but, yeah, hiding action bar & bag are wonky (probably because of default ui changes)
This isn't working for me unfortunately...do I just move both the .lua files to World of Warcraft>interface>addons>moveanything manually?
07/18/2018 09:05 AMPosted by Cipang
after moving the bags and micro bar is there a way to hide the ui where they used to be showing the empty slots?

/run MicroButtonAndBagsBar.MicroBagBar:Hide(1)
07/19/2018 12:32 AMPosted by Lilyx
This isn't working for me unfortunately...do I just move both the .lua files to World of Warcraft>interface>addons>moveanything manually?

After you unzip them your unzip program should ask you where you want it to put them. If it doesn't, then yes just put the two files there manually and make sure you're replacing the old files, not merely adding new ones.

It will take a bit of finagling to get the bars setup the right way again but it shouldn't be too hard.
Thanks Blue, this is the single most important addon and you saved the day! Taking the time to do this, and posting it for all of us, is greatly appreciated. I was not feeling this new UI. Going back to it was beyond frustrating and slows you down. Good show!

Edit: And ty OP for bringing the topic up. I would have just accepted that bs UI and waited for update.
I replace the .lua files and now it's working for me but when I load my profile nothing change, everything still the same as the default.
07/18/2018 04:21 AMPosted by Bluspacecow
With help from the fine peeps at #wowuidev as well as searching the archives on the Ellypse's Addon discord I've figure out a patch.

Details including fix link can be downloaded from here -

https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/move-anything/issues/619

If you're getting any other Lua errors that don't mention anything about a TEXT function being undefined after downloading the code fixes from the URL above please go to -

https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/move-anything/issues

And log a bug ticket.

Disclaimer - I am not the addon author so don't know his code well enough to put in other bug fixes.

This worked perfectly, thank you so much!
Helpful stuff

this worked perfectly; thank you!
Update now on twitch addons
07/18/2018 04:21 AMPosted by Bluspacecow
With help from the fine peeps at #wowuidev as well as searching the archives on the Ellypse's Addon discord I've figure out a patch.

Details including fix link can be downloaded from here -

https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/move-anything/issues/619

If you're getting any other Lua errors that don't mention anything about a TEXT function being undefined after downloading the code fixes from the URL above please go to -

https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/move-anything/issues

And log a bug ticket.

Disclaimer - I am not the addon author so don't know his code well enough to put in other bug fixes.

Thank you so very, very much!!